Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From the IMSA.tv website: "IMSA WeatherTech Championship races are not available to stream in the United States (NBC/USA Network), Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, New Zealand, Iceland, Poland and the Baltics."

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh sorry, I misread your post! My mistake there ^_^

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. neal

neal Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

nonsense!

get a VPN. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't shoot the messenger. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now that's interesting, it's all quite a long time ago and it's hard to check the sources with WMD gone. I remember when they changed from brush to seta and we were playing dev builds at the time, so was that actually during the development phase and it released with seta?
    I think in my head I had PC1 as brush and PC2 as seta, but It's probably PC1 early dev phase was brush, PC1 release was seta, PC2 seta. That makes sense now, so I'm sure PC1 did have the brush model, but only during the early days. So even if I'm wrong I'm almost right, in that the AI will be on that old brush model, we did play versions with it but I can't now be certain that the braking distance test was on which model.
    You can trust me on the wheelie bins though :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Correct. I don't have any exact data, but I reckon the switch happened somewhere in the middle of development (that is, the middle of development accessible to backers). Pretty sure there was never a release version of Project Cars 1 with a brush-based tire model for players.

To be fair, I think if PC1 had been released with the quality of the brush-based Beta tire model at its peak, it could easily have passed as a more advanced model to the layman. The more I think about it, the more I realize that the "simple" model wasn't (isn't) that bad at all when it's well-tuned.

But yeah, PC1 did use the brush model for a large part of its development. And just getting the Seta model up to approximately the same standards for a handful of cars took many months if I remember correctly.

Gotta admit, those were some exciting times... Watching it all grow from humble beginnings was quite amazing. If the physics had been on the same level as what I remember PC1 being shortly before release was, then PC2 would've been damn awesome with all that content. *sigh*

On the upside, we now have the amazing AMS2 instead. :D

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

yep, exactly this. In fact the guy who did the RBR physics, Eero Piitulainen, was involved initially but it was decided the brush model was too restrictive during development and they swapped to the SETA model. Eero Piitulainen left the project at that point.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Thankfully I happen to fall outside that group! Yes looking forward to it. The IMSA coverage is really good from the youtube. Now i Just have to work out what the API is for the timing data so I can really nerd out and pretend i'm Mr. Penske managing the team (or Mr. Bayerische Motoren Werke) during the race.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TAdams65

TAdams65 Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't know where you are at, but get to a race if you can. I have the honor to stand trackside at Road America and Road Atlanta taking photos for a website I write for and supply the photos. The cornering speeds of prototypes is amazing.

• Like Like x 6
  10. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Why do they behave like this? I also find it very confusing and non intuitive.

11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From what I tested my feeling is that the car is way way too stiff at the front. Probably as developers mentioned it is because the baseline for LD version was meant to work both at Daytona (where there is a whole lot of vertical compression) and Le Mans.
    Probably the subsequent small modification to tires in 1.5.5.2 could also help from tire side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

What exactly are you referring to? That a car might understeer off a corner if too much throttle is applied while turning or too high an entry speed? Catches real race car drivers out sometimes, too. But not sure if that's what you are talking about?

Agree also with @Ettore that the default ARBs are often not so friendly, but cannot be changed in TT mode, right?

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

What is the reason to upload this looong video of a guy who obviously have NEVER used AMS2 before?
    I had a good laugh when he tried to change setup parameters even BEFORE he had launched the track and car :rolleyes:
    And then he helplessly asked I need some help here - please.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    And then while he was showing that he was not even able to keep the car on track driving even slower than my old granny began instantly talking about shortcommings in the game engine.
    What a fu*** joke.:rolleyes:

ByTheWay: No I will not even link to this waste of time.:whistle:

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, welcome to the internets where everybody is a pro.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
  15. PocketsRJ

PocketsRJ Hi from UK!

He has the eSports jacket and pose, dude's a pro bro :D

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Well I didnt really talk about the guy or what he does, I meant what the car is doing. I've felt the exact same thing a lot of times and confused about whats going on.

17. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree, seems an odd thing to say tbh that he doesn't know how to handle the fact that the car suddenly understeers excessively. I think these guys go into a session like that with a certain mindset. He probably expected infinite front grip or something.

The speeds through that corner IRL are around 220-230 kph max, he was at 270 kph.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Yeah I know.
    But I just thought that this video and this guy are way out of line.
    I mean compared to as example GamerMuscle then he has at least SOME knowledge about the racing games he does review and discuss.
    Hehe and he has also a ton of self-ironi/self-mockery where this guy has less than ½ gram.:p

19. R00bDriver

R00bDriver Member

That's Michi Hoyer - eSports driver.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Then instead of posting a low effort link, you could have added some context. Did you expect people to watch the entire video to try and work out what you are on about? Having said that, at least you weren't going around posting dislikes and disagrees without bothering to make counter arguments like some regulars around here.

• Like Like x 1