Automobilista 2 V1.5.3.2, F-HiTech & Historical Track Pack Pt2 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.3.5

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Nov 25, 2023.

1. jonnyb1990

jonnyb1990 New Member

Yes, while the WEC does get the crown for Le Mans, the best and most competitive endurance racing series in the world is without a doubt Super GT.
    Plus we can finally answer which is faster, DPi, LMDh or GT500

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I can’t talk about the competitiveness of Super GT, but I much prefer the look of prototypes over GT cars so I wouldn’t say it’s the best.

3. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

it has already been answered in REAL LIFE.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Where and when?

5. DinoM

DinoM Member

Apart from Gran Turismo, everyone is expensive or does not get a Japanese license.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

You have expensive things and very expensive things. Japan licences are part of the second choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think regarding Toyota and Honda, it's a combination of price and maybe Reiza being a small indie studio might not have the connections or "pull" as you might say to be taken for consideration unfortunately. Still it's a real loss not having much representation of 2 of the most important and historic auto makers in the sim.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. ChuckBeamer

ChuckBeamer Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, and that's where proper modding tools and docs would be of good use to get us some "Honkas" and "Koyotas" from established modding teams (although I would only share them with vetted teams like RSS, VRC, etc. to avoid the sea of mediocrity and copy-paste as in AC world)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree if you want bang for the buck. And I also don't want any soltair cars without competitors.
    But beside the reasons I already mentioned there are others why I would love to see these cars turn up.
    One word of @Renato Simioni doesn't leave my head, the Reiza journey through the times of motor sport.
    I would like to experience this as realistic as possible with the original cars on the original tracks. But then the right cars should also be available.
    At least Ferrari was often involved in the big rivalries. Be it Ford/Ferrari or Porsche/Ferrari at Le Mans.
    F1 provides further examples, unforgettable Niki Lauda vs. James Hunt or Michael Schumacher vs. Mika Häkkinnen.
    Ferrari is simply part of motorsport history and I wouldn't want to do without it.
    And these cars are all beautiful as well.

Well, enough sentimentalism for now.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

I see Reiza getting much bigger over the next year. I think it will be next popular sim to iR for sim racers (i.e. not talking Forza etc). It's ffb might be the best in the biz; graphics are among the best; it's one of the easiest sims to get running and its variety is becoming AC like. I think Toyota and Honda might not like sitting by watching other brands steal some thunder. Honda is already in via Maclaren. Only a matter of time, IMO.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Well, how about Sakito? Nazda? Totoya? Accurate? Subacu? Mitsu Beach? That-Sumo-Wrestler-From-SF2? How about the Awesome GT DLC or the Super-Duper Formula class, eh? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Ferrari F40... Ferrari GTO... Ferrari Dino... Ferrari Berlinetta... Ferrari F430... Ferrari Scuderia... Ferrari Italia... Ferrari Enzo... Ferrari 330... Ferrari 512... LaFerrari... Ferrari F355... Ferrari 512... Ferrari FXX... Ferrari F2004...

:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

the how did a mobile game called Assoluto racing got the license for both Toyota and Honda?

I honestly think reiza just need the right connections

14. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting, they have a lot of Japanese cars and circuits, are the developers from Japan? That could explain it, if not, then as you wrote and I agree, they need the right connections, but that's easier said than done.

15. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

I think the answer lies in the question. It's a mobile game, it's probably not going to be as expensive as it is for a full fledged AAA or sim game on PC

16. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

Assoluto has over 10 Million Downloads on Android alone. Plus iPhone. They probably have a decent revenue stream and need good new content all the time to atttract people that will put in Money and time

17. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Here’s the thing though they have those 2 licenses for a long time and currently it does not have the same relevance as other mobile games

as a matter of fact they took a while to acquire the Nurburgring license and still don’t have tracks like spa

the only interesting track it have that ams dont is Fuji

18. Kute

Kute Member

That's a gacha japanese game, it's frankly irrelevant how those developers choose to allocate their budget

As for ferrari - IDK, I don't want to commit motorsport seppuku here, but I hate scrubbing around on street tires, I'm not desperate for their gt3 cars, the f2004 is loosely represented already.

Don't get me wrong, I'll never say no to a legendary automaker's cars, I'd love a couple of their 60's offerings, but I'd much rather see super formula make an appearance and I don't think ferrari runs anything there.

I'd not mind seeing Lamborghinis on the track for their recognizable gorgeous bodyshape. They add a lot of flavour, whereas I regularly mistake 296's for mclarens

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

How daaaaaare you :eek:!

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

DPi has faster one lap pace over LMDh, but only 40-45 min fuel stints compared to LMDh 55ish min stints.