Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. goldtop

goldtop New Member

Same thing here with the Stock Car in Custom Race. Also having the issue with some cars not loading their saved camera settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

My colleagues fixed it a couple of patches ago, but it seems it's such an persistent bug. For now use realistic aids or use my bypass. Personally for me the bug doesn't pop up too frequently. Once in a blue moon.

If I am correct they know what cause is. They fixed it a couple of patches ago, but it still keeps coming back so and then. Like Marc said to bypass this problem use realistic aids in gameplay and the lobbysettings or/and use my workaround. Let see what my colleagues can do.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

And also whether you have any car mods installed or not. It happens to me in quick race, but I had mods installed.

4. vfragos

vfragos Member

Really? You are writing in this forum and you don't know what a simulator is? Google is your friend.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
  5. vfragos

vfragos Member

Yes and no. For example my cousin is a fighter jet pilot. In his squadron they made a simulator based on DCS platform with 20 networked motion seats and they try new scenarios and tactics.

6. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

The first time it happened to me was with a mod car (MW Z4 GT3), so my immediate conclusion was "mod did it" o_O...
    But no... LMP2 didn't show the same problem but then again Z4 showed it again - by then it was really easy to replicate the problem but been a mod I thought Reiza shouldn't care all that much, so many thing to fill the calendar....
    Now it happens after the update, a file check and no mods installed (still could be something left behind?)

• Like Like x 1
  7. R48

R48 New Member

Same thing with me. No mod cars installed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

I would like an opinion if this is an AI 'bug' or a calibration issue :)

Doing a GT3 Gen2 race at Bathurst, my normal AI level (100) and default set for the Porsche, started 32nd and really found it difficult to keep up in a short 6 lap race.

I thought it was probably just a calibration issue (that the AI is quicker at Bathurst), until I saw the results screen - the track temperature was 58 degrees celsius, and the leading cars still did 2:05/06 (I was low 08s lol, felt like my 'limit', at least :p )

So yeah, just a calibration thing or the AI is not slowing enough for a track temperature of 58c? 20240108225135_1.jpg 20240108225203_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Is this a joke? Are you saying that fighter jet pilots in your country are training on DCS? Like really? That can't be right.

10. BazzaLB

Look it up. Plenty use it for procedure training etc. Quite a bit of VR usage too. Obviously its not the ONLY tool used, but cheaper than sending out planes for all training exercises (esp procedural exercises).

11. Split Second

Split Second Active Member

Normally they have their own simulators. I can understand that they use it at home but to use it as a country feels strange to me. Especially when DCS hasn't nearly got all the details.

12. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

That's right... The rain in Assetto is visually unbeatable. But firstly, it eats up the frames, and secondly, the rain feels very strange on the steering wheel. Thirdly, Ilja has been working on the rain for an estimated 1.5 years and fourthly, the Patreon channel is full of people reporting further problems.

One looks great... the other works great...

The eternal problem... We would like to bring together all the good qualities of all Sims in one. But OutOfTheBox, Reiza does the best work so far.

I'm pretty sure everyone wants Ilja quality. Even Reiza, but it also has to cover costs. From working hours to performance.

13. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

I own Automobilista 2 and most of the DLC's for this sim too. I loaded up AMS2 on 1/1/24 and it got updated by Steam. On 1/4/24 I purchased for myself the 2 newest DLC's (Formula Hi Tech and Historical Track Pack Part 2). I played AMS2 and did a multiclass race at LeMans, racing the new GT3 Gen 2 Porsche. It was just wonderful! Today, I logged into Steam and it did another update V1.5.5.1 to AMS2 which stated, "The release of this update marks the end of the Free Trial period for the Circuit des 24h Du Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 DLCs, the latest new content now restricted to users who own the respective DLCs", I opened AMS2 and guess what, no Formula Hi Tech cars, no GT3 Gen 2 cars and no LeMans track. What happened? How do I get these two DLC's that I PAID FOR back into the sim?

upload_2024-1-8_21-54-9.png

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Ah ha...is everyone who gets this using mods?

[Edit: I see not...]

15. BazzaLB

Well, I am not sure what you mean by "works great". I actually dont bother using my wipers at all.... EVER.. even at night in a Thunderstorm. I agree some things might sit at the bottom of the priority list, but if they are actually being actively worked on, then that seems like a missed opportunity to not fix/tweak them for all parties. This includes the Sparks shader work in VR (and Max Visible Cars).

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Verify integrity of game files to get your F-Hi Tech back (probably) and judging by what you wrote you did not buy the Le Mans DLC, nor the associated car pack, so the fact they are missing is not unexpected.

The DLCs were free to try for a while after release, that’s why you could play them. The Le Mans stuff is not included in the DLCs you bought.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

I'm an idiot! I bought the Formula Hi Tech and Historical Track Pack Part 2 DLCs by mistake thinking that they were the ones that I needed. CRAP!!! Now I have to shell out another $20 for the DLCs that I meant to buy, but I guess were not available for purchase back on 1/4/24. Thanks for your help anyways. My bad.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, they only became available later, maybe send Renato a PM, seems like an honest mistake, worth a shot.

• Like Like x 1
  19. vfragos

vfragos Member

it is a personal volunteer project of the squadron, has nothing to do with the country's officials simulators

20. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Great suggestion! I just sent him a PM for what its worth. It really sucks getting older and not noticing things better before clicking the Complete Purchase button. :mad::confused::(:eek:o_O