Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

Happy New Year to everyone.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As a paddock club member I have been able to play with these new toys for a little while now so what I find most satisfying is when it is released publicly and you see all the comments from either new members or those that have been members for years but have rarely posted. To me that is a good gauge of the success of the update and the sim in general.

And there have been a lot of those in this thread alone.

Big kudos to Reiza!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I really used to think the Le Mans track was boring. I just finished racing around Le Mans for 2 hours with time at 60x watching sun rise and set inside the Cadillac LMDh. Glorious stuff. LED numbers on the cars shine through. Really great fun and enjoyed the track immensely.

I did note the sparks are still broken in VR and the windshield rain still doesn't even need wipers even in a thunderstorm. Everything else is bloody marvelous.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  4. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

Happy new year and thanks for the great update. I'm startign to ask myself if there will ever be lobbies with pre-1.5.5 content, since all the "old stuff in AMS2 now looks and sounds so bland compared to the new on.

5. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've seen it in IMSA where a qualifier got red flagged before everyone could get a proper flying lap. I know IMSA will always put the faster class up with their class. The only exception I've seen is the GTD AM and GTD Pro intermixed but they are the same cars so that makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you're using a LMDh you'd want to set the opponents to 11 not 12 otherwise you'd have a duplicate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe Member

Did a 45 minute dry-to-wet race in the Caddy LMDh and had a really fun time! Terrifying in VR because of both the spray, and my VR headset battery dying right in the last corner, but greatly enjoyable regardless!

I did make a mental note that in "Rain" conditions, even with the spray, the windshield doesn't seem to "fill" with the droplets, but I'm chalking that up to the devs being kind instead of making us blind and forget where the track is :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've spent the entire day doing time trials on Le Mans using the new and incredible LMDh cars.... Thanks Reiza to for keeping the child in me smiling during my vacation!! Wishing the Rezia team a happy 2024 Le-Mans Style :)
    [​IMG]

CustomLemans.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Creative Creative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Glad I’m not the only one who noticed this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Happy New Year to all here !

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Good morning.
    7am, best time for the morning coffee and sitting in a protoype :cool:

ss072850.jpg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. FastForward

FastForward New Member

First time poster here. I‘m coming from iRacing as I needed a break and I can tell you I‘m enjoying this so much! Thanks for the great release as I was eagerly awaiting the GT3 Gen2s but meanwhile had lots of fun especially in the German DTM and M1 cars.

A happy New Year to everyone. I hope the Dev Team can enjoy some days off now - we need you in good shape this year, so take care of yourselves :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
  13. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reading all these comments here made me think that
    upload_2024-1-1_10-17-12.png

Happy New Year to everybody and thankyou-thankyou-thankyou Reiza!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  14. mlsxld

mlsxld New Member

LMDH and Leman are amazing, but night performance still a problem, the new option cannot work properly

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Happy new year to all!

Major thanks to Reiza's track department team for fixing almost all the z-fighting issues in the Le Mans Circuit des 24h du Mans! This made the track complete and made it one of the best looking and to drive on tracks in the game/sim. Such a joy to drive and such great graphics/vegetation on the side of the track. Impressive job!

One small thing: the white lines on the long straight of Circuit des 24h du Mans pop in a bit to late.

Other a bigger thing: in the Bugatti layouts there are still the z-fighting issues: the "motul" and blue/yellow sides with the tires behind them flicker massively on the top, so the same issue that was/is fixed in the big Circuit des 24h du Mans after the beta, still occurs in the Bugatti layouts.

The new cars drive amazing, the DLC is an absolute must have for any simracer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Marcmesa

Marcmesa New Member

In our real world bad people pretend to be saints and victims and good people are misled.
    This is called inverted values...
    In this game I just realized that the more aggressive I put the weak AI, the more it hits me, it seems to ignore me as if I was not present and the more aggressive I put the AI high, or max and there, she behaves well.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. mildew

mildew New Member

Default+ FFB is sure more intense on my g923 with the 1.5.5.0 patch. Car seems to have slightly more grip, time to update some of my lap records :)

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

LMDh are amazing. A question, does the AI qualify with a full tank?

I'm doing 1h races with fuel and tyre wear set to x3 and I'm always 1s faster than AI in quali, while during the race they give me a run for my money, so I figured that maybe I'm qualifying with low fuel while they are lapping with full tanks

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried it yesterday, but turned practice and qualifying OFF in settings first, and set my grid position to “last” and the result was exactly like you wanted. I (LMDh) didn’t qualify and started only at the end of my class but not at the end of the whole field. Maybe a workaround for you?…

• Like Like x 1
  20. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hope this will be rectified in the complemenrary update. Currently the ai is way quicker in the practice session than in the qualifying or race. But as you state it looks a bit better in the race then. There is still something to do. I recommend to set their performance a little higher on Le Mans to have a competitive field in the race.