Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Demichkd

Demichkd Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The two you bought are not old. They came out 5-6 weeks ago. Both are great but good luck with PM.

• Like Like x 1
  2. vfragos

vfragos Member

Have you tried ac with the latest update? It looks fantastic and it works fantastic. Visualy the rain in ams 2 is a joke, you can't drive with storm conditions, night in a race without wipers with no problem at all and this you call it "works great". What exactly is the overhaul update on rain and windscreen rain droplets? Anyway, thank you as you are of the few in here that seems to make a constructive quote

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Yeah, the bug didn't show up until 1.5 for me. I do have both abs and tc set to authentic, but both only appear sporadically.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

He's talking about himself, not the DLC. I am 59 and I know exactly how he feels :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I reckon he meant driving-wise it works great, anyway by now I think you made your point: bad rain visuals != sim, breaks the game, earth explodes eventually, the end is nigh :)

Never thought the world would end because of something like this, but so be it, I'm ready!

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  6. jota.191

jota.191 (I'm Lando Garlando in AMS2 lobbies) AMS2 Club Member

You should use steam support to get a refund in case it is under the policies (not sure how they are for DLCs, in case of games, with less than 2 hours of use and 2 weeks from the purchase, they give the money back). I guess Renato can't do anything here.

Anyway, if you can afford them, I recommend you keep them. They are also high quality pieces of content.

Edit: if you are into endurance races, the tracks are great and tematic for Group C/ GT1s. In case of the cars, I thought I wasn't fan of early 90's F1 until I tested them...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Renato (Reiza) can do things if so desired, Renato might be in a good mood, considering he recently expanded the Reiza team ;) But guess it could work with Steam also not sure either on their DLC policies.

Guess I might want to check up on them myself, getting a bit long in the tooth, getting older is not... optimal, let's say.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove/disable the orange 3D people models on the side of the LeMans track? I have track details on Ultra, but these orange 3D people models are constantly spawned without heads on their bodies... When I drive really really close to them (50 meters or less I would guess), they get an head on their body. This is distracting/immersion breaking in VR so it would be nice if they could be turned off/disabled somehow?

9. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Sounds like you've found a sim you enjoy that checks all the boxes for you (ACC). Why are you posting here? If you have some recommendations or constructive criticism of AMS2 fine, but why are you trying to tell people what's a game/sim or simcade? Lol, Just who do you think you are? Your opinion of AMS2 is just that...an opinion. What is realistic or good is subjective not fact.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  10. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Immersion breaker is when you try to do Bugatti circuit in Le Mans layout at night and suddendly a fence appears in from of you when you're in full throttle, high speed mode :).
    Not me, 'a friend of mine' did try it out... :whistle:

Now in a more serious note... AMS2 has lots of immersive options other sims fail to have that don't depend on physics or underlying engine, like FCY, sofisticated damage model, real time weather. These are great and contribute for and immersive experience outside the physics sphere.
    What I would like to have is selectable transparent and "wrong way" modes. They give me a sense of freedom, of real world navigation that add (a lot) to my experience. Black flags are enough, no need to teleport my car to the pits, out of my control - that's a very gamy kind of stuff (other sims also do this, but some don't, and I like them for that). That's very unimmersive kind of thing in my oppinion.
    I'm the kind of ape that does cooldown lap when racing online :cool:, when eveyone else brake hard and get out after the finish line...

Returning to physics debate (yes, that's what a sim, let it be car, plane or train, is supposed to simulate, right?), I think AMS2 'physics' are closer to what I expect, when racing on cool track (less overall grip). Did try Le Mans yesterday, real weather (the temperatures are very low right now), and the peakness response of the car is there and we realise physics are very good indeed (and I been saying this for a long time...), they just need a little push to put it there on top.
    Perhaps Reiza is a discovery away for AMS2 going from a great sim to an excelent one.
    Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. vfragos

vfragos Member

The visuals on rain conditions plays a big role because under heavy rain and the spray from the track your visibility is severely impacted so it is a part of "it works great". But because you mention it and in physics department under rain much improvement have to be made.
    I made my point from my first post, almost all my other posts was to posts like this thinking i was attacking their "precious"

12. vfragos

vfragos Member

I never said that it is the official's country simulators. It is a personal project of the squadron and also they have the resources to modify some aspects of the platform, for example the map they are interested in, the real ranges of the radars and weapons as those are not available publicly but they are an estimation. And yes is a big extra in their training.
    Actually i think they are not the only one's. Just found this:
    A-10 Warthog Pilots Are Using The Digital Combat Simulator Video Game To Train In VR (thedrive.com)

In the case of my cousin's Squadron every seat has the full cockpit of the F-16 block 52+

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Oh but you were. Don't act like you were objective and with "good" arguments. Sorry,but the rain in AMS2 is not bad at all.
    Not the best looking indeed but far from the worst. And take RainFX from AC like a good argument ... Lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

I think the Armée de l'Air (french air force) actually uses the pro version of DCS and the RAZBAM Mirage 2000 as a training tool in an official capacity. The two parties working together to further develop the model and presumably others that may or may never get released publicly one day

Edit: Also from what I've seen the poor souls have to use ****ty Logitech X56 hotas

• Like Like x 2
  15. vfragos

vfragos Member

deleted wrong

16. vfragos

vfragos Member

I were what, attacking ams 2? Not at all, maybe my tone with "it is a joke" gave the impression. Do you play in VR, because in vr the rain effects in a thunderstorm are minimal you don't need wipers at all so i'm very disappointed on this aspect. Maybe is a vr bug thing? I love ams 2, i was among the first i bought the 2020 - 2022 season pass. I have supported the sim, i bought all the dlc expect the last 2 i will probably get today. But the problems has to be pointed to be fixed, ok maybe i was a little harsh on my side but please understand my frustration after all this big headlines about the rain overhaul. And really i don't know if this is a bug and has to be pointed so it will fixed. Last i believe ams 2 is probably the best all-around racing sim right now. I hope i made my point more clear now.

17. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I am not sure if I have something wrong with my settings, but I honestly do not even bother turning my wipers on at night in a thunderstorm at the back of the pack. There is absolutely no difference to using wipers or not in my game. Is your visibility impaired under these conditions if you don't use the wipers?

There are no conditions in fact where I need to turn on my wipers. I too run in VR. Is this just a VR issue?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. vfragos

vfragos Member

I'm talking about HAF (Greek air force) i didn't think to ask if it is a pro version of DCS but the guys have done a fantastic job. Actually i think last summer here in Greece in Adravida base were their simulator project is, they trained together with some fellow French pilots who they was there for another exercise

19. vfragos

vfragos Member

Sadly i don't think is something wrong with our settings. Let's hope it is a bug and will be fixed

• Like Like x 1
  20. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

Has anybody noticed how there is no windshield fogging up during cold humid conditions? Totally game breaking for me....
    I refuse to have good time until this is fixed!

• Funny Funny x 20
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1