1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track: LeMans
    Car: VSR LMDh
    Bug #1:
    Still getting the "missing driver/red polygon" bug in a recent MP session.

Bug #2: Lobby doesn't go to ending splash screen in MP. Stats don't count win, fastest lap, or podium, but does count start. Not limited to just LeMans, but has happened there a few times.

Bug #3:
    Severe FPS drop when using the "pause screen/UI" post race in MP. Going from 90fps to 5-10fps.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rölz

Rölz New Member

Version: 1.5.5.0
    Track: Any track
    Car: Any Car
    Report: Since the Le Mans update the new rain effect looks weird on the car windows. All graphic settings are on Ultra quality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

AI run out of fuel when duration type is set to time.

Track & Layout Used
    : any
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: Single Race - Duration Type:Time
    Report: AI struggles to have enough fuel when the duration type of a race is set to time. They don't when the race is set to laps instead. I did a couple longer races (2.4 hours of Le Mans for example) and at the end, around 5-10 AI out of 25 got DQF. On the last lap, some cars ran out of fuel. When I set the duration type to laps, there is no problem even if the race lasts around 2.4 hours as well. It seems like the AI calculates fuel only until the time is up and doesn't take the last lap AFTER the time is up into account.
    Steps to reproduce: Set up a single race with duration time set to time. Make it a long race, so multiple pit stops are necessary (you can also increase fuel usage).

4. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

Track & Layout Used: Bugatti course
    Applicable Settings: non
    Type:test session

On the Bugatti course I think we need cones or something to indicate the turn off for turn 3 so we don't veer off into the full course of Le Mans.

Also, the roads back there seem more like vintage road textures then typical non rendered textures. Is this something we may be looking forward to for the vintage version of the track. Here is my post on the fan page:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe it was mentioned before but there is something strange:
    BMW M4 GT3 Gen2
    BMW_M4GT3G2.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. robillard3381

robillard3381 Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, I just realized that there was an unintentional space after the PITSPEEDLIMIT entry in the display file, making it non-functional. I'm changing that right now

• Like Like x 2
  7. Eduardo Santis Torres

Eduardo Santis Torres Member

A question to the developers, why did they eliminate the pilot animations in automatic mode? I mean the gear shift.:(

8. Eclipsed830

Eclipsed830 New Member

Track: All
    Car: All LMDh
    Bug:
    The lap counter in the wheel/dashboard is stuck at 0, no matter how many laps I do, and no matter the session type. It was like this during the demo time, and after purchasing the DLC from Steam (along with a 30meg download).

9. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

On a time based race right? Works fine here in a lap based race. (Cadillac at Cascavel).

10. Eclipsed830

Eclipsed830 New Member

Ah, I haven't tried a lap-based race I guess. Doesn't work on timed or qualifying for a timed race for me.

11. Czondi Levente

Czondi Levente New Member

Hi I like to report a bug on the new McLaren 720SGT3 Evo car from the inside cockpit view the animation is not there like in other cars like the new BMW M4 GT3 or Porsche The red thing on the left is not moving with the car like on the other cars i try to make photo to have a clue about what I am talking about

12. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

Track:
    All
    Car:
    Brabham BT52
    Bug:
    The boost guage is non-operational - pretty sure the other guage (temp) is not working too. Would be great to have both boost guage and in-car boost adjustment for this and all the 80s turbo F1s.
    ss2``bt52.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Semirron

Semirron New Member

Was able to narrow this down a bit more. This issue only occurs when manual pitstops are set to "yes".

14. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Version: 1.5.5.0
    Track & Layout Used
    : All
    Car Used: All
    Applicable Settings: Pico4 headset, Performance: Window mode: Full screen
    Report: I see the images twice (see photo). However, I only see the image once on the monitor.
    Steps to reproduce: Take off the headset and wait until it goes into sleepmode (it stops producing images in SteamVR). Wake up the headset.
    EDIT: It seems a problem under Virtual Desktop. Using the Streaming Assistent I don't have this problem (anymore).

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
  15. twistking

twistking Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: Multi-class (GTE, GT3-1, GT3-2)
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer, hosted with dedicated server tool
    Report: Settings were "ABS ON" and "Force realistic driving aids ON". The host was driving a GTE (so no ABS), but all other players also did not have ABS in GT3. I assume the server forced what was realistic for the host, to all players.

16. twistking

twistking Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: All
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer
    Report: Every few minutes i get one or multiple (in succession) very short freezes (maybe a tenth of a second or so. not great, very notable, but generally playable still). I thought it would be just an issue with my old pc, but now i learned that other players in a MP session get the same freezes at the same time as i do. Those other players, have very beefy, modern computers. The freezes occured when i was hosting and when others were hosting. Either there is some problem int he code, that triggers for all at the same time, or the freezes "propagate" over network, meaning one clients sim freezing causes other clients sim to freeze. Both situation are equally problematic.
    Additional info: I'm running non-AVX binaries, my buddies are running AVX binaries.
    *edit* Further additional info: Driver rating system turned ON!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
  17. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Was the ams2 rating system turned on? Because thats known to cause stuttering issues, we used to get that a lot in our league races, after turning the rating system off, we never had that issue anymore

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Carson

Carson New Member

Track & Layout Used
    : any
    Car Used: any with rear cam screen
    Applicable Settings: VR mode
    Report: iv notice that rear cam image is moving on the dashboard screen along with head movement. Its not supposed to be like that imo

19. herakles

herakles Member

Track & Layout Used: WWT Raceway Oval
    Car Used: Formula USA Gen 1
    Applicable Settings: Time Trial
    Report: Setups with a "steering wheel" as icon cannot be downloaded, while a setup with a "game controller" can be downloaded.
    Steps to reproduce: Choose ghost drivers and go to track. Move mouse to place where buttons for setup downloads is located - nothing shows up, no setups avaiable. But if I choose a setup of a driver with a "gamepad" or whatever that symbol is, I can download it.
    I am using a steering wheel myself.

Attached Files:

20. herakles

herakles Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer
    Report: Sometimes it is not possible to join a race, although the field is not yet filled with drivers. This sate lasts forever and won't resolve even on rejoining.
    Steps to reproduce: Go to Multiplayer and join races. At least once during 2 hours, this happens to me. So it should be easy to reproduce.

Attached Files: