Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree on everything. And plus the fact that money has entered the space of simracing makes thing muddy and you always struggle to see where there is potentially vested interest or an attempt at "influencing" users and where genuinely there is not. Even when you see certain developers like RS hosting tens of streamers in Germany at their expenses then you start questioning how honest/free their thoughts will be and which other developers are already doing similar "treatments" maybe in a less visible manner. But anyway conversations on the "State of the hobby" are probably better placed elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

The GT Classic Corvette does not like a cold Bugatti track on cold tires. Probably pretty obvious :D

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. vfragos

vfragos Member

Hi, i read about overhaul of rain in the last update. I play in VR, is set the weather to storm and the rain drops is barley visible on windscreen, totally unrealistic, i don't even need the wipers at all. Is it a bug or what? As much i love ams 2 this is game breaking if you want to have a race in rain. I tried assetto corsa with csp and pure mods and what a difference, absolutely fantastic, it feels just like in real life with heavy rain, the wipers was at max speed and i was barley able to see

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

I noticed the same thing.
    I thought it was due to graphics settings (particle intensity/density) but it did not change.
    I confirm that on my system as well the rain droplets, either coming from rain or car ahead water spray, are less visible than before. For sure not impeding sight by any means.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. vfragos

vfragos Member

Thanks for the confirmation. Does devs see this thread, have anyone report this, should we report it somewhere else?

6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

While i appreciate the info on how to get it working again i believe this should be near top of the priority fixes as anyone who did not read it here and now will NEVER know this and should not have worry whether their ABS / TC work or not.
    Oh another bug actually - exiting the pits during practice / qualifying can randomly (and frequently) set your setup to default !

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Fersy

Fersy New Member

I would like to reduce a 24h race to 1h and the AI should also make 2 required pit stops. What do I have to set for this?

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You can also just not use the generic aids and restrict yourself ("Authentic") to ABS and TC only on vehicles that have them in real life.

Like animations for auto shifting, which adding the very rare F1 cars that actually had auto shifting can muck up the system, the generic aids versus the authentic aids have been interfering with each other since day 1.

The two temporary solutions are:

1) As @Marius H suggested, map the generic aids so you can cycle them--good if you actually want to use the generic aids on all cars.

2) Use Authentic and the problem will not occur.

Again, I am not suggesting that this should never be fixed, but firstly it is not as easy as it sounds or it would have been fixed by the creators of the Madness Engine long before Reiza ever got their hands on it, and secondly, it only affects people using simcade settings and if you choose to use those it is not unreasonable to expect that you map them in the game so the settings can be confirmed/adjusted periodically. It's not a top priority crisis.

The set-up bug(s) are critical because there are no simple work-arounds, they are "random" and they affect all users.

• Dislike Dislike x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I use authentic and the aids also bork up. I have mapped buttons to reactivate.

But for realism, which should I have on and at what level? If I disable the aids then no car has the aids. If I use authentic it mostly works just occasionally they are turned off. But what setting is considered real? I use low just to have them work but is that activating the real systems on the car or is it an aide? I'm wanting no aide just simulation.

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Marc Collins

I use "Authentic" (in Gameplay), which turns off the generic aids and restricts the specifically programmed aids only to the cars that had them in real life. Same thing works for shifting, clutch, etc. The only item not yet fully included in Authentic that I know of is pit limiter. Every car has an electronic pit limiter, even though many do not in real life.

I am not aware of any time they have ever been turned off for me, but maybe they have and I just did not notice. My policy is to never touch the generic aids since I do not ever want them and I know they have caused problems for people. Not at system right now, but if I recall, I did not map any of them, either...I do not want to accidentally activate them while using other keys or buttons. I have the authentic ABS, TC, brake bias, etc., mapped to rotary switches on my controller.

Will have to explore further to see if not mapping them actually works to avoid the problems for those of us who never want the generic aids. If you could try that in the mean time, it might help.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TomLehockySVK

Yes i can use the Authentic setting .. in the same way i have been using it since the first day i played AMS2 ? And now i often cannot even use the realistic ABS / TC because the game decides to just break and leave them completely off .

False because i was always using authentic and had it happen regularly when the bug was in the game before it got fixed months ago, and now in the league i am in we only use authentic and some people had it happen to them too.

Why do CUSTOMERS of today find it necessary to make such excuses on behalf of game devs, talking about every existing bug in the history of ever "it is not easy to fix" .. do you work for Reiza ? If no and / or you never worked with the Madness Engine then saying what is easy and what is a difficult bug means nothing because You also Don't Know and have no idea what you are talking about. And it is the job of the devs to decide what is a priority and what needs fixing, not people in the forums talking nonsense like you are now. Devs have to be informed about EVERY bug as an important one to fix and it is up to them to prioritize because They know what needs to be done and how.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. TomLehockySVK

Only solution i can think of is increasing Tyrewear and Fuel usage.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Just tried this a few days ago. While you can not enforce two stops as per rules (only one mandatory pitstop), I think setting fuel and tire wear to 3x should be sufficient. Maybe fuel would even be sufficient at 2x, don't remember.

As for time acceleration, 25x should be the closest to simulating an entire day in 60 minutes.

EDIT: You could actually set tire wear even higher, as the slicks are near indestructible for some cars like the LMDh. At 3x you may want to change them once, although you could probably go without changing them at all (but would probably lose more time on track).

• Like Like x 2
  14. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I believe Marc does work to some degree with Reiza.

Nevertheless, it is odd that some people here get very defensive if someone expresses some "not positive" personal opinion regarding the game features.

Seb02 simply stated he considers the lack of animations immersion breaking (which is his opinion) and if the devs are looking into it. Yet he got lectured on how his personal opinion (lack of animations = immersion breaker) is wrong. Like... wtf oO

Go figure.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Deleted - answered.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Enagee

Enagee jim joneZ AMS2 Club Member

Game breaking and immersion breaking, are two different things....it seems to be a common trend to use certain words loosely.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Not enough refraction in my rain drops... UNDRIVABLE! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 12
  18. kkdrummer

kkdrummer Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree this big should be fixed. It’s been around for too long. However, how do you know it is not in a priority list for a fix? Maybe it is but it is just not so easy to reproduce it and find a fix?
    There is a topic to report bugs and Reiza monitors it. Sometimes just randomly posting bugs in threats like this makes it harder for devs to see it. Glad Marius saw your post and can report back.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Marc Collins

Yes, I have been an internal tester with Reiza for many years, long before AMS 2.

No, I did not say it was wrong to have a personal opinion about lack of animations being immersion breaking.

I did state that the lack of these animations was not likely a critical priority area, especially when it only affects people who are already using an equally immersion-breaking automatic shifting aid.

Everyone gets to use the game however they want, but posting a message demanding that a small issue be fixed on a priority basis implying that it is so immersion-breaking as to spoil the enjoyment of the game is a bit entitled and why I responded as I did--and I stand by my comments/replies. As anyone here reading can easily determine, there are a bunch of pesky bugs and issues that affect everyone or affect the ability to use the game as intended--they are the priority, inevitably. And it doesn't require working for Reiza or any other dev to figure that out.

• Agree x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Dislike x 3
    • Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  20. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I only map them because of the bug. I don't really have the buttons to spare and after every update I don't map them until it turns them off.

I have found that turning off the "game" aides fully then I have no TC or abs at all. They have to be on low or high for my authentic settings to work. I believe even though you don't have them on that they just default to low or high otherwise it wouldn't work at all. That's what I have found anyway.

Please don't take this as a big moan because it most certainly isn't, ams2 is brilliant, I just wondered what the SIM settings would be, low or high?