Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

Thank you, I will have to take a look at it once more. I always assumed it was his 1980 car instead of the 1981 car.

The Brabham had a ground effect "cheat" designed by Gordon Murray to circumvent the new rule that banned skirts and mandated a gap of at least 6 centimetres between the bottom of the sidepod of any team’s car and the floor: "More significantly, Murray devised a hydropneumatic suspension system for the BT49C in which soft air springs supported the car at the regulation height for checks while stationary. At speed, where the ride height could not be measured, downforce compressed the air and the car settled to a much lower height, creating more downforce. Because the skirts now had to be fixed, the suspension had to be very stiff to allow them to consistently seal around the sides of the car: by the end of the 1981 season, total suspension movement was only 1.5 inches (38 mm), half of which came from the compression of the tyres." (from Wikipedia)

Eventually, many teams also adopted a way to "cheat" the new rule, leading to what was a rather chaotic and controversy-filled season. I was only 15 back then and I remember it as a fascinating season.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I say this every time and I'm just like a broken record, but cars drive much better IRL than in any racing game, really. This is the reference point, not Raceroom, not iRacing, not even almighty AC or rF2. Sure, it's a Hypercar and not LMDh but still, I wish I could brake that late in AMS2.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  3. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To 'calibrate' your AI setting, run a Barcelona qualifying session as someone already advised, but NOT private. Also, make the session long enough that they can get at least five laps in. Experiment with the AI level until you're at most equal with the fastest AI. Set them a point or three beyond where you can match them if you want more of a challenge. (I think each point in their setting makes about 0.3 seconds per lap difference with Stock Car 2023, as a rough guide to dialling it in more easily after the first attempt). For ultra fast / downforce heavy cars do the same but using F-Ultimate Gen2.

4. Demeisen

Demeisen Well-Known Member

Oh! I had a comment deleted! Is that my first? I guess humour doesn't travel after all. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

I loaded my wallet with 19.98 usd and waiting for the dlc to be purchaseable...

Soooo good.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Same here. I want the 992 GT3 R to be mine .... FOR GOOD !! :D

• Like Like x 3
  7. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There are some helpful pointers in this video, but none affect the level of grip in the tires. Some may affect the perception of grip. Some will affect the handling of the car.

My own experience tells me that the actual grip varies by car and of course not every single vehicle in the game is perfect or optimized, but most are close. We should focus on any vehicles where the grip can be demonstrated to be less than in real life. (Or, where behaviour over curbs, etc., is not as good as real life as disproven in the Le Mans pole video above).

The other factor that affects perception of grip is the major improvements to FFB we can all (hopefully) feel--these are done series by series and vehicle by vehicle. Like everything else in the game, there is some catch-up and WIP aspects to it, so not every single vehicle has been "massaged" to the full latest specs yet. Some adjustment to our "old" FFB settings may also be in order (whether using Default, Default+ or a custom file).

I think the overwhelming number of positive comments regarding the feel of the latest cars, especially from a bunch of people who have been away from the game for a while, confirms there is not a systemic issue with grip or perception of grip. But, we all have to configure the game to best suit our own senses/perception and continuously use real race cars as the base line comparison rather than other sims. A sim gets better and more accurate over time by comparing it to what is being simulated in real life, ahead of other simulations attempting to do the same thing.

• Like Like x 8
  9. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps you should change you track rubbering settings to "heavy rubbered" ?

10. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

Wait—are you guys still talking about, ahem, “private qualifying?”

11. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

In a lower category of motor racing, I watched a G40 Cup race at Oulton Park International, and noticed how the G40s simply barreled over the kerbs when entering the Britten’s chicane, and nothing happened. Did the same thing with the same car in AMS2, with the same degree of wild abandon, and nothing happened—except I exited the chicane faster than ever. Watching and learning was never easier.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Marc Collins

Nothing happened, but you don't have a sore back in the AMS 2 version ;)

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Member

Is there a full list of content expected in part 2 of the endurance DLC?

14. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

After a 3h race at Spa with the Cadillac LMDh , damn that was good , but i have somes question:
    Why somes cars do not have the fuel low alarm on the screen wheel ? , the Cadillac and the BMW do not have this for example ...

And i have a "request" : the curbs sounds are WAY too low , i can't hear them in GT3 and LMDh ; yes the sound is quite orgasmic for me , but this sound has a utility too , for racing "path" and race pace.
    Can i do something to increase the volume of the Kurb ?

Thanks and forgive my bad English.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

I would really love to have a mid-race save feature to do races longer than 1H

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  16. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You do if you have motion:)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Marc Collins

I would like to try a motion rig that has g-forces that high!

What is the strongest one out there in terms of forces?

18. Exorbit

Exorbit New Member

I think, the sore back was in reference to jumping the curb. Actuator rigs simulate that very well.

19. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have ProSimu actuators that will do 2Gs but I never turn them that high.
    @Marc Collins Are you near Orlando Florida?
    Once, I had a friend that drove Dirt rally, took a massive jump and landed badly. The forces were so strong, the headphones and his hat went flying off his head. Needless to say, he did slow down afterwards.

• Like Like x 3
  20. DinoM

DinoM Member

I would only add that if it is not feasible to remove the ghost or transparent cars, then there should be a way to turn off this function.

• Agree Agree x 1