Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

How on earth does a "just not sure" mean I am a "know it all armchair physicist". This is the biggest problem with this forum. I have not even mentioned this stuff before but I see if you dare to, this is the sort of crap you get lumbered with. Go ahead, look at my post history. Immediately, you are placed in the troll category. Its a complete joke. I have never ever said any of those terms "not serious", "simcade". How about taking posts on merit instead of assuming you know what the person is saying and immediately dismissing what they say because you think they must be a troll!

Thanks for Renatos post but the rest of your personally insulting vitriol you can shove where it fits. I am equally sick of these sorts of responses.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    • Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I can do this is any car at any track ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. BazzaLB

This is a very key point you make actually. It all feels very believable up to the "limit" and beyond that.. well.. not many know I guess. I have yet to leave my Boxster rammed up against a fence so I can't speak of going beyond the limit. But its all worth discussion in my book.

I at least appreciate that you posted some thoughtful prose instead of the typical dismissives that some people resort to.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can look at my post history as well. I don't partake in these conversations. I gave you Renato's response to someone else's complaint and you immediately insinuate that I ignored Nil's video among other accusations like I was attacking you. I literally did not give my opinion. You're upset I clapped back because you had a snarky response for me when all I originally did was provide you Renato's thoughts on the peakiness/sliding discussion.

Analyze your own responses before you start attacking others and you might realize you might be more condescending and confrontational than you realize.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  5. BazzaLB

On reflection, you are right. My apologies. I let frustration get the better of me here. I had edited my post prior to seeing your response though, but thats on me.

• Friendly Friendly x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm honestly not looking to argue over this topic as I find watching paint dry to be a better use of time. I just thought seeing Renato's response might give you insight that yes they are aware the peakiness is on the forgiving side, but they prefer that over more harsher models out there, but that they were also looking to see if they could tighten it up more. He said we could share that, I thought it was a good time to share it so I did. I'm going back to not partaking in physics conversations :)

• Friendly Friendly x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Seb02

Seb02 Active Member

I didn't know there was only one way to play AMS2, your way.
    What arrogance!!!
    Maybe I have a disability that prevents me from doing otherwise?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because other sims "choose a curve" (AC, ACC, RR), while AMS2 has a physical model where you set the environment that later creates a curve to start with.
    As Renato thoroughly explain (and some real life drivers expressed too), historically sims have erred on the opposite side, making tires unrealistically peaky and this is what has informed the judgement of users for many years as "realistic".
    Reiza also noted that while there is still a little bit of a plateau on top of the grip curve it is nowhere so exaggerated as some people make and it is not in their plan to make it resemble the unnecessary "peaky" behavior of ACC/AC for instance or iracing even in the future.
    Reiza noted that AMS2 natural feeling of the tire behavior is generally better than the average RF2 tire and only few of the best models in RF2 have somewhat better behavior in their view, exactly for this little plateau that they are planning on looking at for v1.6.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Daniel Morad and Tommy Milner begged to differ publicly on stream. I believe they know something about GT3s...
    Morad refuses to play ACC so as not to pick up bad habits. And he stated it on stream.

• Agree x 3
    • Informative x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  10. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it's actually the first time I really put myself into sessions and used the current date (the day before yesterday, seems it takes 1-2 days to get real weather in).
    Considerably interesting how tracks look like in the winter and definitely another story when on track.

Norschleife these days...puuuuuh...-5°C track temp., bit wet but stable weather. Big mistake to get out on slicks as I was not able to get the tires near as warm over 2 laps. Then I gave up and parked the car. :whistle::D:rolleyes:

Imola 15°C....everything looks so pale and dull too but it works and you really have another experience.

And then I went over to Bathurst and have been hit by the summer with 45°C track temp. I'm really enjoyong this features more and more and it's another variable which makes AMS2 so diverse and worthy to play.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. jtortosen

jtortosen Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Many bugs on Multiplayer these days:

First, in the multiplayer lobby, the server list shows the class type of the server, but when you enter, a different class is set.
    Often, you join a server that is 90-95% full, with 2-4 free slots, but upon entering, the game displays an error message stating that the server is full.
    Frequently, you also encounter a server screen, but the button to join is never activated, even with many slots available.
    Sometimes, when you start a race, a synchronizing message appears, with the start grid devoid of multiplayer rival cars.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Again everyone has different pc specs running different settings, personally I see FPS gains by limiting cars and that includes the ones in front. It's not the exact same for everyone, please remember that.

13. MarcG

You said it's being "ignored" which it very clearly isn't Bazza, they're very clearly actively working on it and no doubt there's more tweaking to come. Remember, as above, not everyone's setup is the same, not every setting will work the same wonders for others. I'm just thankful that after asking for this feature - since release (so much more than a year) - that it is finally here and we're able to utilise it in some way.

Yes I agree there's more that can be done for different scenarios with this feature, but it is not being "ignored", we've waited this long so we may have to wait a little longer but beware not everyone will be happy, that's the nature of gaming.

Edit: if you want to talk about being ignored I'll meet you over on the MSFS forums :p

14. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is a real nuisance again and again, I really experience this every day and get really annoyed. Even after updating several times and entering the server that is not yet full, I still often get the error message that the server is full although it is obviously not.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. McClutch

McClutch Well-Known Member

While I not refuse to play AMS2, I have stated several times there is a danger to pick up bad habits. Goes for all Sims, the difference is that some make you more conservative while others suggesat you could get away with some "madness". All current racing sims have their point, but Ihave not yet found one that is "right". All the sims are approximations that can teach you bad habits. It's that way since MS Flight Simulator was used as a base for flight training.

In the case of AMS2 I have the presumption that the simulation gets a bit weird when a certain level of in torque and power (400 hp/nm) is exceeded and there is not enough downforce to mask it.

PS: The new high beam feature finally makes night time driving an option without tinkering with gamma settings. A very welcome addition.

• Like Like x 3
  16. BazzaLB

hehe, I just had a couple of posts deleted over there. One was just a picture of the "Indiana Jones warehouse" in response to them saying an item has been logged.. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MarcG

haha yeah I saw that before they flagged it, I'm actually banned for daring to ask why updates are released without proper testing procedures :rolleyes:their moderators are pathetic, so I created another account :whistle::D

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy New Member

I really hoped, that with the high beam option also a headlight flasher would be implemented in the game.
    Tried to use the Simhub plugin on high beam only, but it’s not working, when lights are off. So please implement a flasher, as this is used in real life motorsports and all other sims as well. Especially in multi class endurance races.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

If that was true for here, everyone would be banned

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. MarcG

The massive different here is Reiza/Renato wear their hearts on their sleeves and you know they work hard & fast on improving this title as they have done from the outset. MSFS is run by Microsoft with Asobo merely the paid developers who do what they're told by Microsoft with a lacklustre attention to fixing bugs they create, the forums are run by Microsoft employees who have no clue, I'll say no more as this is going well off topic :D

• Agree Agree x 2