Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Has it been confirmed these are coming to AMS2?
    Please tell me this is possible.

2. HijabiKathy

HijabiKathy Active Member

The only circuits missing from the 1969 to 1972 World Sportscar Championships, is Sebring, and the Targa Florio

Cars are a little more lacking with the Corvette and BMW in Touring Car 60s being the only ones we have, so far

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As I remember right, Tyrrell mounted front tires at the rear at Hockenheim in 1996, but with no success;)

4. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Has nothing to do with the performance or driving aids of this car. The steering, braking and stability of this car is not good. I stand by it, the physics of this car are bad:p

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Matus Celko

Matus Celko Active Member

Oh, as a sw dev I 'love' when people pull out the 'only' word :D
    So combining the two classes into one, without any other adaptations, would basically mean that you'll end up with unrealistic wide wing range, you sack the nice feature of having different models for low downforce tracks, and end up with a default setup that is totally worthless for low downforce tracks. Which then present another headache to the devs, because people not touching the setups in significant way will feel that the AI is very much faster than they are, and report it. So, atleast, it's additional effort of filtering out these issues from the ones where AI is really not consitent with different tracks.

What is the benefit? So you could have more freedom in time trial?

Yeah, I have the feeling the way things are now brings more benefits to the general playerbase compared to having a single class only.

Oh, and allowing you to select different aero package variant wouldn't help your case, because as the game is concerned, these are separate classes, so I guess they would have separate time trial tracking.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

How is it bad ?? With zero practice i drove the car for just 3 laps against the AI at Kansai West and even with minimal tweaks to the default setup, the car feels amazing. Using a T300RS with the rFuktor 5.0.1.3 custom FFB. You just need to learn how to drive it mate.
    EDIT: And "funny" reacting to a response isn't exactly going to help your arguments either.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

V1.5.5.6 is now officially out, and save for any unforeseen issue it should be a wrap- updated changelog below.

V1.5.5.6 CHANGELOG

GENERAL
    • Added increase pit status weighting of max visible vehicles selection
    • Turned off start lights when there is a full course yellow
    • Fixed crash when accessing rules screen directly from MP lobby (already hotfixed for main release)

PHYSICS
    • Minor tire tread adjustments for F-Retro Gen3, Lancer Cup, Copa Classics, Copa Uno, Hot Cars
    • Further minor tire tread adjustments to GT3 (both gens), GTE, GT4, GT5, GT Open, G55 Supercup, G40 Cup, Mini JCW UK, Sprint Race, StockV8 (all seasons), Super V8, Caterham Superlight & Supersport
    • Further adjustments to drafting effects (reducing shape of the wake generated by the car in front so car behind needs to be more squarely behind it to get the draft & dirty air effects)
    • Revised FFB for F-Junior, F-HiTech (both gens), F-V12, F-V10 (both gens), Caterhams (all models), Street Hyper, Street Super, Street Camaro SS

AI
    • Adjusted AI corridors for several tracks & corrected V1.5.5.5 error causing many of the corridors to be narrower than intended
    • Further adjustments to AI tire wear & resulting performance degradation
    • Generally increased AI loss of performance from running slicks on a wet track
    • Further adjustments to AI overtaking thresholds
    • Adjusted thresholds for AI to concede position when challenged
    • Further adjustments to AI pull out rate for more fluid overtaking moves
    • Further adjustments to AI brake usage for GTE, GT3, LMDh, P1 (both gens), F-Classic (all gens), F-HiTech (both gens)
    • Adjusted AI launch performance for Brabham BT52, F-Classic Gen1 Model2, Mclaren MP4/5B, MP4/7 & further adjusted MP4/6
    • Removed / reduced AI speed boosters at Bathurst 2020, Buenos Aires 6S, Nurburgring GP, Silverstone GP, Donington & Oulton Park (all layouts)
    • Hockenheim 1988: Fixed a problem with retired opponent vehicles or debris unable to return to the garage, becoming stuck on the track.
    • Interlagos (all layouts) added minor AI corridor fraction adjustment
    • Further AI calibration pass for F-USA Speedway variants (all gens)
    • AI calibration pass for F-Junior, F-Ultimate Gen2, Copa Classic FL, Hot Cars, GT5, Ginetta G40 Cup

TRACKS
    • Hockenheim 1977: Fixed garage dividers hidden in some session; Reversed the pit box order
    • Hockenheim 1988: Fixed duplicate crowds in race weekend
    • Kansai: Minor adjustments to Digital flag placement

VEHICLES

• Corrected height offset in several Copa Classic models setting them higher than they should
    • Porsche 911 RSR 74: updated tach values
    • McLaren Senna: Fixed missing glass roof issue
    • Cadillac DPi: Fixed missing cockpit details issue

• Like Like x 36
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. gdubmx

gdubmx Member AMS2 Club Member

@Renato Simioni you guys hard work on ams2 is commendable. Thank each and every one of you at Reiza HQ! The work day will soon be over and rig seat will once again be in action for a couple of hours.. Again :)

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh boy!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My server browser is almost empty after the main branch update just now, including a missing RCO server that should've just spun up. Feels like yesterday when I was on the releasecandidate branch trying to reach main branch servers, except this time I'm on main branch. Does this require a server update as well, or did something wrong slip into the main branch update, or am I just being a dumb? :confused:

11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe tonight a tad more. I guess not everyone has updated it including the empty servers. I see 10 servers at the moment.

12. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Typical example of someone who intentionally misuse a single word to be able to outpour ones own more or less irrelevant oppinions hiding behind: Oh and be aware Im a sw dev too.:whistle:
    Where do I use the word "only"?
    I use it to destinguish between countless features and variables Im only talking about reducing 2 different setup modes to 1.
    "countless features and variables"
    vs 1 single problem.
    You probable have to be a sw dev if you cant se the irony in confusing or substituting these 2 more or less contradictive notions. Countless against 1. :rolleyes:
    The irony here is that in real life this "unrealistic" wide wing range does exactly exist for teams. :D
    Covering both Monaco and (if it was allowed to drive) the old Monza oval layout.

ByTheWay: To the contrary of all the people who feel its more or less blasphemy to even ask this question. Haha to even ASK a fair question. Then I have allready in my orig post pretty relaxed opened up if this minor nuisance is because of some internal issue in the Madness engine. If it is then no problem by moi :p

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  13. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ah. Could've sworn this was more seamless in the past, but maybe I just haven't paid enough attention. :oops:

14. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well coming back to exactly this. Have just tried this combo again after latest beta and main build update. Starting from the back with full grid @ 120% Max Aggression. Its a walk over! Im in first by lap 11 and maintaining after that, thats going out on default set up. Couple of setup tweaks and im in first by lap 7 and maintaing easily. I will make a report in the A.I. thread. Sadly for me, im finding alot of class'es have pretty slow A.I. However I've noticed a good improvement in the Copa Classics FL!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Marg

Marg Active Member

In my opinion this update 1.5.5.6 has made F-USA Gen1 and Gen3 I think all gens of F-USA worse on ovals - superspeedways, I tested Fontana, and there are minimum overtakes, seems that narrower slipstream, this wake behind the car, is making the cars stay behind another car and not be able to overtake (at least if cars have comparable speeds first second third place). no Hanford wing effect (Gen1 did not have that, but overtakes should happen).

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

This is simply not true. I believe you think that the only difference between a Monaco and a Monza prepared F1 car is simply setting a higher rear wing angle at Monaco, when in reality teams bring physically different parts to these two events. The front and the rear wing is different as some other parts, like winglets, fins or cooling ducts as well. These are not merely setup changes but actually different parts. Teams could transport high downforce config part to a low downforce track but would they do that when they know that those parts won't be used?

Honestly, it's so easy to make a google search to find comparison photos which would probably convince you that what AMS2 does is a more realistic approach, but I'm a bit sceptical at this point that you would acknowledge that you're wrong. At least worth a try doing a google search...

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There aint no difference between the high and low downforce versions of the car, nothing, nadda! The only difference is that some of the low DF versions of cars simply wont let you put the wing as many clicks up as the High DF version will, thats it! Infact on some of the low DF versions there is no difference even in range of wing adjustment, its just a slightly different default set up. Some of the low DF versions of cars look different from the high DF versions.. Thats all it is though, its purely graphical. You take the Porsche Group C, the high and low DF versions look different, they aint though. Take both versions, reduce the wings vents and everything down to zero on both, so they are both on exactly the same setup and guess what... No difference in handling, speed, top speed, nothing, no difference at all!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. IronManAB78

IronManAB78 Member

I was talking about real life, as Bruno stated that real teams have the same range of setup possibilities at LD tracks as at HD tracks.

• Like Like x 1
  19. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob Member

You didn't catch the details of the Handford Device being implemented onto the rear main planes? :D

20. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

On the contrary you dont even have to google anything my good man.
    Just read what Im saying. READ. That is much easier :D
    I have allready posted that Im not interested in possible graphical differences between low/high downforce setups/cars. I DONT care if the car looks the same.
    The ONLY :p:p thing Im saying is that its a nuisance there is 2x different setup modes.
    When there could be ONLY be one.
    No reason to complicate what Im saying. Hehe maybe because of some strange underlying agenda to "prove" that my humble question would be sooo terrible complicated to introduce.

ByTheWay: Maybe to simplify my humble question even further then Im more or less only talking about reducing 2 wing settings sequence to 1. Covering both low/high downforce modes.
    Haha oh that must sound even more complicated for as example a sw dev.:rolleyes:

• Dislike Dislike x 9
    • Like Like x 1