Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. CJ56

CJ56 New Member

From what I saw, the link was timestamped.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Who cares?
    If he cant do better in such a loong and boring video then it doesnt matter if he was even a RL racing driver.
    And a competent one :whistle:
    eSports driver - oh man then he must be taken seriously :D:D:D

ByTheWay: I was polite about the ½ gram :D

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

This is what matters, not opinions or interpretations of handing via videos (almost impossible).

It appeared that he came into the corner too hot and went off on to the grass. Was that reasonable? Who knows unless you look up or know the info above. Thanks for settling the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ricxx

ricxx Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yea, absolutely. Braking point is at the beginning of that little green patch on the left hand side. It's the same in AMS2, you have to brake there a little bit to be able to hit the apex kerb on the right hand side. Not sure if he even braked at all, I think he just lifted a little bit.

Here's the beautiful Peugeot at the same corner. (at around 2:51)

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

by the end of it he did get very fast and did adapt.
    was interesting to see how a complete ams2 newbie finds things. as most of his issues are what we would consider trivial because it’s easy once your familiar with it , but many new players have challenges with the default configuration of the game .

His only shortcomings were not from a pre determined attitude towards things , but only that his expectations are very much based off how the car handles in other sims that he is used to . rather than any form of personal experience or comparisons to Real life .

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

That and running over all of the yellow sausages and being surprised that doing so unsettled the car.

Track limits clearly don't exist for him.

Also, isn't it interesting that these guys are frequently reading stream chats while driving yet still complaining that they lose control... Hmmm, I have a theory why that might be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

I don’t understand the belittling tone that people seem to have .
    the track limits are set by Reiza , if they are being exploited to find time then ( in a Time trial competition no less) then that’s what’s going to happen, and your a mug for not finding the edge of the legal limits.

My take away from it was that he was of the flawed understanding that race cars , (no matter what type ) dont slide .
    they all do and that’s where basis of car behaviour based on what other sims do is so typical of full time sim streamers .

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, he basically said he preferred Rfactor 2 and tied some "not sure this is quite right" to it and whatnot, but don't we do the same on this forum, even about AMS 2 itself at times? So I do not see the issue. He has an opinion, don't we all?

It's the bread and butter of sim racers anyway: determining the simulation value of one sim by comparing to another (their favorite) sim. What could possibly go wrong? It's ultimate science and is 100% correct every time!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think he refers to the fact that the very stiff springs/dampers/ARBs give the car a very high responsiveness at turn in, but when the car settles for the corner it seems to fade away because of the excessive stiffness itself. It is well perceivable in the main AMS2 with baseline.

10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

He also couldn't understand that his tires weren't locking completely but only the inside tire and wondered how comes he could still turn in as if it was wrong when in facts it wasn't wrong at all. He is new to the sim as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Exactly... some people here fail to realise themselves act the very same way.

This kind of attitude ("my sim is better than yours, therefore you are wrong") is ridiculous. So much tribalism in the sim community, and AMS2 forums are no exception.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Need that car in AMS 2

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wu!

I don’t, I was in Sinai, Egypt end 90s in a Peugeot 504 break taxi which doors were held closed by ropes which coincidentally also held many boxes of unknown goods on the roof in place (to improve the center of gravity), it did not seem to have brakes to speak of and the driver was clearly in a hurry.

While we probably never went faster than 90 kph, no other Peugeot will beat that sense of speed and terror.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Pandytim99

I like the gt3 in rF2 but the prototypes in that game drive like horrible specially their dpi

15. Wu!

Well, you’re kind of proving my point, I mean we all have our opinions, but not sure many of us drove Lmdh/prototypes on Le Mans.

At some point there was some discussion here on the forum (I think, could be wrong) about the curbs on the two final chicanes on Le Mans also and how they did not upset the car enough, but then I watched some onboard of Kevin Estre and lap after lap he was just sending it over those curbs, while overtaking at times. It did not seem to do all that much.

I guess at the end of the day we all have our ideas, opinions and theories, and it’s fun to discuss it, but most of it is bound to be wildly inaccurate half of the time since we just do not know, but as I said, fun :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Pandytim99

I like to compare my own onboards with rl ones and boy if I try to imitate what RL drivers do in a Oreca 07 on Rfactor 2 the car don’t behave nowhere near similarly

idk if it’s a setup issue or something on the physics but I hope they fix that on Le Mans Ultimate but that’s going even further on the point

17. Wu!

Not saying you are wrong, we can form some semi informed opinions about some things of course. Hopefully Le Mans Ultimate somehow makes s397 survive and Motorsport games to go away.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

Yep. Chasing realism to find the holy grail of racing will gradually kill all the fun. At the end of the day none of us know how these cars feel or drive IRL and no toy wheel is going to replace the real thing. But they’re hella fun to drive. We’re incredibly spoiled nowadays. 20 years ago (I’ve been simming for 30), I never dreamed of having a sim like AMS2, ACC etc

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Wu!

I came across this recently too, oh boy, he clearly has no clue what he is talking about ;)

20. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

I wonder how far you would carry that opinion; if there were a hole in the track limits rules that allowed you to cut off half the track, would that justify doing so? Should everyone use that 'glitch'? The track limits count before penalties happen are lovingly called 'go faster tokens' in a racing group I'm in which highlights that kind of mentality. :D

I personally do not think that way, I try to work on the white line rule and have abandoned times that were faster because the game allowed me to get away with something that no human steward would have allowed. The end of turn 9 at Imola is a prime example of where running seriously wide is legal but I still don't do it and consider doing so unsporting. Sadly this has also been visible in F1 in recent years where the track limits were defined by the painted colours of the Italian flag past the curbs leading to incredible inconsistency in the regulation of track limits.

No matter where you set the limit, drivers will push it, which is why I personally favour the white line rule as it is a clear point, instead of saying it is okay in 'x' turn on 'x' track.

That debate aside, my actual point was about how his driving over the sausages caused some of the behaviours he was complaining about.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2