Does AMS2 support 5.1 audio? Will my setup work?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Sirius360, Jan 28, 2024.

1. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey guys

I would like to set up my old Logitech z-5500 5.1 system around my rig. My plan is to buy the Creative Sound Blaster X4 because my mobo has no 5.1 output and the PC is far away from my rig anyway. So the Creative Sound Blaster X4 will be connected to my USB-Hub from my rig, and three 3.5mm audio cables will go from the sound card to my Logitech speakers.

But before I buy the Creative Sound Blaster X4, I want to make sure that AMS2 supports 5.1. Can anyone confirm that it works, hopefully without any problems? Maybe some of you even have the Creative Sound Blaster X4 or X3?

Thanks

2. Zask

Zask New Member

3. Sirius360

Sirius360 Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you very much. Seems like the OP of your linked thread has problems with 5.1 and a creative soundcard. It seems he could't solve it and this scares me a bit. Does anyone use a creative soundcard (maybe even the Creative Sound Blaster X4) for 5.1 and has no problems?

4. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

I have a Creative Audigy RX, and have no issue, neither had in with my previous PC (the same card).

5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

You can see what sound system I have.
    And my Auzentech/Creative does output virtual surround 7.1 through my headphones.
    But its urgent that you does choose 7.1 in Windows own sound settings.
    And dont enable any of Windows socalled "advanced" virtual sound settings.
    And furthermore inside AMS2 keep the Headphone Mix to OFF.