Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Random means you will for sure get a FCY, just the moment it happens will be a surprise.

I personally would like to see the FCY option to also have a random length, currently the safety car always stays out for 2 laps, a bit of variety would be nice there as well

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

Would be cool if you could see some wreckage at a turn with cranes and marshalls etc

• Agree Agree x 7
  3. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I see someone is a fan of GP4 (man of culture)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. macbtz

macbtz Member

Thanks for the response, from what I understand from your response is that an FCY will always happen. My interest comes because I find it more important for FCY to happen but naturally it is almost impossible for them to happen. I like this option but I would also like it if at some point an FCY did not happen, which would make the race strategy less predictable.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, i understand, we ran several race with a random FCY, and always had one, since you don't know when it's gonna happen, it still makes strategy interesting, especialy if you throw in a couple random weather slots, and increasy tyrewear and/or fuel usage

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

To be honest, I just assume it is all WIP and won't pay close attention for a while. I have personally reported the lack of wipers needed many months ago, but as mentioned, pretty sure it was deliberately toned down because the "regular" rain effects were generating a lot of complaints.

Now we know the team is working on updates, but perhaps the regular users are experiencing what the beta people are now used to: a new feature or update or content is reported that is not finalized. Reiza always errs on the side of releasing things that might still be alpha to the beta group and sometimes items still clearly beta make their way into the regular release. This is not a conspiracy, but a simple product of two things:
    1. The insane schedule and work habits of the entire dev team that spills into every holiday during the year...so sometimes new/WIP things are not fully co-ordinated or screened as they might be elsewhere.
    2. Reiza likes feedback from a broader base of users for certain changes, so it can be on purpose that something gets released "early." But, sometimes the item is hidden or partial or not mentioned...so as to see if anyone actually notices it, complains about it or praises it. Very tricky.
    In the case of the new rain effects, it is just something that could not be finalized in time for the last update given the magnitude of all the other things being released plus holidays (and now we know plus Renato's family expansion!!). Any other dev CEO would have just taken the month off to deal with family matters.

Despite all this, over many years, I have experienced that whenever one of these situations arises, there is usually a chorus of panic and complaints that said feature is not done/not acceptable/etc. Could be high beams, could be rain effects, could be tire physics!

Accept the chaos--it's Reiza's way. Embrace the perfectionism, continuous improvement and frequent updates because that is also Reiza's way. And yes, feedback is always welcomed, but no need to get too excited when something is not quite right. NOTHING is locked down for the sake of an arbitrary schedule here (unlike many other devs). But once in a while, we have to wait more than a few hours for updates and fixes when the team is taking a well-earned rest :)

I am confident we will have overall improved rain effects in the not-too-distant future when the team is done their work.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. vfragos

vfragos Member

Thank you, i don't mind to have to wait at all, especially when the team needs some rest, but because i was under the impression that the update of the rain was released i wanted to find out what i was experiencing regarding the rain was a bug or what.

8. Cholton82

Cholton82 Active Member

When 1st position cross the line with about 3 seconds remaining forcing you to do another lap of Daytona and you run out of fuel because you got your maths wrong.
    An hour wasted ??? No way it was still fun as hell

9. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

So - quite enjoying the Le Mans DLC.

Having a bit of trouble with the AI though.
    They can be a bit....wobbly.
    On the straights they can weave left and right a little, been more than once when I've been punted as they get too close and then - clunck - I'm off.

Just got to within 8 mins of finishing an hours race when a lapped car decided to ram me from behind and punted me into the abyss.

Got aggro set on 'High' - is that OK - or should it be lower?

Incidentally, no blue flags were shown to the cars on Le Mans who were lapped.
    Don't know if that's just a known thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Marc Collins

No problem. Some part of the whole thing has been updated...but still WIP from what I can see.

• Like Like x 2
  11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Afaik flags of any kind are of no use in AMS2, they are ignored by humans and bots.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Billy Blaze

Billy Blaze Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Spot on. :hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 16
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Marc Collins

There are a few major trees missing or out of place in the AMS 2 version--won't be able to use VIR until that immersion-breaking mess is fixed.

Even though the car was cornering and shifting almost identically to the real one, it doesn't match what I get in AC, so AMS 2 needs to be fixed--undriveable!

The perception of yaw angle on the real car is way too exaggerated--must be using some sort of simcade head movement settings that need to be turned off.

[/sarcasm: off]

On a serious note, what an awesome video. It would be so amazing if we could have this sort of comparison for older cars and tracks, too, but alas that will never happen.

• Funny Funny x 12
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Unlike a lot of new users I like the camera movement in AMS2 - but I guess that the more severe movements in the RL car to the right isnt felt that severe by the RL driver.
    Mainly because the natural body damping in neck/head/eyes does filter most of it away;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Marc Collins

Trust me--in a real race car they are as severe as they look. There are many reasons why the average person (physically, athletically) cannot successfully handle race cars or karts and that is just one.

But yes, human eyes adjust to some degree, which is why the game has range sliders/options for movement so we can each find a balance that appeals to our senses/perceptions without making the dynamic, sprung vehicles appear to behave like bricks.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

Yeah, as a personal preference I like some head movement - for that realsim effect y'know?

I can understand if people turn it off, but I like a bit of movement to simulate the car presing down on the front tyres under braking etc. I need to see what my body should be feeling if I were in the real car.

So i need my eyes to be my arse.

I do find AMS2 cameras a bit odd, but when turning it all down it's much better (should be default IMO).

• Like Like x 1
  17. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Yes in fact.
    I run a fairly aggressive and raw motion platform for realism sake, and it is impossible to record the output of the HMD without any stabilization software.
    THis is an example with quite high stabilization filtering.

The raw footage would just be impossible to watch, but I can ensure you that from the "inside" nothing is felt. Brain and eyes work wonderfully to smooth things out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

One thing is interesting, if you watch the original IRL lap.

He's sliding, not that much, but there are few "over the slip curve peak" slides. Especially in the last few seconds, in the first corner... there is quite a bit of yaw.

And then you read the video description -
    Now, I have never driven a race car. But, I imagine, that the first few laps with a new car, ever, would be 100% safety... no hard pushing.... Making sure everything work fines, the car feels good, etc. Yet, he has no issues doing little bit of sliding here and there....
    I don't think he would do it, if it would be as easy to loose the car over the edge, as it is in some sims.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. YOUNG IL YOON

YOUNG IL YOON crossfieldz_ROK AMS2 Club Member

I using every camera movement options to 100
    (no legacy) but i want more look to apex value.
    i think some pro racer's look to apex is much more deeper.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

You are correct.
    This is one of the differences between virtual office table racing and the real one.
    You get so much more physical inputs in RL that something that looks close to the limit in a RL video doesnt feel so dangerous close to loosing control in RL.
    I tried to make a career in FF1600 when I was young so I have some slightly faint :D experience of such RL driving.

ByTheWay: Oh those were the days:(

• Friendly Friendly x 3