Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Round 6/8 of my custom championship is in the books. Monza is a place made for these protoypes. Really enjoyed it. 2 more to go, Daytona and last but not least Suzuka.
    After my championship I will also check the ai speed reference on Barcelona. Looks like I set it up a slightly to conservative for my cc.

BMW M Hybrid Monza.jpg

ss093712.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

It's something you can adjust mid championship though isn't it?

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Does anybody think that tyres on LMDh last too much? I'm running a x5 wear on tyres and at Daytona with the soft compound I could go for one hour without any issue

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Believe it or not but these Michelin tires all are made to last four stints or even more if extended.

• Informative Informative x 26
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. James Manning

James Manning Member AMS2 Club Member

Just want to say thank you for the hard work you have put into ams2. Last night I had the best experience in a race every, it had everything, multi class, full course yellow, strategy, pit stops, penalties. The dpi around le man's felt amazing, just a few clicks of pre load and it was brilliant.

Thanks Reiza, here's to a good 2024.
    But try to get some rest :)

• Like Like x 8
  6. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. tuari

tuari New Member

What worked really well for me was to set very low values for "vehicle reliability" in my custom AI file. I set the most reliable cars to about 0.7 and the worst cars to 0.1 (one or two even to 0.05). Most are in the 0.2-0.5 range. With this I have about half the field retiere.
    Unreliable cars still tend to pit a bit too often before they finaly retire, but overall I had good results in F-Retro Gen. 2 and 3 as well as in F-Classic Gen. 3-4. (Somehow in F-Classic Gen. 1 the cars tended to have lots of pit stops and not really retire)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Member

Bumping this, as this is essential info that I can't find anywhere - I may have missed it.

Thanks.

9. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You won't find it here, because this is the release thread which discusses changes from the previous release. However, in the Development Update, Reiza has shared some of their upcoming plans. From the first post in that thread:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure it could be deemed essential info. until its release is imminent, and in any case Reiza have never revealed pack contents in detail so far in advance. Quoting Renato in the recent Dev update:

"a second Endurance Pack is already being assembled r for 2024 to add more cars to both classes, but also new contenders to GTE, LMP2 & LMP3 classes; We can´t yet confirm which and how many there will be, but it´s fair to expect them to have a more Latin flavor to them."

Other than the "red hot" remark, this is as much as we know for now.

Edit: Ninja'd by Roar ;-)

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Member

I beg to differ. Would like to know what I'll be purchasing before I do when it's released (presumably tomorrow).

Thanks @Roar McRipHelmet, yours was the perfect response.

12. Mhad

Mhad Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The second pack won't be released for purchase tomorrow/this week. It's just part 1 which is the currently free content.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  13. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Thanks for the tip I will try that!

14. whokilledduncan

You have obviously misunderstood something somewhere along the lines... Endurance pack 2 (again as Roar says) is not due for imminent release. Le Mans and Endurance Pack 1 are the only imminent releases - maybe tomorrow, maybe not - and we already know their content in full. (And most of us have already been enjoying it under the free 'trial' period).

Endurance Pack 2 is a future DLC which per the Dev Update even Reiza don't necessarily know the exact content of yet. (This is why I suggested the detail as not essential - because we were discussing future content as opposed to the current / imminent releases).

You will know what you'll be purchasing in Enurance#2 before you do so.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  15. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Member

You're right. Thank you, I wasn't aware, thanks for correcting me. I thought wrongly that part 1 meant half of 1 single DLC.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I was hoping for some sort of season pass for the endurance content (similar to the Racin USA or the Premium Tracks) but doesn't look like that will happen and there'll be separate downloads (maybe they'll package them up when they're 'finished' in an area). Not to worry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. whokilledduncan

Check out this thread: Assessing Yearly Season Passes for AMS2 DLCs

• Like Like x 1
  18. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Currently running a single 5h Le Mans race againts the ai. Real date and time, 5x accelerated. I wanna figure out how the driver swap with the ai is going to work.
    First stint over after ca. 40min. Rain forced all drivers to go into the box. Now the ai has taken over and I want him to drive 2 stints. Let's see if he can save me in the rain :D:whistle:

What a crazy race it was with this freak weather this year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. The Walker

The Walker Active Member

Do AI drivers swap as well? Also does it cost additional time compared to a normal stop?

I might do races longer than 1H and leave some stints to the AI while I do something else in background. Even if it might look like cheating a little bit.:D

20. manfer

manfer Member

But AI doesn't know anything about this fact. after 10 minutes of AI steering, almost 20% of the tires were already worn out. I have no idea what the AI is doing there. btw: the AI still has enormous problems with lapping, so the AI loses too much time.