Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

I’m finding a problem with the point scoring when setting up a custom championship between lmdh and gt3 gen2. I’ve had a 1st turn into a 7th and a 4th turn into an 11th.
    This is using the Prototype/GT 2023 race score and has happened at Spa and Monza.
    No penalty’s and the ai got shuffled about also

2. Fersy

Fersy New Member

How can I use ERS, if I set it to Qualy then the blue symbol on the right goes to 4 arrows but it doesn't degrade a bit, no matter how many laps I drive... That can't be right?

3. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

If it’s in TT, then it’s right

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. RDG

RDG Active Member

He also mentioned that the braking was very good in iRacing, but he was not so positive about the rest of the driving parts. The last part gets ignored by iRacers though, all they heard was 'very good' and that is now Morad's official opinion on GT3 cars in iRacing it seems.

I really wish we can outlaw these useless tribal wars between the sims. The competition is very good, it makes all the sims better and it can be useful to compare certain aspects of a sim to others to see where it can improve, but the tribalism really serves no purpose.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Fersy

Fersy New Member

oh thanks, i was in tt mode...

6. ray64040

ray64040 Member AMS2 Club Member

This comment caught my eye as I'd been wondering after watching Nils video if I'm reacting to yaw as loss of rear grip. Are the Default and Default+ profiles accessible where you could use them as custom FFB with the yaw effect disabled?

7. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Hi Daniel. I do think the yaw measurment is correct (and I use it in my custom file) but the problem here, in my oppinion, is the cars rotate ok until a given point (let's say for argument's sake, 30-40º) and then 'something' acts not to let the car rotating any more than that - it's way harder (compared to other sims and even my real life experience) to spin a car in AMS2.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Joaquim Pereira

I can, most of the times, get away by running AMS2 again (without ever closing it) - it will comes back to life a few seconds later.

• Like Like x 1
  9. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thoroughly enjoyed my racing this weekend, 90 minutes at Le Mans, 30 minutes at Monza and Hockenheim plus a few other shorter races at other tracks. Running the LMDh and GT4 whilst I was in the GTE, looking forward to a few more GTE skins to be made to make it that little bit more real.

Of course it's not perfect, I'd very much welcome a Mid Race Save feature as mentioned elsewhere for those longer races, Le Mans of course needs more cars filling the grid as the track can get very empty with only 30 cars.

However the future as ever is bright with Reiza, the start to their endurance endeavours is very good indeed with plenty of potential.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Hello Joaquim!
    I don't see any problems shooting a car in Ams2. But I see a problem getting a car to the absolute crack and beyond at higher speeds in Ams2. This means that at some point it would have to understeer or oversteer depending on the situation. But it doesn't, you can turn your wheel and turn and turn but there won't be a total loss of grip. The yaw increases this effect and my feeling tells me that the cars are yawing too much or yaw incorrectly and are constantly fighting with the tire physics. I can't say whether this is intentional or not, but it's still fun to drive. It doesn't really matter whether this curve that Nils showed runs differently, every Sim behaves differently. I think everything is immediately overrated when something is different. As you know, I will only change files for myself personally - there is less stress. When it comes to physics and FFB, there will never be the same opinions and results because every user has different ideas about a simulation. I like Ams2 with the many positive aspects and also with the less good ones - that's the main thing for me:)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

During the free trial period I ran LMDh at Le Mans in an 8 lap race and never saw the SOC graph go down. Now I can't make it past lap 2 without it almost all being gone. I haven't let it run all the way down to see what happens. I guess your just on the ICE after that for the rest of the race?

Is there something that has been turned on to default that I can't find? I want to turn off usage and have it full power for the entire race if that's possible.

12. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

God, can I just say it's like deja vu in these forums? Every week there's a new debacle about the physics and how "This driver and that guy says X simulator is better than Y", don't you guys honestly get tired of these discussions? We've had dedicated threads for physics feedback that went on extensively in 2023 and Reiza has said over and over that they're still working on it, and the beta forum opened again recently so everyone who's interested can participate in giving feedback directly to the devs as things are developed. So why must EVERY THREAD in this forum turn into a physics discussion? It's just so tiring to see the same regurgitated bullet points about why Automobilista, ACC, AC, RF2 or iRacing are either "the best sim ever made" or "just completely wrong in every way", can't we all just agree each game has positives and negatives and stop badmouthing every other game in the process?

It's so frustrating to try and keep up with what's happening, even outside of these forums every time I see an Automobilista 2 thread somewhere it's just the same people arguing about the physics and how "X sim does it better than Y because this one racing guy said so", just pages and pages of noise that derail every conversation into a PhD quantum mechanics level discussion about how a spring in a 1993 Ford Fiesta behaves more accurately in RF2 than in AMS2 because 2007 ex-GT3 driver Jumbo McGumbo said on his livestream for his 5 viewers or something, I honestly at this point think you guys spend more time arguing about physics than driving lol

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    • Agree x 22
    • Winner x 8
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  13. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can map a button to change ERS modes. When your SOC is zero just switch to 'Build' mode and it'll recharge your battery in every braking zone. 'Qualy' drains your battery in one lap, 'Balanced' will keep your SOC more or less on the same level through the lap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Joaquim Pereira

I see all sims offering visible driving line, brake and steering assist, ESP and ABS and TC for cars missing them in real life...
    I wonder if a sim can't be both hard/realistic (not harder than reality) and easy to drive, depending on a setting (like causual/pro).
    I'd like to see AMS2 more aware of enertia (both translational and rotational), including when crashing (there are some obvious bugs here).

Overall, every single update gets it closer and closer to what I consider 'correct' from real life experience. That's what matter the most, that's why it's presently my main sim.

15. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Addendum: Build mode still drains the battery, but ERS deployment is very little so overall more energy is being recharged than is being used. However, the fastest way to get the battery fully recharged again is turning ERS off. It'll still recharge without deploying any energy whatsoever.

A little counter-intuitive IMHO, because "off" makes it sound like it's not being used at all (so no recharging, either), but that's apparently how it works.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

I used the "ERS Increase" button but that only gives me the option of Qualify or Auto so I put it at Auto. It still ran the battery down but it was recharging in the braking zones which I guess is the same as Build.

The way the race played out was the SOC went down into the single digits down the Mulsanne after the 2nd lap but it would then recharge back into the 20's by the time I got to Arnage. It seemed to repeat that cycle for the next few laps. It also seemed the battery was being used more if I was in a fight. Because once I got into the lead very late in the race by about 5 or 6 seconds, the battery had recharged up over 50. Maybe it was harvesting more than it was deploying at the end?

Of course on shorter tracks I would assume the battery won't be dropping down that low as the recharging should be more often.

So I guess I might try and just leave it at default the next time and see what it does.

17. Odd Socks

Odd Socks Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In auto, the ERS switches between modes to try and give you the best performance while keeping some battery charge. So it will switch to attack mode if you're close behind someone or just in front. Otherwise, if you have a fairly charged battery, it will use balanced or build if the battery is low.

When shifting out of auto mode, it cycles from which ever mode auto had you in at the time, so if auto had you in balanced mode, and you press the cycle up button you will find yourself in attack mode but if you were in build mode it will shift to balanced.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you have one ERS button mapped you have to press rather quickly to cycle through all the options. If you assign an increase and decrease it goes auto, attack, qualify. If you decrease from there it goes qualify, attack, balanced, build, off, auto I believe.

19. Jezza819

Jezza819 Member

But the only two modes I had were Auto and Qualify. Is build classified as ERS Decrease? Because I didn't map that button.

20. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

You got me redhanded.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2