Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

Yeah, AI was my biggest gripe with the sim for a good while and frankly it made me not touch it much for a few months but with these last few updates I'm hooked again! I'm finally properly enjoying racing AMS2 again now that the AI don't spend half their time offroading anymore and are capable of mostly clean, consistent racing lap after lap

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Need to double check, but there is a save camera position IIRC

3. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Formula Vintage Gen-1 is *very much* still amazing at modern Le Mans, in case anyone was wondering :D (figuring out the limit in the Porsche Curves is a fun one :p )

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Observations after a 1hr Le Mans race;
    • I set Mandatory Pit Stop with 4 Tires and Fuel, I only took what I needed fuel wise and jumped 3-4 cars so guessing the AI filled their tanks right up, so presume they don't calculate for the time left
      (no results file to check individual lap times, I believe there is a logging tool I could use for this?).
    • LODs better after todays update (have a day off Renato :p).
    • Z-Fighting on the black armco beyond the second chicane .
    • Faster Class AI do seem to get stuck behind slower class a bit too much in some cases, I witnessed the faster class going right up to the rear bumper, braking and then pulling alongside where they would momentarily brake again before making a clean pass. This was hampered further in the corners whereas on the long straights they lapped the slower class just fine.
    • AI in general are great to race against and as previous updates they've come on a long way, (although they still have the old issues of which I've mentioned before).
    • With regards to todays hotfix the AI are better at Le Mans than they were earlier on today, if anything a little faster than before, especially the Porsche which I couldn't keep up with (corvette).
    • Speaking of which the Corvettes LCD readout flickers during the lap.
    Overall a great fun race where I managed to spin with just 2 minutes to go :whistle: and being lapped by an LMDH when in VR is a joy to watch & hear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

This has been my complaint for all the other sims. The faster the car, the more of a mess it is was to drive. In AMS2, the cars feel and drive like race cars.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Damn those LMDH make for some close and engaging racing just like real life, and when the slower class start coming up and you are fighting for positions its just pure joy and stress. Ocasionally the AI get stuck a bit behind slower calsses, but I also get stuck sometimes so its like a lotery. But I can see how the AI improved that time I havent played.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

The link you gave me work almost perfectly . The only thing that doesn't work is the save slot after the cam set up via F11. Don't know why.

8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They are often stricter than F1 where to be in it's enough to have the last 1 mm of rubber on the white line and sometimes even the outer edge of the kerb was used

9. Calypso Dawson-Tobich

Calypso Dawson-Tobich New Member

I have the tilt camera function bound on my keyboard and every car I load into goes back to how I set it.

10. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried to have a more scientific approach in my test scenario now. Therefore for all sessions equal conditions and only 9 AI on the track to avoid too much traffic but having a couple of samples running. 2 test, 1 with running each 30min/session, 1 only simualting all sessions.

edit: Live-Track condition at the start of each session was strong/heavey not medium as in the xls.-file stated. Typo...

Wrap Up:
    - Simulation of sessions do produce a big variaty of times, quicker and slower. Perhaps everybody was aware beside of me :whistle:. Therefore I concentrate on test #1 where all sessions were regularly ticked down
    - 9/9 did their slowest fastest lap over the sessions in the race
    - 7/9 did their fastest lap over the sessions in qualifiying
    - 2/9 did their fastest lap over the sessions in practice
    - Fastest laps of Q-session 7/10 quicker than P-session and quicker than R-sessions (average of results due to the duels got influenced by them on track. Thus they should be normally a bit quicker too in the race but probably not quicker than in Q)
    - all in all: Could not confirm my former impression. The performance between P, Q and R seems plausible

upload_2024-1-1_22-5-51.png

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    • Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Creative x 1
  11. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The 992 GT3 R is a thing of beauty, I do not care if maybe it slides too much compared to its real world counterpart, or if it eats hamburgers upside down… it’s a lot of fun to drive and unlike its older cousin it does not destroy your ears anymore either.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

We are talkin' about the "seat angel up
    and down" keybindings
    right?
    These are NOT saveable from the beginning of AMS2!
    Seatposition for every car is saveable.That is all.
    Show me how you do it and if it work on my installation i spend you an ice.:D
    (Cause i'm in the beta from beginning and have opened a thread about this and other camera related functions.)

13. Deejot_976

Deejot_976 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I put all of this on a button box.All the camera settings in the car.In the menu under View - Camera - Motion you switch on the helmet camera. When you switch through, you can see which view you have, and you can then adjust the seat angle in the CP Camera. Hope I could help with that.

14. Calypso Dawson-Tobich

Calypso Dawson-Tobich New Member

yup talking about tilt, im not sure what but for each car i align the camera so the cars speedometer is aligned through the top of my wheel i change seat position and tilt to do this and once its set i dont have to redo it, even when going between different cars or loading into the sim at different times ect.

15. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

AMS 2 right now just feels more *alive* to me than other sims, I love it :)

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  16. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

When I'm with you baby
    I go out of my head
    And I just can't get enough

:D:D:D:whistle::rolleyes:

ss230856.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Timpreza

Timpreza New Member

Just did an amazing 2.4h LM race against the ai and noticed a few small issues:
    1: pitstops. If i remember correctly fuel and tires are not done simultaneously in reality. There's no use triplestinting your tires, as you can swap them for free during refills taking away a big strategic option.
    Also, there should be a rule that doesn't start the pitstop until you shut down the engine.
    2: AI is awesome, I had some proper battles, but the main issue is that Hypercars don't get around GT's as fluently as they should.

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

Just chiming in to say there are two tilt options. One is for seat tilting and the other is for view tilting.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. sdeups

sdeups Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know what the rules are but is it not possible to group the categories together on the starting line in multi categories? We find ourselves with LMDH at the back of the peloton much faster than the GT3 and this causes a lot of incidents

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza did a great job, the GT3s feel much better than the Gen 1s, some more than others. Le Mans looks amazing, the LMDh cars feel good too, steamDB numbers skyrocketed and on Race Department everybody is screaming “Simcade!”, they managed to please everyone. :)

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1