Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Yes, he is good! He has the gift of feeling it and getting to the point. In my opinion, yaw still needs to be improved in physics. Of course, this cannot simply be corrected with an update; I fear that this would have serious consequences for the tire physics. It's not for nothing that I removed the yaw in the FFB from the custom files a long time ago, as it leads to anomalies and even larger errors in driving behavior. We'll see what happens

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I noticed after an hour long race at Le man that my lmdh was filthy compared to the other ai , I had no off track excursions picking up extra dirt either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I definitely trust Reiza to not get too distracted with all the extra opinions that come with more popularity :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Respectfully I cannot agree that maximum visible vehicles is "useless". I did a bunch of tests with it just yesterday, and it definitely improves performance. Just how much of an improvement it makes may depend on our systems of course, but on mine it definitely makes a difference. That said, the bulk of the issue is (going by my tests as I'm sure yours also) caused by cars behind the player car, so I do agree that the functionality would be more useful, significantly even, if it were further refined towards that.

Also respectfully, I'd suggest it's rather harsh to say that Reiza are "totally ignoring" either this issue or VR sparks. They've literally just introduced the setting we're talking about in an attempt to help with this problem, and quickly adjusted it to bias towards cars ahead based on our feedback. It may not be solved yet, but the very fact they've added the setting at all clearly demonstrates that it is not being ignored. Whilst the recent work into sparks has been focused on flat screen, how exactly does that translate to "totally ignoring" them in VR? Just because we do not see a fix for something yet does not mean it is not being worked on or isn't even on the to-do list. Really none of us here know what Reiza are "ignoring" and what they aren't.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  5. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

These points are hard to Reiza. They use a third part game engine, and these points need some work how graphics engine core works. Sparks need to be real 3D rendered particles.

6. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

for my use case (VR) being able to set a hard limit on the number of cars behind is the ideal solution. If this is possible then that is ultimately what I believe the goal of this feature should. Anything above 4 rearward visible cars becomes a major performance hit on my system. And really I don't need to see any more than that. I spent a few hours specifically testing this today and to be honest there wasn't a huge difference between this and the previous patch in terms of performance gained and more often than not just as many rearward cars are visible as they were previously.

That said though, I do agree that no-one should have their pitchforks when it comes to this, the feature was implemented what a week ago? It's already received one update in that time frame, and it's clear that that update had taken into consideration the feedback given on the forums. Really just have to have a little patience and appreciate that we're actually seeing some movement on this.

Also I think having an option in the future to limit the number of cars display headlights, could be equally useful.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ernesto_171

Obviously it's improving performance - less cars rendered.

But is useless because the problem 99.999999% players have is cars behind with headlights on causing massive FPS drops.

Simple and no discussion about It.

• Disagree x 9
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

On my system all works like before if that helps.
    You should post your system specs for better help in your signatur:)

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Surely, you must understand that when you claim 99.999999% have this problem, there is indeed something to discuss? Because if we are to take your claim seriously, and the total number of AMS2 players are just in the thousands, there is not enough AMS2 players to give that statistic 8 digits of precision? That's mathematically impossible. So where are you pulling this number of 99.999999% from, and how does that number help your argument?
    (the argument being that Reiza needs to give the player exact control over number of cars rendered behind, instead of giving a general bias towards the front)

• Dislike x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  10. Ernesto_171

AMS2 runs in a 3060ti in VR flawless in day time. I doubt someone even in a potato have problems with cars rendered AHEAD WITHOUT HEADLIGHTS.

It's simple and everybody knows. If it's hard to do in engine, maybe is, but it's the biggest problem.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. MTZ

MTZ New Member

Thank you for yor reply, again what learned. Then i will start to have a closer look to my system!

12. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

GENERAL
    - Altered algorithm for max visible vehicles setting to bias towards vehicles ahead.

Literally today's update includes a tweak for the visibility, hardly being ignored is it ;)
    It worked very well for me this evening when racing at Le Mans, 12 visible no major issues, perfect at night. Just waiting for the cars limit to be increased now as 30 isn't near enough :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Hey I have brighter lights now :eek:

(also, didn't know where to post this, but the Mercedes GT3 gen.2 default setup at Donington is very tail-happy, just needs slight soften and higher diff :) )

14. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Regarding your last point, if you need to alt tab regularly, id recommend using borderless over fullscreen in the settings.
    Should help

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Thanks for the answer. That is great to hear. Is there a reason why Reiza has chosen such a curve? It seems so different to other sims. Does someone know how this is in real life for example in GT3 or so and how it is the same or different then AMS2 ? I think that is what is bothering me in AMS2 and what is a bit similar then project cars 2 and has bothered me the whole time. Not that it isn't changed for the better all these times but it feels like it isn't completely right yet. And then the sound which emphasizes it which makes it even worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. kingkoenig

kingkoenig Active Member

An IMSA championship would be great. And to simulate the 2023 season, we would need the great and fun Canadian Tire (a.k.a. Mosport) track. Here's a wonderful circuit that is overlooked by just about every developper out there. Please, Reiza? I'm sure the licensing isn't that expensive. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I can’t speak for Reiza but it comes across as trying to achieve reality to me while maintaining accessibility, because i know a lot of actual club racers that always say how much they can connect with ams2 because it matches expectations. and that’s my view too. having never sim raced until 2020 and trying all the well known sims , i was left wondering if this is it, and was largely dissatisfied with how poor everything was considering the capabilities of modern times . nothing felt like i was playing anything but a generic steer-brake-acceleration memory game based of repetitive learning rather than feeling involved with the car .
    Ams2 and even if a little bit unpredictable , pc1 and pc2 offered that . But Ams2 has taken it to another level and i’m never left guessing as to why i’m sliding or losing time or anything.

it all make sense even if in certain class etc it my be still a little off irl compared to hard data, it doesn’t matter as everyone has the same car to come to terms with and your not competing against a lap from Senna back in the day , you are competing against someone else sitting in a room playing broom broom cars ..

It’s ment to be challenging and fun at the same time … isn’t it ?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Thanks for the answer. Yeah to me I just like it to be real as possible even if it makes things very difficult. I don't know, there is something about AMS2 and PC2 had this far worse that makes it feel that the car is sliding (not all cars have this and sound and camera also play a big role). And I think the video explained why this is the case. I don't like to mention it because many seem content although many outside the community seem unconvinced (but are slowly turning around). But you also have a point because to me ACC has always been pretty boring.
    I just want to know if this is the intention of Reiza to make the sim easier for the general public or that they are slowly changing it.
    To me this is the last big sticking point and I am not sure if it is only yaw but also tire flex and lateral grip and such. But that can be the intention of Reiza to have a sim that is not as challenging. It is an interesting point to know.

19. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I think it’s plenty challenging to be honest , if you are competitive and search for every tenths then you will soon find it challenging to find the balance between under and over the limit.
    if it doesn’t seem as challenging as others then have you considered that they are exaggerating the difficulty or just don’t to a good job of communicating the situation before you lose control.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Rober

Rober Member

Not saying that Ams2 is perfect but a continuous model of the tyre patch is going to have more grip than a point system always (and if you lose it you will regain grip faster), and is more realistic by definition. Then you can use every model better or worse of course.
    But that we call simulators to those using a few points and more arcade to others using a continuous model is pretty ironic.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2