Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. ren53

ren53 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Lemans 24H layout(happening in any track
    Car Used: LMDh cars and GT3 Gen 2(any car is ok
    Applicable Settings: Weather - real weather (other settings seems irrelevant)
    Report: AI car's behavior got more aggressive in multiplayer than single player mode.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive with other people with AI cars, do a single weekend.
    Especially in race it's better getting along side with them.

2. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Track & Layout Used: Imola (modern)
    Car Used: P4 Metalmoro
    Applicable Settings: Test Drive
    Report: Transmission sounds are *really* loud and clunky on Trackside replay, as though they are happening by the camera rather than coming from the car.
    Steps to reproduce: Drive, watch replay.

3. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

Track used - Monza and Spa
    Car Used - Porsche Lmdh
    Custom championship consisting of Lmdh and GT4 gen2

Report: I’m finding a problem with the point scoring when setting up a custom championship between lmdh and gt3 gen2. At the end of the race on the results screen I’ve had a 1st turn into a 7th and a 4th turn into an 11th.
    This is using the Prototype/GT 2023 race score and has happened at Spa and Monza.
    No penalty’s and the ai got shuffled about also so it’s not just affecting the player.

4. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track: Lemans
    Car Used: Any
    Applicable Settings: Track settings on Ultra, using VR
    Report: ALL "orange 3D persons/models" that are standing on the side of the road spawn without heads ! All of them, only when you get REALLY close to them (maybe 50 meters ?), the heads pop back onto their body. Every time I drive the track I constantly see heads popping on bodies, it's really akward to experience and it ruins the immersion of the amazing looking track (one of the best in the game/sim, especially since the z-fighting is fixed(great work, thanks!))
    Steps to reproduce: Drive on LeMans in VR. Very easy to spot.
    Ways to solve it:
    1. remove all the orange 3D persons until they are fixed
    2. let the orange 3D models/persons always spawn with heads
    3. replace them by 2D sprites, that will look way better than 3D models without heads
    4. set the level of detail settings for this object ~10 times further away, so that the heads spawn at 500 meters away instead of 50 meters

This is also on issue on many other tracks(especially historical tracks such as Jerez 1998).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
  5. ren53

ren53 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Any( or showroom
    Car Used: Nissan R390 GT1
    Applicable Settings: Go to showroom or change the setting between LD and normal package
    Report: While R390's normal package is 88's model, Low Downforce version is 87's model.

6. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I have re ran the races using Top 10 standard scoring and it’s ok , Seems to be when I use the Proto\GT 2023 it mixes up the positions

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Louis Marlowe

Louis Marlowe New Member

Track: Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans
    Cars: Any
    Applicable Settings: Max graphics settings

Performance (frame rate and frame pacing) is quite bad on the Mulsanne straight compared to v1.5.5.0 but, more specifically, a barrier on the inside exit of Mulsanne corner pops in far later than it should, and pops out far earlier. Same thing happens in the virtual rear-view mirror.

8. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

latest release candidate: random controller disconnects during multi-player and single player sessions ,and yes i have deleted my documents folder
    This only happens on ams2 not in rf2 acc ect so its not my system and multiplayer too many bugs

9. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Track & Layout Used: tested at Azure, Adelaide
    Car Used: Mitsubishi Lancer RS
    Applicable Settings: watching replay
    Report: only the Chase and Trackside cameras have sound from the car. The others do not. (I was in time trial).

10. NikitaOnline17

NikitaOnline17 New Member

Have had some combinations of similar issues recently, so I'll include two but they both are about TC/ABS being incorrectly available/unavailable sometimes

Track & Layout Used
    : Laguna Seca
    Car Used: 992 GT3
    Applicable Settings: Time trial
    Report: I use "authentic" driver assists but had ABS bugged to be forced off. I could turn it back on by setting my assists to full. Have had this happen a couple times in time trials.

Track & Layout Used: Oulton Park Fosters
    Car Used: JCW Mini
    Applicable Settings: Full race weekend but I noticed first in practice
    Report: Again using authentic assists, TC was available to adjust for me. A couple other drivers said they had the same bug but they couldn't feel if it was actually working if they raised it, but afaik it shouldn't be available.

• Like Like x 1
  11. JavierZumaeta

JavierZumaeta Active Member

Player is forced to repair damage even if you choose No damage repair in pit strategy menu, or even the ICM during the race

Track: Spa 1993
    Car Used: Merc GT1
    Applicable Settings: Track settings on generally Medium, using VR
    Report: Are we all familiar with the old Repair pitstop bug? It's an old legacy engine bug going back to pc1 and pc2, similar to the shadows bug. Even if you choose no Repairs in the ICM menu, if the game decides you're gonna sit in your pitbox for 2 minutes to repair non-existent damage, that's what gonna happen.

