Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure at what temp the graphics change color to more yellow, but you definitely start having more risk of sliding at over 90 celsius (and more clearly at 100 or more). So it's more risky for sure and if you aren't aware of this, losing the rear might come as a suprise. I think it's still quite optimal range what comes to pace though.. At that temperature, the graphics still show green still... so I wouldn't focus on that too much.

• Like Like x 1
  2. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's up around 110c that the graphic starts to move into yellow etc.

3. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Do a race with custom AI F-Ultimate Gen 2 with dry to wet track. Now it´s really nice with 120/ max agression. Good job!

4. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

upload_2024-1-23_22-51-17.png

15 lobbies on the first page. Only 2 "joinable" (no one joins lobbies in R session).

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

The simplest way to resolve this is to allow sorting and filtering by session. You can already sort and filter just about every other way.

7. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

and unfortunately 50% of the Q session is often no longer accessible.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. TurboHenk

TurboHenk Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The "last 2 minutes before the end of quali", which is in fact 6-7 minutes because:
    1. you cannot join 2 minutes before the end of the quali
    2. everyone still has 2-3 minutes to race until they are finished, depending on the track distance
    3. before the race starts it takes a another 2 minutes.

This is for me the biggest irritation of the multiplayer besides "stuck lobbies". WHY could we not join the session until the race starts? Why is limitation? Just add everyone in the end of the grid that joins in the last seconds, joining should be possible until the race is started, not everyone wants to finish the quali, many are happy to just being able to join the session/race and start on the end of the grid. I see so many racers joining the quali without qualifying at all.

I'm sure that this issue/limitation harms the multiplayer a lot, there are indeed already not much accessible lobbies, so the lobbies that are accessible should be joinable to the last 30 seconds. Otherwise people cannot find a lobby, quit AMS2 and launch a other title because AC for example doesn't suffer from this at all.

Please fix this! Thanks for considering Reiza!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Will try my best to go see the race at COTA in September and see the car from close if possible.. :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have my plane tickets ready already, went to the F1 race last year and really enjoyed it. Drove from Houston to San Antonio, then to to Austin, will probably do the same this year but for the WEC race. The difference in ticket prices from F1 is staggering!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Indeed :)
    And the bang for the buck is infinitely better for the WEC.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Lepegit870

Lepegit870 New Member

I don't understand F-ultimate G2. It feels nothing like a modern formula car. Isn't the reason a lot of people hate modern F1 because the cars are so 'on-rails', but this car just doesn't feel like that at all. Older ones do feel more like they are supposed to. Maybe ground effect needs more work? but it is kinda fun in its own way.

13. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It would also be nice if I could filter on "Non-Default settings" and "Authentic driving Aids", furthermore a non-changing MP profile is also very welcome

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

so what team have you tested for
    Alpha Tauri , Haas …Williams ?

• Funny Funny x 6
  15. Lepegit870

Lepegit870 New Member

of course I haven't, I just watch Formula One onboards and listen to people hate on the current seasons, because the cars are so on-rails.
    I cannot be the only one who thinks that looks very on-rails or am I? I'm not trying to hate I just don't like this particular car. I absolutely love the Formula Reiza for example, that just feels so spot on to me. But I mean I might be completely wrong, I haven't driven these or ever seen anyone who has say their opinion.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
  16. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Blocking access to and removing sessions which cannot be joined (races underway or sessions with less than 3 minutes to run) would lead to less frustration, time wasting and sever lag spikes with people attempting to join then leave sessions as well as cleaning up the list. I know some might want to spectate but it is a racing game after all, there are plenty of real sports on tv to watch instead.....

Another filter I´d like is for the endless hotlap servers. A solution would be to have a customisable session length filter e.g put max 30 minutes. Right now it is the Latin American precision definition of short, medium and long, which is great for measuring string.

17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Filtering out passworded servers would be cool, indeed. On certain times of day there's a little bit more of them, and often on some days too. Tuesday & Sunday are often league-day, so you see lots of locked servers. Races undergoing too. I would love that. However, sometimes I click on such a lobby to see if the race will end soon, so I can join.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I just want to emphasize how well the sound is now. The cars I normally drive sounds pretty amazing and it just motivates more to run the cars.

Big Thanks for the step up also in this matter to the Devs/Sound Experts.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 10
  19. DinoM

DinoM Member

I thought a little about this part. Are you saying that the development is directed more towards the opinion of the sims and not towards reality?

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  20. TKracer

TKracer Active Member

I dream the day one simracing title can get a proper quick join to work.

I just want to press quick join and boom im in qualy or hell even race be fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1