The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. FaanBE

FaanBE Member

Hmm, in F1, AFAIK, there's a difference between overtake (similar to turbo/ptp) that engages the full potential of the battery; and the DRS, which opens the drag wing at the tail. And you need them both.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Exactly. Some cars (like the Formula Reiza) need to have both buttons mapped.

Theoretically a combined single-press (DRS) and push-to-activate (KERS/P2P) function using the same key could work, though, similar to what I have proposed for the Low Beam/High Beam/Flasher function.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A suggestion for race rule presets:

Blue Flag Behaviour in single and multi-class: state whether the slower (or about to be lapped) car is expected to move over under blue flag conditions or whether it should stay on the racing line. This should lessen player frustration or misunderstanding with the AI in F1, GT3 races, etc., where the rules may differ.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. twistking

twistking Member

I see. Thanks for the info.
    The thing is, the very fast open wheelers are not my cup of tea, and i'll surely never drive them properly (apart from trying and toying around a bit).
    Currently i'm thinking to just not bind the DRS key, since DRS is mostly found on the fast open wheelers, right?

5. twistking

twistking Member

Good idea!

6. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Most of the P1 prototypes (MetalMoro AJR) have DRS as well (and it can - and should - be used at will).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Villewook

Villewook New Member

New to the game and love it so much. Especially offline. Would be cool to have the Nascar points structure with playoffs for offline Championship. And a constructors championship would be a neat feature as well.

• Like Like x 2
  8. twistking

twistking Member

Hello,
    this is not so much a feature request, but an (visual) overhaul request for some of the "legacy" content.

Automobilista 2 has some very unique and cool content, which - i assume - was carried over from the first game. For me "Brasilia" (Autódromo Internacional Nelson Piquet) and "Ibarra" (Autódromo Internacional José Tobar) are two of the most interesting racetracks in all of simracing. However with all the new DLC content released, it is getting more and more obvious that the legacy content (not only tracks, but also many cars) are just not on the same level visually.
    Brasilia and Ibarra hold up somewhat, because they are in such breathtaking locations, but the age still shows and Brasilia (like many of the Brazilian "stadium-type" tracks) suffers from a lack of trackside detail - giving less sense of speed and sometimes making orientation on the track and finding brake points more difficult.

It would be great if some of the legacy content could be overhauled a bit. It's a shame that those otherwise brilliant tracks (and cars) are getting overshadowed by the newer additions.
    I would happily buy a "legacy track pack overhaul" DLC, but i understand that it's probably not a viable option, because it would be difficult to sell without angering parts of the community.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. twistking

twistking Member

Same car, different custom classes and REIZA custom BoP
    *alternatively: user definable custom classes*

Hello,
    i want to propose a system where a specific car can be part of multiple classes, while having very simple BoP applied depending on class. The result that this could hopefully archieve, would be to have more additional classes available that would have more cars in them, that would still be competitive.
    For example: The game would retain all the "pure" classes for sportscar racing, but would add 3 custom Reiza classes, f.e. "Reiza Sport 1" could have GT4, GroupC and similar cars, in a single class with simple BoP applied. BoP would be very simple like added weight, restricted power or limited tire selection. Of course BoP would be visible in car selection. Keeping BoP simple would mean the community could give feedback and BoP could be easily adjusted and tuned over time (of course custom BoP would only apply to these proposed custom classes and BoP for the original classes would be untouched).

This system would have these advantages:
    - Bigger car selection and more opportunities for players to drive cars that are less popular in multiplayer, while the strict classes keep being available for very competitive play, or when a highly realistic grid is desired.
    - Themed classes, like "European sportscars only" or all kinds of historical classes. Historical classes (with BoP) could help with historical races, where it's not possible to get a diverse field with current car selection.
    - Possibility of extremely open "trackday type" sessions in SP or MP, with custom classes that are only very roughly BoP'ed, but with the ability to exclude f.e. open wheelers or cars without lights. For when it's not about competitive racing, but more about a casual evening on the Norschleife.

*edit* If this is deemed to complicated, maybe simply allow players to create a set of custom classes. This could maybe even be something simple as a config file in the user folder, which would hold the car list for said custom class. This can probably be archieved with modding already, but official support would allow easy MP and would make it simpler generally.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Like the other guy, I'm trying to find a way to combine buttons and bind fewer buttons.

Right now, if you bind an "Increase ERS" button, it cycles through the 4 ERS states: Off, Build, Attack, and Qualify. If you press the Increase ERS button when the ERS is set to Qualify, it cycles back around to Off.

