Automobilista 2 December 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Mista

Mista New Member

May you explain how to get reproduction feature? I Also have a Pimax Crystal and can't figure out how to actiating interpolation of the frames. in the toolkit the fps is showing over 60. Regardles if i activate smart smoothing in pimax play and 120Hz mode.

2. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Some patience guys. Maybe some of you don't celebrate Xmas, but most of the Reiza team probably do and they deserve a break. Here in the UK today is the first working day after Xmas, so I expect something *might* happen today ( at least for the beta ).

• Like Like x 1
  3. baragwin

baragwin New Member AMS2 Club Member

thank you so much to have included "le Bugatti", i did a few trackdays there, it is a fantastic track wich should be in every good racing sim even if its main use is motoGP !

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

When I started simracing I didn't even know what multiclass has... (yes, my knowledge about racing was at that level :whistle:).
    A well known sim opened my eyes to Le Mans and multiclass races, and I never looked back again. Le Mans is a good relaxing track where we can race for a long time without getting tired.
    AMS2 is my choice for offline races, and that's what I do nowadays.

I've been developing/adjusting my custom FFB file with two mods, LMP2 and (BMW Z4) GT3 and been using Road America and Daytona as multiclass test tracks. And it's great, although I'm hitting AI's limit easilly (I can get 1s faster than Ai @120%... :(, it should be the other way around).

I'll buy these two DLC for sure and really hope for a way to get competitive races with AI (my two cents: if 100% AI is calibrated to real world track records, nobody should be able to get faster than AI at 100-105% and that's a global flaw in simracing world, not just AMS2 specifically).

• Like Like x 2
  5. Virindi

Virindi New Member

I don't activate smart smoothing, it creates artifacts for me... like flickering huge white triangles in large parts of the screen every few seconds.
    So just cap fps to 60 in open xr toolkit (framerate throttling) and that's it. I do it in all my racing games; to me that's good enough.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Honestly what I'm hoping for is that the Bugatti circuit gets its own historic version in the form of the 1967 version given we have appropriate cars and that it hasn't been represented in any sim officially, not even GPL which chose Rouen instead (understandably, I'll admit but my point stands here)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Release Date on Racedepepartment was the 27th, meaning today, but they did a sneak edit. Still hoping for a release today as I was already making plans for skins and i am eager to do testing at Imola

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Renato hasn’t said anything about a release date on the 27th so that’s not true what they wrote

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jack Sorensen

Jack Sorensen New Member AMS2 Club Member

It's my birthday today so Renato, where is my gift :whistle::p . Looking forward to Le Mans and the cars when it comes :)

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes indeed! Where is this man's present?! :eek:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

drilling-F5.gif

• Funny Funny x 18
    • Winner Winner x 2
  12. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

I highly doubt the update will be released today. This is the 1st working day after Christmas and the dev update was released in the morning on 24th (Brazilian time) and I reckon there's still some work to do, otherwise they could have push out the update on the 24th. I don't expect the update before Friday or even Saturday. If I'll be proved to be wrong, I'll take it as a pleasant surprise.
    The DLCs will be insta-buy for me anyway, no matter when they will be available.
    Thank you for the hard work, Reiza, I really hope you can get some rest during the Holliday!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please keep your logic to yourself....F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5F5

• Funny Funny x 9
  14. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Er, this man is a Paddock Club member so already has, or can have access to his 'presents'...... ;-)

15. Dede2602

Dede2602 New Member

I hope it will be released before December 39th! Releasing it is one point but I still need time to test it before I get back to work on January 2nd!
    On the endurance part: IF they want AMS2 to be more attractive for online racers, they really should introduce driver swaps, especially when driving LeMans etc.
    Personally I am somewhat disappointed that this is not coming with the LM update. Endu and driver swaps are the key promoters for online gamers. So please introduce it along the way.
    Other than that: GREAT JOB!

16. Enthony

Enthony from Far East

All I want is Macau. Please. I can not stand ac graphic anymore after joining amazing ams2 community

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

He’s speaking the truth

18. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. MrGit

MrGit Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This thread needs more hype, way too quiet when considering what's coming...:D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Racinglegend1234

Well we can’t start anything since we aren’t allowed to share anything yet