Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Starting a customer endurance championship over 8 rounds each 12 laps. Let's see how this turns out.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Check your game and race options. If "allow refuelling during race" is set to "no" then it won't add fuel at a pitstop.

3. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is precisely the sort of setting you'd think Race Presets would take care of, but no. :(

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

First round of my championship done. Interlagos...good place to start and I think I will never make the first corner properly :rolleyes:

While P and Q ran on a slightly wet surface but sunny conditions it rained during the race at night. Real weather action - just great stuff.

A weather forecast would be still fantastic though. If this is not too complicated to implement it would be a nice help to get roughly an idea what awaits you in the sessions or over the day like the teams have and can use in real life. Additionally to see how much sense it makes to work on a dry setup when e.g. on the raceday/racetime it should rain for sure.
    And since it's a forecast it would be nice if it is a forecast (with info as likelihood of rain...e.g.)

Just googled for something how this could (if possible of course) perhaps look like. Copied that from the BBC site Munich - BBC Weather

upload_2024-1-2_9-49-30.png ´

Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 4
  5. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure it does but can't check right now.

I'm hoping the touted UI improvements in one of the previous Dev blogs tidies up some of this. The fact that some options (like scaling) are in the top level options and not race options is the most annoying.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Kanseii1109

Kanseii1109 New Member

Bug report for Porsche 963.

Center mirror is linked to left side mirror when trying to adjust mirror angle. I.E. center adjustment does nothing and left side adjustment adjust both left side and center mirror. Also, resolution in the center mirror is awful, even with enhanced mirrors turned on. As someone that hates using a virtual mirror as it’s very immersion breaking, the resolution in the center mirror is so bad that it’s unusable and I’m forced to use the virtual mirror to race safely.

So far, this it the only issue I’ve found with the new update. So, well done Reiza!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Spinninggenius

Spinninggenius New Member

Had an issue in a race I did, 40 minutes at Le Mans and it rained after about 10 minutes. Everyone piles in to the pits. I request new tyres, about 60L of fuel to top me up, and to fix no damage. I end up being sat in the pits for ages whilst damage is being fixed, which ruined it unfortunately :(

8. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

:whistle:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. F2020

F2020 Member

This is a great idea and would help massively when planning out a race.

Yesterday i buggered up a 24 hour race due to risking it on a pit stop, then the weather changed and i lost loads of positions due to not knowing the forecast of the impending weather.

10. mister dog

mister dog Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried all 3 LMDh cars yesterday, they are nicely modeled and drive great! Physics are on point IMO, and FFB is very enjoyable. I clicked with them immediately and ended up driving them all night :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I was able to test the new cars a little more thoroughly.
    I'll first say that I came to AMS2 because I liked Project Cars 2, its features, its graphics and its atmosphere.
    I think the work Reiza does is incredible. Well done guys, you are constantly improving the game which for me is my favorite simulation as a Noob.
    Concerning the new cars, they drive well: the LMDHs are fantastic, what a pleasure!!!. The representation of the Le Mans circuit is the most beautiful in my eyes, the only downside is the night lighting which I find a little dull.
    Concerning the new GT3s, I find that the BMW and the Porsche have too lively a steering input. I feel the same way about the BMW GT4 so maybe cars are like that in reality. Fortunately for me, the Mclaren GT3 gen2 meets my expectations in terms of driving pleasure.
    Finally, I appreciate the testing period before each DLC, it allows you to get an idea. This will be a purchase for me as soon as it is available (especially if a 2023 season pass arrives because I have not yet purchased the Hitech formulas and circuits).
    If I can say a word about my future expectations regarding endurance : I would like to see the Peugeot LMDH and the Bahrain circuit arrive in AMS2.
    Well done again Reiza

Note: the driver's animation for changing gears when choosing an automatic gearbox is not set.

Edit: Do we have any idea if we will get the Acura DPI in the near future?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

I think the fuel delta on the Caddie LMDh display is a bit glitched when the fuel multiplier is set on x2 or above.

As I understand it, it should be giving me how much fuel I would need to the end of the race right? But I was racing at Imola with fuel x3 and it was giving me a mere 2.0 as delta, so I would need a 2L splash at the pit to end the race, but it wasn't the case by my calculations.

If my understanding of it is wrong please correct me

13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm glad AI has reach this level of maturity. Like I said, I'm happy that finally I'll be able to enjoy AMS2 offline experience if indeed the positive reports are matching my expectations.

That is not up to you to decide what is game breaking to me or not... Bit weird that you want to impose to me what I should consider game breaking, given that is of personal preferences.

I've no idea why GamerMuscle opinion is of any special relevance... I don't follow or watch his videos. The positive feedback I was referring to was from GPLaps and many random Youtube videos from people I"ve never heard of the platform algorithm was indicating to me on my initial page.

All in all, just chill buddy. You immediately jumped down my throat for making a simple question, which was nicely answered by a couple of users.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Richirichi

Richirichi Member

Happy New Year 2024. Like everyone else, I’m having an absolute blast with this awesome update/content; thanks Reiza However, noticed an issue with 3rd party mods; they no longer have any sound (Thunderflash mods & PC modding team). Original content is all good, which is kinda perplexing. I’ve encountered a similar issue on RF2, where you have to change the sound files when there’s an update, but never with AMS2. Is there a workaround guys, or do we have to wait for the modders to update their work? Many thanks

15. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

It's so beautiful. I have always liked this circuit as well as the Nürburgring. And now I can temporarily enjoy it. :D
    Automobilista 2 02_01_2024 9_06_30.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  16. Scuderia Condor

Scuderia Condor New Member

Same with me here. Like you said not a big thing but I hope they can bring the statists back

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. roemer7000

roemer7000 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So now that we have all that fantastic modern Le Mans stuff, what about these suggestions for the near future, maybe any time of 2024:
    Classic Track of Le Mans
    Porsche 936 Spyder
    Porsche 917K (short&long)
    Porsche 908 (short&long)
    Porsche 906
    Ferrari 512M or S
    Ferrari 333SP
    Ferrari 330P
    Ferrari 312P
    Ferrari 250 Le Mans
    Ferrari 1966 Dino
    Ford GT 40 MkIV
    Renault Alpine A442B
    Lola Mk 6 GT
    Lola T70
    Should be enough for this year...;):)

• Like Like x 9
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I am not certain about that specific car but I think on others with a similarly named display field it is the number of laps of fuel remaining at the current / average rate of fuel consumption.

19. DaveC187

DaveC187 Member

This game is fantastic. The journey and results from Reiza have been top quality and am really excited to see where this game goes in 2024.
    There are a few aspects of the game I would love to see changed or fixed:
    1. Please get rid of the "ghosting" or transparent cars. This is a simulation. Cars don't disappear in real life. I understand the reason(s) for having this option, but in my opinion, it crushes immersion when cars are driving through each other. If it were up to me, I would completely remove all of that from the game.
    2. The weird "shadow" bug that happens in Multiplayer, that shows the shadow of a vehicle on the track (stationary), but there is no vehicle there. This bug has been around since the beginning and would love to see it fixed. Again, another immersion breaker.
    3. I would like to have a "tow to garage" option similar to iRacing that players can choose if there car is critical damaged.
    4. Please remove the "reset car" option from Multiplayer (or from entire game). If someone flips their car, there should be an option to "tow to garage" rather than resetting in the middle of the track.

Congrats to Reize for another amazing update!

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

Besides the pitstop refueling option as others mentioned, I've had this happen when reusing a pit strategy created with another car. Was able to recreate the issue, and updating the fuel amount in the strategy did not work. Fix was to delete and recreate the strategy.

• Informative Informative x 2