Automobilista 2 December 2023 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 24, 2023.

1. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think "Calm your Tits" still wins, sorry. Nice to see continuity of theme.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

No, it only cost money on Xbox and Playstation to patch so they were not doing pc like Hotfixes 24/7.
    I dont even think it cost money on PS5 in a time of Games as a Service.

3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

And Steam refused to refund for going over two hours even with well documented issues in the game and despite losing an hour of my two hours because EA mothballed my account and I couldn't log on. Even if I get it to work, they've removed my two favourite game modes since DR2. I was a huge Dirt Rally supporter but to say I feel jilted by WRC is an understatement.

My only grumps with AMS2 are that a) I can't change my name to my actual name in game and b) sometimes we're a little unsure what or when to expect, which this time has been managed perfectly.

AMS2 has been a positively excellent experience for me on average and, now it looks like the focus and content in 2024 will align with my taste even better, I'm really looking forward to it. Agree, no comparison.

4. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

Well....i can only say...no one told them to push to the last week of the month. But at the end of the day everything is coming by today or tomorrow!!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Your in game name is your Steam name, which can be very easily changed back and forth whenever you want. I used to do it all the time as one of the groups I play with prefer the use of real names rather than nicknames.

Maybe you know that though and are just wishing that the game wasn't tied to your Steam name at all? I'm pretty sure it's been requested before but wouldn't harm to post on the feature request thread if so.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

You can already change your name in game right ? Into infos and change driver infos

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Minor thing, I know, that's the point I'm trying to make - no real issues :)

I've mentioned it in the feature request but I get that it's very low priority.

You can?

8. Periophtalmus Spintirus

Periophtalmus Spintirus [3DP]BumbleBee AMS2 Club Member

But that's only for offline racing afaik.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to manage expectations ( though this might be a lost cause ), I don't believe anyone has said that the update will definitely be by the end of tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Its better to have usernames instead of real names as it prevents the real life harassment associated with iracing

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. taomatrix72

taomatrix72 New Member

hy all members of the studio. i normaly not writing here. but at this point i wanna say thank you to all, who put so much work in this sim. automobilista have made so much progress in the last years. it´s unbelievable that such a small studio came this far. it´s great that you put even on holiday session so much work in ams2. it´s great to see that people who blame your sim now playing it.
    like all other i´m still waiting for the lmdh´s. but most important is that you take the time that you need and stay healthy. and a greater 2024 and thanks for the great moments you gave me
    greetings

• Like Like x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Click on your name at top right, then on edit info or whatever the button is on the right side. You can set your forename, surname and nationality flag. Looks like it only works offline though. Your Steam name is pulled through online still. (But again, you can change that in seconds. Bit of a pain remembering to do so everytime if you only want to use your real name in AMS2 and a nickname elsewhere).

I had totally forgotten that, thanks. Only works for offline play though as others have highlighted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
  14. Carlael

Carlael Member

Completely agree with you Renan. It´s incredible to see how people became mad, just for have to wait a bit more to get the stuff with the quality that it deserves. I´ve read words like anxiety and desperate comments that make me think about this kind of people has no other things in life. Like babys without his toy. Sad, very sad.
    Reiza crew, for the love of god, is new years eve, take a gooood rest, enjoy the celebration with your families, friends, whoever you want. You deserve it as well as everyone. Take your time for yourselves because you didn´t promise anything.
    As Renan says the world will not end if le Mans doesn´t come today, tomorrow or day after tomorrow... or or or.
    There´s so many important things to worry about. And It´s sunday, and you have a life as everyone, take your time and enjoy. Respect and big support for all of you.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Fineraft

Fineraft Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can. It's in the menu when you click on your license in the right top corner

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

STAGINGTEST for the base game
    upload_2023-12-31_13-25-1.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
  18. Mirko Pricoco