Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

The DLC links go to a Steamworks page rather than the public store, FYI :)

2. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

not happening for the same reason you won’t see severe chassis damage on cars like on beamng

the manufacturers do not like their cars suffering this level of damage in games

3. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm surprised that no one has piped up yet saying that the lack of marshals completely breaks immersion and makes the game unplayable.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

I think you'll probably find that kind of thing over at RaceDepartment.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. MrShroom

MrShroom New Member

Can anyone point me to the max visible opponents setting? I cannot seem to find it in the graphic or performance or gameplay settings...

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Just bought the LaSarte thing.
    Best version of this road track I have ever been driving on virtually.

But eventhough this is no complain then I didnt buy the 2x socalled Hypercars.
    Because at least after a short test out of these cars I think they feel even worse than a RL London double decker bus.
    They feel so heavy and resistant to brake and change direction that Im absolutely sure no RL racing car does feel that way.

ByTheWay: But on the other side then AMS2 does allready include trucks so...:whistle:

London Double decker bus.jpg

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
    • Disagree Disagree x 22
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Heads up folks:

There is a new launch command now that you can use to make the game running while not in focus.
    Right click on your Automobilista 2 (also works for Beta) application in your steam library and choose properties -> then enter this launch command to the launch command bar on the bottom under the general settings tab:

-doNotPauseOnFocusLoss

• Informative x 21
    • Useful x 10
    • Winner x 9
    • Like x 8
    • Friendly x 1
  8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

The IRL race drivers of the LMDh cars have had issues with braking AFAIK. I think it’s due to the thinner tyres and the brake-by-wire system

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In performance settings:
    20240106164025_1.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Agreed! Easily the best modern Le Mans I have seen and driven (virtually, that is). It just feels natural, and the flow between corners and straights just feels... right. Never felt this comfortable on that track before.

Wait, wait... Which hypercars are we talking about? The new LMDh "Hypercars" that were released with Le Mans? Or the road cars that include two hypercars and one supercar (iirc)?

If it's the former, then I understand where you're coming from. Truth be told I was and still am a little disappointed in the performance of the LMDh cars, because I was hoping for something to scratch that LMP1 itch. Y'know, an endurance prototype that just *feels* as insanely fast as an F1 car does. The cornering ability of the LMDh in particular feel so much slower than what I've seen on TV.

On the other hand, you have to keep in mind that LMP1 was discontinued for a reason. Running LMP1 cars for a season is roughly SIX TIMES as expensive as running LMDh cars, and LMHs are probably not that much more expensive than LMDhs. 30 vs 180 million per season, that's a huge difference. With that in mind I think the performance you get out of an LMDh is still rather impressive.

But if you are talking about the road cars, well... Haven't driven them lately, but I understand these are a source of discord for many people. Some love them, some hate them. And they're obviously quite different from road cars - although from what I remember the Brabham BT62 feels pretty damn close to a GT car.

11. The_Neo_One

The_Neo_One AMD Ryzen 5 5600X

Thanks, amazing content as always. I really appreciate the push of the final 23 and beginning of 24.

Unfortunately, there is a small bug now, where the races are ending one lap earlier.

Excepted that, I haven't noticed anything major.

Keep up the good work guys, and also take a break, you guys deserve it.

Cheers and happy racing!

12. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Should be ok with the generic formula cars and the copa classics though, which are the cars where an engine fire is probs most likely to occur anyways.

13. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

But LMP1 ís faster than LMDh... Maybe there'll be a Porsche 919 in a future Endurance Pack DLC :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Racinglegend1234

The Ferrari 499P qualifying time was 3:22.982 and the fastest LMP1 qualifying time was 3:17.297 so it’s a big difference in lap time

• Informative Informative x 4
  15. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Interns are the answer lol. The most useful intern projects at work have always been related to high-up fruit imho. If it doesn't work, no big deal as it doesn't mess with the roadmap but if it works...it might stick around for years.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nope, fastest qualy lap is from Kobayashi, 3:14.791 in 2017.

• Informative Informative x 2
  17. XTRMNTR2K

Sort of. But that's on a track as long as Le Mans. On shorter tracks, the absolute difference won't be as huge. And like I said, they cost a fraction to race compared to the old prototypes... So the upside is that going from LMP specs to hypercars brought such an influx of new manufacturers.

But yeah, I miss the LMP1 days when all of the "big three" were still competing for the top spots - even though I think that the non-factory team always got shafted by the rules. Anyway, sadly I don't see these three top dogs being added to AMS2 anytime soon considering we are still missing two out of the three manufacturers. Which is why I hope that modders will pick up the torch and convert them from PC2. Heck, at this point I would be happy with fictional LMP1s as long as they are designed according to the official rules!

18. Racinglegend1234

Well the Le Mans website lied to me then, but that just proves my point even more. The closest thing we can get to scratch the LMP1 car itch are F1 cars, which we already have

19. XTRMNTR2K

In terms of insane speed, yes. But I very much prefer closed-cockpit endurance prototypes, so no luck there. :(

• Like Like x 2
  20. XTRMNTR2K

I never said that I assumed anything different - I know how large the gap in performance is. But even so, the LMDh cars just feel surprisingly slow while cornering. I don't even mind the difference in braking performance so much, and acceleration and top speed aren't that bad, either.

EDIT: Goes without saying, but I would kill for a 919... and perhaps the Audi and Toyota as well.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1