Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Virindi

Virindi New Member

Hi. I installed a custom FFB file months ago, I can't remember which one I am a little lost in these hundreds of pages...
    I love it but just 2 things I would like to adjust though, maybe you can help me find what lines to look for in the file:
    - The wheel gets harder to turn when braking, ok but it's a little too hard for me
    - I would like to feel some shaking when ABS kicks in, like in RF2.

Thanks for your help.

2. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

We have to thank all of you! :) @Danielkart I fully agree with John, you're the ones that do the hard and time consuming work. I myself am just posting things in a thread.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Just look inside the file, the name/version should be there.
    About ABS, Reiza doesn't provide that info (as far as I know, I asked for it).

4. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

The brake tremor when braking can already be felt in the wheel. ABS should be easier to feel in the brake pedal due to pulsating vibrations. There are already hardware solutions for this. For example, the Haptic pedals from Simagic or the Simucube active pedals. But especially with Simucube, it is very expensive and few people will be able to afford it. Other pedal manufacturers will surely follow soon

• Like Like x 1
  5. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I updated The Custom-FFB Collection to include more recent variants. [Update: v2.6a moves earlier FullFFB versions to the Z-Appendix area. The most current version (v7 for now) remains in the main folder.]

Thanks to @ricxx for listing the most recent updates and to @Joaquim Pereira for clarifying the origins of his FullFFB series.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Hey man, tx for NAMeS! maybe your can help me. After all my mods have been installed, the F Hitech and other, revert back to fictional names like Fenstermacher. Weird though is the xml file in custom liveries does have the correct names?

7. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That one doesn't have Drivers names in it. Drivers names are in the UserData\CustomAIDrivers folder.

• Like Like x 1
  8. john Ellis

I’ll PM you my suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Palerider

Palerider New Member

Just wanted to share my settings on a Thrustmaster T300 RS cause right now AMS2 is feeling fantastic.

In TM profile:
    upload_2023-12-28_17-17-28.png

In game:
    Gain: 55
    LFB: 0
    FX: 10-20
    Damper: 0

Mostly using Default+ and feels great with most cars, for open wheelers it feels way to twitchy and I switch to the following custom ffb: Manolo & Stakanov 05 ATMOS - MOD V1.4 FIX.

This custom ffb also feels great with a lot of cars, best I've tried without any tweaking and using the same settings as the Default+.

Let me know your thoughts if you are on same wheel :)

10. john Ellis

might want to repost this in the V1.4 FFB thread for those Thrustmaster users who use either of the default profiles. BTW, your wheel is well within the “every wheel other than a G25/G27 needs some amount of Damping” as recommended by Reiza … I assume you have concluded that any Damping is less desirable than the 0 you employ?

11. Alexandre Bauer

Alexandre Bauer Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For ABS I don't know, but for that brake feeling (I don't like it as well) you can search for "Brake Feel" in the lines, it is about 2.5 multiplier, and I turned it to 1.0, much better.

I have to say, this custom FFB is the best for the game and should at least be part of the standard game as something like "Community custom".

12. Palerider

Palerider New Member

I'll repost in that forum, didn't know it existed. Tried with dampening for some time and it was OK, when I went back to 0 damping just found it so much more consistent and prefer it so much more (on non-open wheel cars at least). It now feels similar to rfactor. That being said the custom ffb I'm using essentially feels like a dampened muted default+ and feels great on many cars.
    Also, dislike damping in other sims, and no profiles on TM, so just prefer one size fits all, don't have to mess with the TM panel when I switch sims.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  13. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Reiza were willing to add rFuktor to main game as an an included option , but memory issue's or something like that made it difficult to add any more than existing profiles.
    and quite frankly i would imagine it would require some internal maintenance as part of physics and ffb updating ,that i’m sure they haven’t got time to do.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Joaquim Pereira

It would be great if we could load a new file anytime in-game or, at least, possible from the main menu (without a game restart). That would relieve my suffering a lot :D.

Of course, 476.3 addicional sliders would also help :D:D:D:D:D.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Jonas Brüggemann

Jonas Brüggemann New Member

Hello. When you use this V70 Plus file for your Simucube 2 Pro, what settings do you have in your True Drive?
    What settings in Gain, FX and damping do you have in game?

Thanks

16. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

The True Drive settings and in-game settings can be found described in the file. The V70 plus is an older file from me, the biggest difference is the use of damping and friction on the base ;)

17. Joaquim Pereira

What's new:
    • Better near-center load feeling
    • New adhesion/grip formulas
    • Introduced tyre stretch component
    • Introduced offroad texture (canned effect)
    • Reintroduced scrub effects
    • Overall adjustments in parameters weights
    Still to improve/implement:
    • (no roadmap)

• Like Like x 3
  18. john Ellis

The Custom FFB Collection v2.7 is uploaded. Please note that I took the opportunity to restructure many of the previous versions into author-specific archives; any folder with a "Z-Archive" prefix contains subfolders (any of these subfolders can be copied to main folder for easy JSGME activation). All folders without the Z-Appendix prefix are JSGME-ready.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Palerider

Palerider New Member

Just want to add, Kuku Revival also feels amazing on T300. In my initial testing of all the customs I hadn't realised in game damper slider (in Kuku Revival) is used to adjust suspension feel so I hadn't given it a proper try. I have tweaked some values in the file itself (damper to 0.1 or off, increased oversteer scale and reduced some curb settings and some effects settings). Using 60/0/35/45 in game feels amazing with all vehicle categories.

Question regarding custom parameters:
    I turned all # Road features settings and all # Effect scales to 0 and I still get vibration when vehicle moves. This is controlled by FX slider in game. Anyone got any idea what other parameter to change? Its not engine_scale_at_speed nor texture_scale as they both 0. My alternative is to increase desirable effects in file and set a low FX slider to not feel this constant vibe.

EDIT: it was road_rolling_slip_feel. set it to 0 as it seems to only be referenced once under road effect

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  20. Jonas Brüggemann

Jonas Brüggemann New Member

Oh, thanks, mind if I ask what is the newest file to use?