Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This kind of post is bizarre. What is your point?

Like I said, Im away from my rig which means Ive no access to AMS2 since before the AI update. Saw many videos stating the AI is much improved, which made me happy and eager to give it a go whenever I'm able to, which will be in many weeks from today.

What is the problem of asking in the game forums if the mentioned issue has been fixed for real or not, given someone reported AI is still getting stuck behind slower cars?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Would it be possibile to add a pitch option for the camera? I'd like to pitch down my camera a little bit just to see a little more of the lcd display, but the only way to do it is to go down with the seat, I would like to stay with the height I selected and just look down a bit

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Reiza's vision for the career mode is. Not that there's any rush, I'm okay with waiting until 2028+ if necessary. But I'm looking forward to it. :)

4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Regulations | 24 Hours of Le Mans

9.1.2 Track limits
    The Drivers must imperatively respect the track limits and must
    respect at all times the requirements detailed in Chapter IV of
    Appendix L to the Code.
    Penalties in case of infringement:
    -
    During practice: at the Stewards’ discretion: penalty that
    may go as far as disqualification of the Driver.
    -
    During the race: at the Stewards’ discretion: penalty that
    may go as far as disqualification of the Driver.

(can't find the appendix)

24 Hours of Le Mans – Track curbs: a driver's friend and foe | 24h-lemans.com

Originally, there was no reference to curbs in the regulations, but now the FIA controls the different types of curbs at any given circuit. One of the main concerns of race directors these days is respect of the race route. A certain tolerance has set in with a partial overlap of the very flat curbs which did not exist before due to the prohibitive shapes of the older generation curbs. However, if the drivers pass all four wheels to the other side of a curb, they risk a penalty for not respecting track limits.

So probably we are supposed to be on the curbs at least

• Informative Informative x 4
  5. Daniel Duarte

Daniel Duarte New Member

Hey! Since Reiza is planing on adding LED panels to the rest of the tracks, I think it would be a good time to suggest adding those LED panels to Estoril(Cascais). The track got them installed in real life in mid 2023.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

you can bind a buttons to this the same way as seat up and down , it’s in the same assignment menu .
    Think it’s called seat angle

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

There is a pitch option, but you have to bind the keys in the controls. Pitch also doesn't save between sessions and is reset when you exit the game, iirc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Pitch can be saved if using keyboard shortcuts

9. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

@sgsfabiano While I haven't done that much actual racing against the AI lately, based on my latest experiences the AI awareness and behavior in general seems to have improved to a noticeable degree. Most of their behavior that I've seen - be it sticking to their line while you overtake, them making a move to attack, etc. - seems much more natural and sensible to me. And that's coming from someone who thinks that the AI is the Achilles Heel of AMS2. Doesn't mean it's perfect yet, and the insane amount of car+track+weather combinations means that it will most likely require tweaks and improvements for years to come... But I feel like we're finally getting into territory where the AI is sensible enough to have fun races against. :) Your mileage may vary, of course.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Kute

Kute Member

Y'know I've never had any interest in lemans, just not big on ovals, speedways, high speed long stuff - but I really like the short track. The cars are great. I'm the worst guy to ask, but the 963 feels just like I expected it to, like my iracing 963 but smoother and with better FFB. This sim is clicking on all cylinders right now. Imo, this is the best single-player sim/racing game in the world.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Ader Pontes

Ader Pontes Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello friends ! Happy new year! I just tried the Lmdh + Gt3 g2 combo on Autoclub (Fontana) road course ! A race of 2 hours and 40 minutes with many challenges, it was tiring and I saw no problems with the AI ! Thanks Reiza for excellent work ! My position at the end of the race ? I didn't win.:oops:

Sorry my bad english !

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think they can pass pretty good, can’t they?

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You guys are nuts! Thanks team!

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. F2020

F2020 Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say im absolutely loving this update, its raised the bar significantly imo.

I've just setup a 24h custom championship, done two races already today and wow its literally so much fun :)

I was wondering whether its a placebo effect, but have the visuals improved significantly? I keep thinking it looks like a GT trailer, not sure if i've changed a setting on my tele lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, mate! Looking forward to get back to my rig and give it a go.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Oh thanks, didn't know it was in the controls menu

17. Coyote sp

Coyote sp Member AMS2 Club Member

Great job !
    Happy new year for everyone in Reiza

• Like Like x 1
  18. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Certainly as well as I think is possible. Getting AI to have fully human thinking with multi-class overtaking is probably a ways off :p

19. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Whatever point I may have wished to make--and whatever point I actually did make--with the previous post has already been made--let's just leave it at that.

As far as the subject of AI behavior in AMS2 is concerned ... yes, I agree with the majority opinion that the AI in AMS2 is the best it has ever been. Unlike before, with AI settings properly tuned, a simracer's obvious driving mistakes are now transgressions punishable by the AI--although ideally their judgments could be a bit more hardline and cutthroat at times, to be honest. And the AI could certainly dice it up between themselves a bit more to raise the immersion factor. However, a simracer in a typical multiplayer lobby has a greater chance of being wiped out in a meaningless, first-corner contretemp than a single-player in AMS2 has of being inexplicably forced off by AI argy-bargy, to be fair.

Once in front, and at most tracks, a savvy simracer can still position his car (a la Senna at Monaco) to fend off (possibly quicker) AI behind him (a la a chasing, frustrated Mansell). In this regard, AMS2 immortalize the Gilles at Jarama experience, lap after lap, which isn't totally bad, after all. It's impossible to have everything with AI, but AMS2 AI is undeniably better, and is certainly far, far from game breaking. Let's face it: if GamerMuscle finally admits that the AMS2 single player experience is better than Assetto Corsa (but not its driving model, in his eyes), some/all of that credit has to go to Reiza for what they have done to improve the AI.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

No even with the shorcuts , when you exit the race or the game , it's doesn't save. Don't know why .