What to do in the game?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Marcos Gil, Oct 15, 2023.

1. Lab Pong

Lab Pong OG Sim'er

This is not the right game for you then. It is a racing simulator. You are looking for something like GT7 or the like....ie an arcade type game with career mode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

You drive cars, basically. It's just a sandbox, where you can create your own races/sessions/championships with some online elements if you want to compete with real people.
    There's no 'game' as such, in the Gran Turismo & Forza sense, with a career mode, unlocks etc.

3. Marcos Gil

Marcos Gil Member AMS2 Club Member

4. Marcos Gil

5. Marcos Gil

This arcade and simulator argument tires me. I don't think you played AC1, ACC or PC2, these three “simulators” had great career modes.

6. mansell

mansell Active Member

"Will Automobilista 2 have a Career mode?

Yes, the endgame for Automobilista 2 is to deliver the most comprehensive and true-to-life career mode ever designed for a racing game, connecting the game´s incredibly vast and ever-growing ensemble of Cars and Tracks into a cohesive journey accross several decades of motorsports.This however should only be added to the game towards the second half of 2021."

Renato Simioni

Automobilista 2 FAQ

it seems to me that reiza wants AMS2 to be a "game" like F1 and/or gran turismo.
    i dont know if they can make a better career mode that those (or other "racing games") but thats what they are selling, mate.

i hope they will deliver, sometime...

7. Harry_Harras

Harry_Harras New Member

And to ad to that ... in the last Dev-Update Reanto used the word "groundbraking" to describe the career mode.
    So my guess is, that at least a completly lifeless version like on PC2 is not on the table. I am cautiously optimistic, that Reiza will deliver in deed a good experience with that, but I dont think you can exspect a life-simulator in a motorsport sense. I would be fine with a meaningfull progression system, linking series together in a sensible way, maybe a full race calendar over whatever amounts of seasons and a fairly consistent AI over the whole career. I guess the last point is in the works and looks promising. PC1 had simulated others series apart from the player ones - so maybe there can be smth on this front too ...

8. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

I think a PC2-style is the most likely scenario with a few flourishes here and there. I can’t see a Codemasters-style career, with motion captures, voice animated cut scenes etc.

9. mansell

mansell Active Member

i dont know man.
    i dont think PC2 career has something groundbraking in it (and most importantly, this kind of career would not need so many years of development and we would had it already).
    community have made career modes like this in months...

10. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

Pcars 2 career was poor in comparison to pcars. It any inspiration is drawn from pcars I hope to the simracing Lords that pcars 1 is that inspiration.

Project CARS 1 ( the original) had in my humble opinion a much better career mode, it was based around a calendar with multiple different events spread out of the course of a year. These varied and made the career feel like you were taking on the role as a professional race driver, you took part in your main discipline (lets use GT4 as an example) and was presented with Invitational events, other series and random one-off events.

I felt that SMS missed the mark when implementing the career in Project CARS 2 and it just felt like a stale bolt on which just felt like race to race and was uninspiring.