Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

Porsche 963 LmdH is fun around Buenos Aires no.6 :) (with the fast chicane near the end).

It's fun everywhere, obviously, just that I noticed this one today :p

• Like Like x 3
  2. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Thanks for the recommndations.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I posted this in the beta forum last week when the same topic came up:

I don't know for sure, but I think quite a while back some/many vehicles had the rain effect purposely diminished until this latest update to the rain effects was tested and complete. There were a lot of complaints that the heavy rain looked bad, was problematic, etc. There are quite a few vehicles where wipers are not really needed to see ahead.

Assuming Reiza is happy with the new effects, I expect they will get rolled-out to all the series in future patches/ASAP. In the short run, by comparison, it will be more noticeable on the cars that don't yet have the new updated graphcis.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. TrigMan59

TrigMan59 Active Member

Here's hoping I hear back from him....if not, no big deal to keep these DLC's.

• Like Like x 1
  5. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

The car I wonder about in the rain is the modern Indycar with the aeroscreen :eek: (and no wipers! :p )

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Thanks for making an actual informed response about this. Its getting hard around here to discuss anything without the usual pointless retorts designed to drown out any issues raised. Any idea which cars have updated windscreen effects atm in the publically available release? I tried gt3. No wipers necessary in thunderstorm conditions.

BTW, I assumed being as it was openly stated that the rain effects on the windscreen were being worked on that it was something Reiza were interested in improving and therefore getting feedback on. If they are not interested, let me know.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. vfragos

vfragos Member

Thank you for your answer and the confirmation. So many trolls in here i wasn't expecting a real answer and help. Do you know any car with the new effects to tryout?

• Dislike Dislike x 6
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

It will probably just be wiped off by the wind.:p
    But more serious then as I understand it both Indycars and Nascars are very hesitant to drive if there is more severe rain drops in the air.
    Quite unlike F1.

ByTheWay: Eventhough they were experimenting with a socalled light rain package last year.
    Very light probably :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steve Young

Steve Young Active Member

I just went for the Indy Booster Seat. No wipers needed

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

Different Decades different Helms and views ;)
    About the rain at Assetto... Take a street Mazda without a lot of horsepower... And then drive it in the rain without rain tires. The car floats like a boat. Visually, Assettos Rain is in a different league but the driving physics in the rain are anything but credible. If that were the case, we would all have to switch to rain tires in real life when it rains. Try driving a slow car in the rain without rain tires like in real life. It occurs to me that you only talk about the visuality of the rain and not about the physics that change. And if the frame times drop so significantly (in VR Speciel) then (for me) it's just an endless construction site for many people with normal graphics cards. For me personally, for example, the night with AMS2 is not dark enough... if I want, I drive without headlights for the longest part of the night. But hey... I could also go to Ilja and ask him to finally make the AI similar to AMS2. Let's see how many updates and years will pass until then. Good things take time... Reiza just started talking about shader updates... let's let her finish first.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. john Ellis

john Ellis The Rectifier of Names AMS2 Club Member

My word … Racing against the AI in the BMW M1 Procar at Oulton Park Classic just reminded me why AMS2 is the only driving sim I’m using these days. What a delight!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

I didn't mention AC so not sure why you are quoting me exactly.. least of all in German which I do not speak.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

ah sorry...something went wrong. I sometimes use the translator, so your post was quoted in German. I must have made a typo somewhere without realizing it. ;D

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Guys, i removed some posts, please keep the bickering out of here and sort your differences via PM.

@vfragos - you can report issues without the additional commentary, the team is currently on a well deserved break after months of crunch, the in your definition game breaking issue will be investigated afterwards. This is true for all reported stuff on this platform so expect a bit more inactivity by the team for this week still.

Cheers.

• Like x 19
    • Friendly x 5
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  15. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

brake ? :D

• Funny Funny x 5
  16. newtonpg

newtonpg Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's normally what succeed full throttle :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. GearNazi

GearNazi Well-Known Member

Okay, steady now... Nobody said anything about criticism not being allowed.
    Just don't keep beating that drum maybe, because people will start responding to it.... Also, it becomes tiresome at some point.
    It's all been noted, and you can be pretty certain the devs are aware of said shortcomings in the visual VR experience.
    I agree; windshield rain effects in VR are, as it stands, pretty p00p!
    The sparks seem to have improved, but that might also be because there's simply more of it now.
    Issue with that was (I think...) left eye projection only, which kinda breaks the 3d matrix of stereo vision.

Also, there seems to be some wrongful concensus about the forum being a merry band of "yes-men", singing ams2's praises in sweet harmony and not being "critical" enough, thus hampering the development of the title.
    I'd like to put that to rest at least, as this is objectively not true.
    Battles have been fought in this place, especially around update time.
    It's just the general tone of things here... It's not Reddit or RaceDepartment, and I think that's a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What do you mean? :whistle: [corrected]

• Funny Funny x 9
  19. vfragos

vfragos Member

Thank you for your time to have a proper conversation. I don't think i kept beating any drum. It was simply a response to the negative attitude and answers to my first question in this forum, if the "p00p" rain effects in VR at least, maybe is a bug or what. Suddenly all i got it was negative responses, dislikes and no answers. So with all that i had to defend and answer to all this negativity. Anyway no hard feelings from my side. At least i know i don't imagine things about the rain issues.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  20. macbtz

macbtz Member

Sorry if this is not the place to ask this question but I have been searching the forum and I can't find information about it. In the programmed yellow options there is the possibility of selecting NO, 25%, 50% 75% and RANDOM. I understand that RANDOM includes all the options, but also includes NO?
    thank you.