Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Let’s check Sebring. The Ferrari did a 1:45.067 and the Toyota LMP1 car did a 1:40.318. Maybe not the record times, but it’s still a big gap

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The LMP1s were way faster with their 1,000 of hp when all applied and also much lighter. Toyota made a 3:14 in Q 2017, also in 2015 they were superquick....3:16 in Q from Porsche, quickest cars were the Audis in the race 3:17 (10s faster than Ferrari in 2023 with its fastest lap). True rockets.

I told it several times, and I don't get tired by it :cool:, but to get the last Gen of LMP1 ingame would be the definite treasure to me. I love those cars so much and got almost a heart attack when Audi stepped out of the series :(

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Racinglegend1234

Maybe we could also get the 919 tribute

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

Just a quick note for everyone who longs for a class between the Lmdh and GT3 at Le Mans:
    The P1 Gen 2 Class fits just right between these two and can act like a Lmp2/3 class.
    The only downside of these cars is the straightline speed, the Sigma P1 is only reaching 299kmh with active DRS.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

This, so much THIS. I loved it when I was watching racing footage of LMP1 cars rocketing past the GTEs in fast corners and often thought to myself "wait, is this on fast forward?". Then the 919 Tribute on the Nordschleife came along and the entire thing looked like it was on fast forward! That thing is crazy, and I loved that they decided to send the 919 off with a big bang.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

1.png
    :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

+1 makes 19:D

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. fireballr18

If we don't get any other than yes :D, but this car was not bound to any regulations. So I rather hope not ;)

2014 was a great year (Toyota and Porsche with 6MJ, Audi 2MJ differen hybridsystems) - all more or less on the equal level
    2015 - (Toyota and Porsche 8MJ, Audi 4MJ - all different hybridconcepts) - Porsche and Audi way quicker
    2016 - (all with batteries now, Toyota and Porsche 8MJ rwd, Audi on 6MJ with 4wd) - all competitive again. Audi over the season mostly the quickest, often suffered on shorter stints and yellow car phases. In Le Mans the package was not working great. The year in which Toyota had to stop at the Start and Finish line leading the race. Unbelievable dramatic scenes. Perhaps the perfect year (although the LMP1 were quicker the years before or after)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

Maybe it can kickstart the inclusion of a “hillclimb” class which is a good spot for these stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Shusty McNusty

Shusty McNusty New Member

so there is low beam and high beam working now. but there is no flasher, wich is an cycle between light of and high beam, or low beam and high beam, for maybe 5 times, right?

11. JustinCase

JustinCase Member

Not if you don't update ... :whistle::rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 6
  12. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I reply to myself here, just to let you know about my tests.
    The Dpi Class is a little too fast for a Lmp2 like class, but maybe it can be made slower with a custom AI file or by modding the class with some extra weight (if this is even possible?).

13. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Why not using LMP2 mod? It works well to fill that gap but I didn't compare with real lap times.

ps- I don't care too much for recreation of real races so I even throw mod GT3 with many other cars and liveries.

14. Turbo Granny

Turbo Granny Well-Known Member

All this talk that LMDh arent as fast as LMP1 and thats exactly what I like so much when driving the LMDh. Dont get me wrong, I love the LMP1 era, but I like cars with more maneageable brakes and turns speed, and in the straight lines the LMDh just haul and haul. Hypercar are made exactly to not be as expensive to develop as LMP1 became, they will never be as fast and to me thats ok.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

We need a flash key to warn AI about our presence ;)
    We also need high beams on replays.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

IIRC these also have some form of brake migration IRL, which I don't know if it's going to be/how it's been implemented. As with the F-Ult's, it's still a moderately simplified version a system which has a lot more parameters available in the real car.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Racinglegend1234

Let’s hope the correct MGUK features will also arrive with a correct Brake by wire system which includes brake migration. Would make them easier to drive

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. fireballr18

I finished my Customer Championship in the dark rainy Suzuka. Great fun.

One of my future projects will be (when LMP2 and maybe some more endurance relevant tracks are available) to simulate an IMSA or WEC calendar with all the available tracks and fill the gaps where something is missing with good replacements. Either the full race lenght each track or 1/2 the length. Due to the ai related driver swap these excellent kind of things can take place. Good times :):):)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Don't forget the lap at Spa with a extreme package. Faster than Lewis Hamilton F1's back then.

LMP1 is a treasure. For me it was Pescarolo Team ... I was a HARDCORE FAN to this team.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1