1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

audio, dolby not supported?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MarcoMd, Apr 3, 2021.

1. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

hi,
    i just buoghts AMS2 and is AMAZING !!
    so nowi just found i "defect" so i want to ask if u have the same problem
    i've a dolby digital system with a Creative Card,
    so when a car is behind me or in front, let, right, u not feel the car that is passing u..i mean i not feelthe sound that is behind on the right or left.. i already modified the sound of the engine of the player to 100% but is not changed
    do u have this problem?
    is there a way to solve or is a bug that must be solved?
    if is a bug d'u know if they already posted or should i post in the bug setcion ?

any tips ?
    thx :)

2. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

I have no knowledge of Creative sound card. I can assure you though the sim is awesome in terms of surround sound placements.
    IE f1 / rear engined cars, engine sound coming from behind you. Tip Top.
    Collision sounds sides of car Tip top. Cars approaching from rear either sid tip top.
    Must be a setting your end likely.
    IN game check audio setting and that creative is selected as audio output, not montor or something else.
    it will be worth it when it works
    Q what model creative unit do u have? inbuilt to pc, ext
    do the outputs connect to amp,

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

hi
    i've sound blaster x-fi surround 5.1 pro
    is working well everywhere
    in AC work perfect (but i must admit that i'm not playing AC anymore, i prefer much more AMS2)
    i mean when i play AC for example or other games, but let's say AC, the car behind me i hear so clear if the car pass me on the right
    in AMS2 i even donno.. maybe i hear but is super low ?
    i even decrease my engin volume to 50-60 and left engine players to 100%
    the audio output is ok
    the creative is working .. for example the engine of my car i feel that is behind.. i feel clear that is behind the car but the other cars not
    i will test again.. if someone else has this problem can say me just to know
    thx

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

so i tried all. nothing.. like the engine players is not working. to hear just a bit i changed my engin to 15 and players to 100.. look like that the engine player volume is not working.. donno

5. Maser V6

OPEN VIDEO
    SEE Audio device in video hope this helps

6. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

mmm the video just show to select the audio card.. but the audio card is already selected.. if not select i didn't hear anything. mm look like a bug.. d'u know if there's a file that i can modify ? like 100 volume i want to increase to 200 or 300.. because if i select 15 volume of my engine and 100 of player engin. i hear a bit the sound of them. the problem is that than my engine is too low

7. Maser V6

Sounds real Odd to me. I could suggest, In steam, right click ams2 ,properties, files and then verify files and see if it finds missing files.
    As for changing files yourself I should think that's not req or even possible.
    Does card have audio levels in creative software
    Link is a help section .Troubleshooting - Automobilista 2
    There will be others with same hardware as yours on forum Im sure somebody will also respond to your post.

8. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

mm for now i think no solution
    i have also another soundcard.. realtek in the mainboar that is 5.1 but with this is worse.. i hear only the 2 speaker in front.. i think that the problem is that i'm using spid cable.. because is connected to the home theater and maybe is not supporting dolby.. in creative cards because most of the games can have problems there is an option dolby digital live, that if u select let dolby work in every game that support dolby.. so infact dolby is working everywhere exept ASM2.. i noted some people in steam say that can't hear engineer voice or voice from pit.. my question is: does exist voice from pit stop or engineer? i never hear this voices.. so i think that dolby is not working and i'm missing some channels..
    actually i did all.. reinstalled the sound card
    removed the sound card and used the realtek
    nothing is working..
    too bad, becasue to don't feel the car behind u that is pressing u let lose a part of immersion with vr
    i will continue to investigate.. is someone has a suggestion please write here
    thx

9. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

i see that in project cars2 many had the same problem.. look like this game not support dolby digital...
    if is surround u can hear the sound from behind but digital if i remember right is each sound in a speacker.. for example if someone stay behind u on the right u clearly hear from the right and u hear that is moving from behing to front.. i decreased much other volumes and i left opposite engine to 100 and i noted that if the car is behind u can't feel where is and when the car pass u u can't feel .. so look like there is no support to dolby digital

10. Maser V6

Ams2 and pc2 pc1 all work here on 7.1, 5.1 etcwith all dolby mode options like cinema, thx,game, atmos etc. hdmi to amp
    sounds more of realtech driver, dolby digital live thing?
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)
    Maybe worth a look, and checking sound in wind 10 can also diagnose. If I r click on speaker icon I have options to choose and can also select 2 ,, 2.1 .5.1 7.1. Will check back after I look later.

11. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

is working with every game.. if was the sound card i think problem to all the game
    my sound card is not realtek, is creative

12. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

anyway i have also the realtek to test.. i will let u know
    thx

13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I think this will dissapoint you - but I havent seen that either pCars2 or AMS2 can output real Dolby Digital signals.
    Your soundcard is able to ENCODE an input and spit out as example Dolby Digital - OK.
    But this is aimed at sourcing a surround system capable of DECODING this format - but that doesnt help you if AMS2 is not able to output this Dolby format originally.
    Dolby Digital is as the name tells a digital format where the different channels is completely separated from each other - while the socalled surround 4.0 or 5.1 is some more "simple" formats where the channel separation is not so high as the DD format - and where the encoding are not following the Dolby Digital format.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Maser V6

project.jpg
    LINK #1
    AMS2 should be /is no different probably better (and is for me) with newer dolby software. HDMI to amp is best.
    (and can also be done without hdmi arc) use 2 hmdi cables 1 to monitor 1 to amp
    Optical has issues

15. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

infact i'm using optical.. anyway.. just some updates.. before as i said i try also realtek but with realtek the audio was only from front.. than i visited the website that u give and than i found a patch.. with the patch i hear sounds from behind but like the creative.. very low.. so (maybe some of u if curious can try) i decreased all the sounds to 0 and left only opponent engine to 100.. then i saw that when u arrive near a car.. so if the car is in front of u u hear the sound also from the rear speakers..
    usually when is like that if i remember right is Dolby Sorround.. when is Digital each speaker can make different sounds
    but anyway when i search in internet i saw many people had this problem with pc2
    whatever ASM2 is the only game not working good with my 2 sounds cards
    now i must admit that i'm tired to study and i will race !!!
    than if someone has some idea can suggest me
    P.:S. the link that u sent for realtek is very useful because i donno if u know but with realtek cards many many people has the problem that can't heat sounds from rear speakers.. infact usually creative is the solution without go crazy

16. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

ha i forgot to say.. the display of the home theater when i open AMS2 say that is in Dolby Digital .. but i not feel

17. BrunoB

OK I stand corrected.:eek:
    Didnt know that both pCars2 and thereby also AMS2 supported Dolby Digital.
    Then its just a matter of messing with correct settings to get DD out to the speakers :whistle:

ByTheWay: On my own Creative based Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1 I use the virtual CMSS surround headphone downmix. But maybe I should now check the AMS2 DD out:D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. BrunoB

@MarcoMd Maybe you should have a look here - sounds like this guy knows some tricks to get DD to work with a Creative card too.
    No more Dolby Digital live from external Creative X-Fi 5.1 Pro

19. MarcoMd

MarcoMd Member

as i sai i have dolby in every game working, and i have 2 dolby sound card, both same problem
    i hear the car behind but not hear that is from left right behind .. something like that.. if u remove all the sounds in the game and leave only the opponent engine u will see that when a car is in front of u u hear also from the rear speaker, at least this happen to me with 2 differecnt cards and only in ASM2

20. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I read that there are gaming headsets on the market which use Dolby Atmos to enable „realistic“ virtual surround sound BUT I also read that only a few games are supported. I think AMS2 is not supported, right?
    So will I have no surround sound at all in AMS2 if I would buy such a headset which uses Dolby Atmos only and NOT Virtual Dolby 7.1 for example…?