The "Increase Fuel Mixture" button, on the other hand, will not cycle back around. If you're at the maximum setting, pressing the Increase Fuel Mixture button will do nothing.

Any chance you guys can change the Increase Fuel Mixture button, and any other settings that could cycle back around, so that they cycle back around like the Increase ERS button does?

• Like Like x 1
  11. BRIAN ROGERS

BRIAN ROGERS Member AMS2 Club Member

Couple features I feel will make huge strides in this game:
    1. Test Day; allow "Edit Setup" to be accessed while out on the track. This would be great to have the ability to make mechanical changes on the fly, this will save tons of time and help getting setup dialed in.
    2. Be able to Remove/Add the Wheel/Hands animation while in sessions. This will help when in online lobbies where your changing cars and can stay in the lobby.
    3. Livery editor/paint booth. ACC has a nice "simple" editor that I feel would be perfect. If sponsorships are an issue, then just allowing to change paint colors and numbers would suffice. This would take this game to another level too me, there is so much more pride when driving a car you've designed. Much more immersive in my opinion.
    4. When exit a Multiplayer lobby, it takes you all the way back to the main UI screen, then you have to click back into the Multiplayer section to look for another lobby. I feel it should take you back to the "BROWSE ONLINE" area so you can find another lobby. Then if you want out click BACK.
    5. Replays, add button to skip laps or to skip to end. For example, If you have a 10 lap race it takes far too long to fast-forward to the end to view last lap incidents.
    6. Fix the VOTE TO KICK" system. The host of a lobby should be able to kick a person causing issues, either crashing, vulgarity, etc. PC2 when it first came out had this ability but they turned it off and some sort of percentage of lobby members had to Vote, but let hosts do this with a click will help clean up the game from intentional crashers.
    7. PC2 has a "RACE ENGINEER" section in the car tuning area. I think this would be great to add in as I hear from many people online, they have no idea how to tune a car, I felt RACE ENGINEER really helped me figure out how to do the basics. They also had a LOOSE and STABLE setup options; I think this game could use this as well. Acc has multiple setups options as well. Please add.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Based on Game Build: 1.5.5.1
    Request Title: FFB - Custom file - Adicional sliders
    Description: Not to repeat myself, I posted the idea here.
    Benefits: Allow users to have a custom file customization :), and perhaps Reiza may also find it useful for their own Default (Default must be a Default+ with a few sliders down to zero, right? ;)). Everyone has their own sense of an ideal FFB and allowing user to cook their own recipy greatly enhances user satisfation.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 8
  13. John Seyerle

John Seyerle New Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like a way to map pit strategies to a button then we can map that to an icon on stream deck or a button box.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Woodee

Woodee Simracing Junkie AMS2 Club Member

Having wheel presets as starting points.

15. Shark

Shark New Member

I'm assuming this has been requested multiple times by now, but I'd do unspeakable things for a function to hide the driver/arms in cockpit view but keep the functioning/turning wheel.

Find in VR that the brain is pretty good about filling in the blanks where your own arms are concerned, but the AI driver arms kind of do the opposite, especially if you have adjusted your seating position significantly.

16. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

It's already in the game: options > gameplay > display > cockpit wheel/driver - animated wheel

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. XLR-UUU

XLR-UUU New Member

It would be nice if we could adjust the chase camera position, and having it saved, Ctrl-K works but you have to adjust it every time.

18. pr07

pr07 Member

Not really a feature, but I'd like more options for time/weather acceleration, ideally being multiples and dividers of 24, like 3x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 12x, 24x, 48x. It would make races more accurate, and also would give us a bit more options for time scaling, I always thought that the jump from 2x to 5x, and then to 10x is a little too big.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Faures

Faures New Member

Title: Improvement Suggestion: Advance Time during Practice and Qualifying

Hello Automobilista community!

I would like to suggest the addition of a new feature in Automobilista 2: the ability for players to advance time during practice and qualifying sessions. Currently, our only option is to end the session, but having the flexibility to advance time would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for considering this suggestion!

Best regards,

Mikoul

• Like Like x 4
  20. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob Member

Request Title: Telemetry
    Description: Its long overdue, since day one. :D As far as I know, you can't resize the telemetry page. I don't think we need it 3/4 screen, in our faces.

A half-sized option would do in the center, even if it isn't movable.
    Please make it happen sometime. :D
    cheers.

• Like Like x 1