Automobilista 2 December 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

New or not it doesn't matter. At the end of the day i gave my opinion. I work with customers and if i think i can have issues with a job i don't give a tight deadline or estimated time. Since where the dev not has been published there was Christmas upcoming and New year's eve and they have to celebrate as they are not slave but people like us. So IN MY OPINION writing "before end of the month" was a bit unsafe. Me, and i think other people, was much happy reading "will come soon" or "Stay tuned to know the release date"...Easy!

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ppasylla14

ppasylla14 New Member

OK, I see. THANKS. It seemed weird to me. It's quite complicated actually. Just wait more then

3. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

When joining the beta you agree to terms and conditions. I can see where someone may have let their video process overnight and didn't realize they left it set to public. Totally get it, and if it was me I would break out in a cold sweat when I realized it. It doesn't change my statement, which was not accusing any individual, just a general observation of the kind of world we live in today, with everyone looking for clicks.

Have a Happy New Year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Pretty sure Renato and team are hating having to postpone the update just as much as anyone who was eagerly waiting for the update to drop.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, all i can say is, prepare to experience this more in the future....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mirko Pricoco

Well i can give my opinion as everyone. Also to make it clear, if you write "before end of the month" it means now! So if you release a Dev Note on top of Christmas and new years time, you have to consider also that the turnaround is too tight. i Would prefer read "will come soon" or "check our forum to stay updated". Is not the end of the world, but of course me and some other people had the expectation to put their hands on the new stuffs these days. Then, i understand problem can come up, it's normal and part of the job, that's why i would not pronounce anything until i have all the materials working fine.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

You are talking too much sense here. I will always add a week to a customers order just in case so he is happy when the order arrives ahead of schedule.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Likewise, I quoted you but was mainly because I couldn't quote all the accusatory comments on YouTube any more, it wasn't specifically aimed at you. Anyway, plenty of other things to enjoy this weekend, have a good one :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I also work in software with customers and I'd be strung up if I didn't tell them what to expect and a current schedule for when to expect it! Always with the proviso that it's a current plan and may be subject to development hurdles.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Mirko Pricoco

Happy to read that someone understood my point!

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

On the other hand, they gained some very passionate and dedicated testers.
    Double-edge sword.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, of course everyone is entitled to state their opinion, at least along as they aren't making erroneous claims along the way. You say "if you write "before end of the month" it means now!". Come now, are you seriously suggesting that the end of a 31 day month is the afternoon of the 30th (in Brazil where Renato is). The end of the month is the end of month. It's not Renato's problem if Mirko or Race Department or whoever decides the 27th is the end of the month.

You're a new forum member so you most likely are not aware that this very topic has been discussed to death numerous times. Renato (the lead developer of Reiza) has admitted to being an eternal optimist and our opinions are not going to change him. Some might rather no timescales were mentioned whilst others are hungry for even more detail and communication and would be equally upset at a lack of estimated or planned dates. It is what it is and we have to learn to live with it if we are bothered by it in the first place. Incidentally, Renato has "learned" from past experience. He used to give concrete dates almost every time whereas nowadays he uses language like 'plan' and 'aiming for'.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Stepy

Stepy Member

Can`t Reiza just release the version in the leaked video as the RC ? seem fine to me.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Denis_W

Denis_W Member

Why?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Notformedia build.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Because the Beta is in a "not for media state", so no photos or videos using it are allowed to be made public.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Denis_W

Denis_W Member

Thank you

18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because there are significant CTD issues. I think everyone should just trust Reiza's judgement and understand they work very hard to deliver and more often then not their schedules are tight.
    On the flip side of the coin, they deliver great content and features that most of the other developers took years to deliver or never even considered (yes looking at you ACC, why no FCYs?).
    We have to take the good with the bad and unfortunately this time around the last two days carried CTDs as a surprise. It is what it is, but surely it's worth the wait.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

He is not talking sense. I don't know what you do but you can add a week to a customers order but if something happens you can still have a big problem on your hands. So now all of a sudden the extra time you thought you had is gone. And customers who then could say. Why do you only add a week, I was looking so forward to the order and I needed to have it on this date.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

For me personally it's ok too. But there are so many other testers ending with CTD's.
    Guess what would happen when this would be the case in the release version.....****STORM!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1