Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Yeah I noticed that as well. At Daytona in the practice session they lap in the realm of low to high 33s in the top spots (playing on 96, I'm something of a noob myself eheh), while in quali the best they can do is a 35.0. I'm also running private quali hoping they can have better lap times as they don't have to deal with lapped cars

2. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Does anyone tried blue flag situation? I see that the AI lift off more and thinking this might help when AI lapping another AI car

3. Oskar

Oskar New Member

i mean i can't find the xml file to change Ldhm and gt3 name in UserData/CustomAIDrivers

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

As far as i am aware, there is not custom Ai file yet available for both those classes, but there is a proper name xml, on the Race Department site for the new cars

Here you GO

5. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Quick question, do the Le Mans TT leaderboards work?

6. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

All the best to the reiza team and everyone here. The SIM is so good that this Christmas I bought myself a profile rig, Moza 5 and some simjack pedals. Merry Christmas to me .

I don't post much but I see the hard work that goes on behind the scenes and it is immense. Thanks again and go get some week deserved rest. ❤️

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Enthony

Enthony from Far East

Happy new year community !

Want to thank Reiza team for amazing update of leman. It's really fully immersive experience driving on the track as well as Bugatti circuit. So many details make this sim realistic. Really great. LMH cars are feeling also superb and different from each other (I tested bmw and Porsche).

I have few questions:

1) How do I know what tyres Ai running ? Not for LMH only, but in overall, for example in fia GT1 there is few slick compounds.

2) How to make replay longer then 2 minutes? Can not figure out, also have not found settings for replay length

3) I have strong internet connection on high speed (from Hong Kong). But basically all online lobbies are kicking me out because of connection. When searching lobby in shows good signal, when joining , each player signal turned from green to red in few seconds. 1 min After connection - kick. Same happens with time trial with leaderboard.
    Can anyone help me what could be the problem ???? No, internet is perfect and works excellent in any other game or sim

Lm bugs: replay camera blures / glitchy moves the car to much on dunlop curve

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
  8. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's more up to the modders to fix it and not a thing for Reiza if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track is really beautiful, I can't think of a better rendition of it anywhere else.

New cars are a nice addition, they drive great, M4 is a weapon. The liveries and paint shaders on these new cars are the most natural looking we've had yet and in particular the all black M4 and 992 look fantastic.

AI in the dry at Le Mans felt a bit spicey, and in the wet they were extremely cautious. No doubt subsequent updates will even everything out.

Can't speak for 2d but in VR the number of visible cars option needs adjusting if possible. It definitely has an affect on performance which is great, but it needs to have a bias towards rendering cars infront rather than behind/evenly distributed. If it had a max rearward render number or defaulted to something like 4 - 6 cars behind this would be ideal. Otherwise you just end up in a situation where as you move towards the front performance suffers or if you qualify first even with the number of visible cars set to 12 your frames will tank. And even just from the standpoint of racing it's more useful to see a greater number of cars infront rather than behind.

And I think the main takeaway from all of this is that the procar is still awesome.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Enthony

Enthony from Far East

That's for sure. My bad. Forgot about pcar tree addition

Maybe you can help to answer any of my questions ? Would appreciate

11. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When you finish a single player race select skip to end and then replay. Then ita full lenght and you can save it there.

In muktiplayer when session end you have chance to save replay with a button.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Oskar

Oskar New Member

thx man

13. Enthony

Enthony from Far East

No option for single run/time trial?

14. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Deleted.

15. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

@john Ellis What did took you so long to provide this update? :D:D:D:D

Only had time to jump into Porsche LMDh @Le Mans and my first impression is great work from Reiza.
    The Ai seems to be very good indeed.

16. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Happy New Year Folks !

Le Mans and the cars are FABOULOUS. Almost spend the night on it. But I'm working today.

Feelings, sound and look great. The track at day is for now, the best looking Le Mans in any sim. At night... It's good but not a great that rF2.
    But I think it's a Madness Engine issue. Hope the night race will have "update" for the distribution of light etc.

Anyway, this new content is great ! Thanks Reiza !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

I noticed that the AI stops more. At Daytona with fuel x3 and a 1h race I stopped 3 times, while AI did 5 or even 6. I think they run with lighter cars as I did 9/10 lap stints while AI was boxing after like 4 or 5 laps

18. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

AI is extremely fast on Le Mans 24h compared to their performance on other tracks. They also do not hesitate to ram other cars before corners. Seen a lot of carnage in the replays.

In some car classes I tried so far, like V_10 Gen 2, the engine gets way too hot within just a few laps, even if you set cooling to 100%.

Great track, btw!:)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
  19. Maddin71287

Maddin71287 Member

i love them as well!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

After putting off my VR glasses (and then putting them on again) I got double the fun.
    upload_2024-1-1_13-25-11.png