Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

Did 20 mins of GT3 at Barcelona and GT1 at Interlagos.

I can't really say I notice that much difference in peakiness, however It really feels like they improved that initial turn in where sometimes some cars like the GT1 almost wobbles beneath like some weird pendulum effect, the tyre feels way more direct and more inflated. I felt like i had way much better control in any car and could drive on the limit easier.

For sure a step in the right direction! Great work Reiza!

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Hey Renato Im gratefull for these info raids into this forum.
    Multo appreciated. :D
    Personally Im pretty satisfied with the behaviour of the cars in AMS2 at present state.
    AMS2 is the easiest sim to get adapted to so the driving feels resonable intuitive.

BUT BUT like all the other competive sims the behaviour when driving slow (= less than about 60-70 km/h) is pretty off.:whistle:
    And yes this problem include all other sims too.
    In RL on a dry track its more or less impossible that a car unintendedly begin sliding in a corner if you are driving as example 60 km/h.
    But in all racing sims (incl AMS2) this is quite normal.
    The possibility of a slide does more or less begin with 1-5 km/h :rolleyes:

Rumour does say that the only sim that diversed from this common fault was netKarPRO.
    Because netKarPRO used 2 different tire models.
    One for slow speed and one for the rest of the speed range.

How about being the first of modern sims that solved this common problem Mistar Simioni?:)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Interesting, I haven't driven that slow to see that behavior. But maybe we have to take into account that slick tires need temperature to gain grip, I remember in Spa last year the Hypercars were sliding around on very low speeds because they couldn't get heat on their tires. Maybe it doesn't get much attention also because who really play these games going so slow?

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. BrunoB

Except on high speed ovals most tracks include parts that comes near these slow speeds.
    Also for you ;)
    And taken from RL racing its almost impossible to get into a slide then.
    One of the reasons I take this up is because the "uncertain" and unrealistic feeling you get when your intuition is sabotaged by this behaviour.
    Another reason is is that this issue also point to a flaw in the physics/tire model.

5. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought you meant the cars slide when going on a constant low speed. In that case in my experience with the game, yes some cars do tend to slide on the middle of slow corners, but not all of them, it also depends on the track and corner. So IMHO too many variables to certify if its a car, track ,corner , tire or setup issue. I wouldn't blame it on the tire solely.
    *Edit: I wouldn't even say slide on the middle of slow corners being what I feel, more like over rotate, happened a lot with the G1 BMW GT3. Haven't tried it after the GT3 G2 released.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Over-rotation is common because race cars are set-up to rotate vastly more than the road cars we are used to. They are meant to be driven on knife's edge by people skilled with minute changes to throttle position. A regular car set up this way would be uninsurable on public roads. Whenever I drive with a heavy foot in the game, I am reminded that all that safety margin built in to the cars I drive every day is typically not there. Be more careful! Digital throttle out of slow corners will induce spins.

In terms of the actual/absolute grip at low speeds, I too get the impression sometimes that it is too low. This can be induced by loss of aero assistance as you slow down, or it could be other perceptual aspects of how the game registers in my brain. More often than not when I spin in a slow corner I go back to check my entry speed and apex speed only to discover that I was going too quickly/faster than I perceived. Sometimes this is exacerbated by AI that are able to go through the corner faster than us and we try to follow them, they proceed through and we do not. That will get adjusted over time.

The only point of this @BrunoB is that when we complain about too little grip at low speeds, please give the specifics of car, track, conditions, etc., plus some real-world examples, so others can confirm and Reiza has a data point to make their adjustments.

That e-Sports guy thought that there was something wrong with the car at Le mans when he was entering the corner 50 km/h too fast. Big shocker, he slid on to the grass. In the game, I push far more often and with less caution than I do in real life.

I have also spun in every real race car and race kart I have ever driven--and every time it took me by surprise. I thought I had enough grip or was going slowly enough that a 180 was impossible. And that's with real-world g-forces affecting my whole body...

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nice improvements on the LMDh tyres! Not only are more responsive and more punishing when getting things wrong, they now wear down much more, making the proposition of racing Softs for full stints at regular tracks now a tall order, specially if the track temp is hot enough.

8. BrunoB

Its quite funny that even when I say that my oppinion is that ALL racing sims has this problem.
    Then it suddenly become soo extremely difficult to evaluate if this is an issue at all.
    Because - yeah skills and brains registering and possibility of grass on track and difference of mid, entrance or exit of corners and ofcourse more than hundreds different other variables.
    Yeah and all the different setup possibilities in setups does also make it impossible to evaluate.
    And suddenly race cars are so slidey that they rotate a lot more in corners about my 50-60 km/h :rolleyes:

ByTheWay: To repeat myself I did only talk about SLOW corners = corners where it in RL is impossible to get even a baby buggy to slide.:rolleyes:

1.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. BrunoB

Wow! The "new" F-V12 on LeMans is pretty fantastic. Even more challenging than before.
    Except in really slow corners - ofcourse :D

A few hours later: Oh man. Without any understatement or irony the V10G2 feels even better.:)
    The new tires is more challenging to handle - but man when you get your head down the satisfaction is so much greater.
    Thank you Reiza. ;)
    The behaviour feels pretty realistic-ish. At least at speed :D

V12.png V10G2.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

Nothing beats the response backed with proper, comparable real-life examples ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Eduardo Costa

Eduardo Costa New Member AMS2 Club Member

The AI update is fantastic!!! Some circuits where it was almost impossible to overtake (like Jacarepagua) are now very doable.

Cascais is really beautiful now, the fastest cars can overtake by braking later, at the end of the straights.

great work Reiza you are the best

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/GDstalpkgy4

• Like Like x 7
  13. Jojo Pagani

Jojo Pagani Active Member

I just tried the game with the Ginetta GT55 Cup and it was a joy to see how I finally lose control when I abuse the car. Now the game feels like a sim to me. :)
    I hope you extend this magic to the rest of road cars.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Michael Croshaw

Michael Croshaw Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I just did a 20 min race at Kyalami against AI and some very quick humans ( on racecraft online ). I definitely had to really concentrate to get that maclaren round in one piece, it was intense and a really great experience. The GT3 gen2s are now up there with the best GT3 experience I've had on any sim ( and I've played all the main ones ).

• Like Like x 4
  15. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Besides AI now need a lot of tweaks in wet track, in dry now formula cars slides in 4 tyres when you do stupid things like in real life. Really nice!

Before this update front tyres has so much grip on the edge. Problem solved and much more fun now going into the walls!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Love the F_HiTech. As a greedy person, I finally would love to see the F1 cars of 94 in the game, the year when all kinds of driving aids were banned again.:whistle::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

this and special ones for flat spots maybe some tyre 3D model for punctures as well

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Quick question can the Porsche 963 get 2 more livery slots? Just to have room for some certain liveries?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. wegreenall

wegreenall Active Member

Now they have a dedicated shader person, I imagine things like that will be coming... but i'm just guessing.

PS it looks like Pipo Derani got used to the tyre update quickly, beating the all time lap record at Daytona this weekend!

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  20. achus59

achus59 New Member

:D

• Funny Funny x 2