It seemed to have been squashed earlier in AMS2's life but since the last couple of builds (which are amazing, btw) it's been happening quite often. This is the latest instance.

Steps to reproduce: So far I haven't determined the cause.
    Ways to solve it: I thought by choosing a user-created pit strategy with "no" chosen for repairs you could mitigate it but it happened again even when chosen. I'm gonna use the "custom" for repairs only going forward to see if it happens again.

12. Full Pace

Full Pace Full Pace Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Assigning Buttons from the same controller to Low Beam and High Beam breaks them and only high beam on/off works.
    Assigning from different controllers makes both work as intended.

13. GabDeto

GabDeto New Member AMS2 Club Member

Virginia International Raceway Grand (USA), north loop, in time trial you pick time invalidate every time when north loop reconjuntion with the "long layout"

Track:Virginia International Raceway Grand, north loop
    Car Used: P4
    Applicable Settings: Time trials,Track settings on generally Medium, north loop
    Report: Every time the north loop rejoins the classic layout (end of the climb just after the right elbow curve), it signals track limit - even when staying in the center of the track, thus making it impossible to complete a 'clean' lap, probably because the track limit at that point hasn't been set for the north loop layout.

Steps to reproduce:time trial north loop
    Ways to solve it: check track limits

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChrisOuellet

ChrisOuellet New Member AMS2 Club Member

Pitstop bugs
    Track and car: Any
    Applicable settings: Pit stop refueling allowed
    Report: Regarding the pitstop bugs reported most recently by David Gossett, post #1868 in the latest Beta thread, I think I have an idea as to what causes it. The vocabulary used is surely wrong and it is based on things I've read or think I've read before, but please bear with me :)
    I think the "corrupted pit strategy" occurs when a change is made to what I'll call the "baseline" of a car's setup, and/or pit strategy, and that strategy is being loaded into a newer version of the game where this "baseline" is obsolete.
    Cause the way I see it, overwriting a pit strategy is just like overwriting a car setup. You're just putting new values over a baseline (afaik), from whatever build #. That is the reason why we were asked to not only "reset to defaults" our setups, but eventually deleting the whole folder. To make sure we wouldn't ever load these obsolete setups again.
    I think the same is happening with the pit strategies. When creating a new strategy, again afaik, we're "pulling" a baseline and values from the car's setup, to populate the new pit strategy. So if at some time that baseline becomes obsolete, that could render the pit strat obsolete as well. All you'd be doing when overwriting that strategy is putting new values on a wrong baseline.
    That may be why some have troubles and others don't. If I got this right, even if 2 users created their strategy under the exact same build, if they created it by "pulling" the Default from a different car, one baseline might have become obsolete in a subsequent build, while the other didn't because the car didn't change for a year.
    Ways to solve it: If any of what I wrote makes sense, I think forcing a delete of the pit strategies every time we force delete the setups might solve the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Enthony

Enthony from Far East

Track:Suzuka Kansai and etc.
    Car Used: Mini Morris 1965 etc.
    Report:
    just look at the picture, its shocking for sim. Also happens to some other cars and tracks (as McLaren F1 GTR wheel go through the arch on load).

Also had ground falling on GT3 and V8 cars on Brands Hatch, so it's not a single bug

Dear Reiza, please fix it. You are the best !
    ss002328_copy.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

AI still does not pit when car has broken parts.

In replays, I saw AI driving until the end without wings in formula 1 cars (with damage activated in game settings). :(

17. pr07

pr07 Member

Track: Cleveland, maybe happens elsewhere.
    Car Used: Cadillac DPi, maybe happens with other cars.
    Applicable Settings: 1h race with 3x acceleration on tire and fuel wear, refueling on pitstops. allowed, pit stop strategy like this: 76L of fuel (full tank), no tyres, no damage.
    Report: I came in for my first pitstop of the race, but as soon as I stopped on my pit box, the pit crew did nothing, and instantly let me out back on track, without refueling. This was the first time it ever happened to me, and it never happened again since.

18. manfer

manfer Member

Same with some f1 Cars at Spa

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Car Used: any with windscreen
    Applicable Settings: rain/cockpit view
    Report: Rain effects in windscreen at night not visible.

20. formulafan1994

formulafan1994 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Imola Historic 1988
    Car Used: Mclaren mp4/4
    Applicable Settings: Weather - clear, sunny, time trial
    Report: car setups changing randomly back to the previous setup i've changed from
    Steps to reproduce: Drive the mclaren mp4/4 for an couple of laps, do an setup change then look at it again.