Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

View attachment 31320
    I was extremely confused when I went to the RD forums and saw their forums list:
    upload_2024-1-2_10-12-41.png

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Is it me or does the Porsche 963 kind of sound like a plane on trackside cameras? :D

3. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

Just finished 2 hours at Watkins Glen multiclass race with LMDhs and GT3s Gen 2, driving a BMW V8 Hybrid and I dont think I ever had this much fun in a racing game/sim before. What an update this is, cant wait for what 2024 will bring to AMS 2.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

But also set a new record 432 messages of mostly thin or hot air.
    Congratulations, old cheese rag:D
    Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 00-29-11 News.jpg

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just tested even though I don’t use angle up and down. Definitely saves. What it doesn’t do is return to angle default when you reset camera view.
    Test scenario: Uno Classic B, cockpit view, mapped keys to angle up and down, set absurd angle down, exited SIM and restarted. Absurd downward angle still present.

I did not test if this angle setting is global or per car.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 2
  6. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also finished a race. 12 laps in Le Mans. Man...what a chase it was. Two C9 pushed me in my 963 like hell and in the last two laps we had to manage ourselves through a bunch of backmarkers. Wherever the Mercedes have been hindered or got closer they flashed their headlights in front of everything, passed the GT cars and illuminated the night. What a crazy thriller that was. :eek::)

• Like Like x 6
  7. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Group C and LMDh multiclass can be interesting on Le Mans, depending on AI level, they mostly get away from you on the straights due to superior power, but as soon as things gets twisty they have some issues, only to get hassled again by them as soon as they can go straight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I was playing around with Group C and GT1 multi class yesterday.
    In the Group C Sauber, I cruised past a couple of GT1s on the Mulsanne straight only to get smoked by a Corvette GTP.
    Soo much fun.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Yes,but only Global and not for each car.IMO upper the seat or vice verca does the same,i don't notice a difference visualy.Bad is that it shows no values and can not be reset.I don't use it.But yes,youre right it saves.:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

My first time trying to flash the lights on a slower car didn't go so well. At Daytona I was in the BMW prototype coming around the front stretch. There was a Porsche 992 GT3 in the middle lane. I started flashing my lights several car lengths back and dropped to the bottom lane. But instead of the Gt3 either staying where it was or moving to the outside, it dropped down right in front of me. I barely missed it as I switched to the middle lane.

Are the slower cars supposed to react to us flashing the lights or just to the AI? Also we don't have a flash function, it's just off and on with headlights button?

• Like Like x 1
  11. _ShadowWolfe

_ShadowWolfe Member

Totally unrelated, is there a chance of getting the Betonschleife since it's already right there? Watching a friend in Discord take that layout on the Sudschleife and we had the thought of, "That has to be a layout." While it's not necessary, of course, it would be fun to have!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It’s covered in Renato’s page 1 release notes under Important Notes item 1.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I've been off AMS2 for ages now, but I've played enough over the last three years, to be honest, so I didn't jump for joy over the 1.5 update. The PC2 vibe never went away for me, so yeah, whatever, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7 it'll be a variation of the same theme. Not that I didn't like the feel obviously, but you know what I mean.

So, Le Mans. We've ALL been waiting for this one, but now that it's here, yeah. Another Le Mans layout. It's really great looking, but that's a given with Reiza, so yeah, fine. Whatever. RF2's is gorgeous too.

But the cars? Ah. Y'know I really hate all the sycophantic 'oooh Reiza you are so wonderful' guff that's spouted on here at the slightest opportunity, but holy sh*t, after months away, I cannot, CANNOT, CANNOT believe the transformation. All the vices, all the weirdness, all the PC2 vibes has gone. How? And Where? And how?? It's unbelievable. UBELIEVABLE I tell you :eek:.

God almighty Reiza. You took the most community-discredited sim engine known to Man and turned it into something genuinely, actually incredible.

I'm assuming the whole team has uncontrollable nervous ticks now though. Can't have been easy. :confused:

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I'm glad you like the game now.

My experience has been different - seeing Reiza work their arses off, delivering incremental improvements one by one.

So, the transformation of the game does not really surprise me. It's been an evolution across time, which is perfectly normal for a project like this.

Being part of the development 'journey' is certainly not for everyone. I just wish that more of those not willing to be part of it would wait until development is finished before they judge.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The grid groupings should be set correctly. I checked them a couple of days ago and LMDh should be grouped in front of GTs..

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This doesn't work in MP. I've done a few MP races now and if some LMDH's don't qualify then they go to the back of the whole field.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Please think of another major series outside of Europe that allows this.. Pit rules can only be set per vehicle and are not circuit dependant..

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

I judged at a thousand hours. Seemed like a reasonable point to make that call at the time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Eclipsed830

Eclipsed830 New Member

These cars and update are awesome... but 1 hour into my race, I go to pit... they swap tires and don't add gas.

WHHHHYYYYY????????????

I was on a pit strategy that included adding fuel, and I also checked that fuel was to be added right before I pit.

Why does this happen? It isn't the first time either.

20. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In a word; No.
    In more words; faster cars approaching you will flash for immersion value, you flashing lights at them won't do anything.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1