Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

o_Oo_Oo_O Did... did you really take that as an insult?? I'm pretty sure Tom was referring to this snippet:
    Because the way you phrased it, it seems as if you're saying AMS2 is the worst sim. I was confused at first too ngl. I believe you were in fact referring to iRacing being the worst at regaining grip, right?

• Agree Agree x 7
  2. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree and this is why I enjoy AMS2 the most among all current sims, it gives you a lot of input, response and control of the car throughout corners. Is it the most realistic? I have no idea. Is it unrealistic? I have no idea. Is it fun and immersive? Hell Yeah!!

I posted on a Beta thread how David Coulthard said on his podcast that racing cars are always gliding and drifting through corners, because the tires are at the limit of adhesion. The most "famous" of racing sims (Iracing) is the worst IMHO on that regard, it almost feels like an on/off switch with the tires. It feels very good, until you drift a bit on the corners and it's incredibly difficult to catch even on the slower cars.

Anyhow, I think that no matter what Reiza do, you can't please everyone, and there are people with set preconceptions and just used to their favorite sim, that it's a lost cause to convert them with the physics alone.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

To not be too misunderstood ;) then Im using AMS2 for a reason.
    Because eventhough I feel/think no commercial racing game get this loosing/regaining grip behaviour correct then I feel AMS2 (and rF2) are closest to react believable.
    I guess in AMS2 its because the plateau where you are about loosing grip are rather broad.
    Hehe in iRacing its like moving up on a friendly hill and then suddenly realise that the hill did end in a steep mountainside. Mostly realised it too late. Ups :p

4. Jehuty

Jehuty Active Member

Hello to all,
    i was wondering if some Reiza devs came here: it's plan to add the blinking lights when we go into the pits ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Spinninggenius

Spinninggenius New Member

Question on the bundle for season pass owners - can it only be purchased once? So all future DLC would have to be purchased at full price?

6. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Default profiles are a little vague around the center and that could be one reason why entering a corner is vague, but their are miles await from where they started.
    Today is possible to have a reasonable experience with Default profiles.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

What I was intending to communicate/ask, was how/why would you be using anything other than full authentic settings? "You" meaning someone who is knowledgeable about race car dynamics and spends time in sims and comments in a forum about realism, etc.

If any of us wants to nit-pick car and tire modelling behaviours, simcade assistance settings cannot be used. Those generic aids cause all sorts of issues (auto clutch and auto shifting are two others) with the myriad different realistic drive train permutations in AMS 2. We want them to be there for newbies, but those are not the people here (generally) commenting on arcane details of the simulation aspects of AMS 2 or other titles.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Burl

Burl Member

How would you know if you drive better than him, and what in your brain tells you that something like that is relevant? I don't know how you do it, but every single word you speak manages to be the most irritating, childish thing I've ever read.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Because turning off the "simcade assistance" disables TC and ABS totally. They are not in fact "simcade assistance" but an integral part of the very confusing method in which PC2 and AMS2 implement driver aids that has never been fully explained by the devs and apparently not even properly understood by the beta testers to this day.

• Like Like x 2
  10. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Mybe I am misunderstanding something big time, but I think Marc Collins is referring to the fact that in driving assistance options, if you choose "authentic", then the option to have "high/low TC" or ABS is greyed out, and this gives you the opportunity to play with TC and ABS clicks in the vehicle as per real car.
    upload_2024-2-21_9-14-46.png
    To my experience, using the baked in ABS and TC provided by the madness engine (not the authentic one) is a completely different experience.
    Again, if I misunderstood I apologize.

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

The problem as I understand it is the driver aids are bugged and Reiza has not been able to fix the issue. They turn on and off seemingly at random on a session by session and player by player basis and the only effective workaround is to bind keys to toggle them on and off manually. Then you can select high or low as you toggle through. The bug also means you sometimes get aids on cars that shouldn´t have them, even if you have selected realistic aids.

Until Reiza fully understand and fix the issue it is always going to plague races and affect realism.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Regarding the "slidey" behavior instead pointed out by James Baldwin, and many others, I think it is something related to the default setups of cars and how these setups interact with the underlying physics.
    What I want to say is just that AMS2 is a simulation platform that allows to have the same car behaving in a completely different way just by changing some setup key parameters (first of all differential and springs).
    As an example, I made an experiment yesterday.
    I jumped in an online race (Brands Hatch, gt3 gen1) with the 911 and I used my "planted/understeery" setup with TC set to 0 and ABS set to 1.
    I only raised TC to 3 in the last lap because I started to have overheating rears, and the TC "cured" rear temperatures in 1 lap.
    Just check the video of the replay here below. I drove pretty aggressively, stomping the throttle out of corners, because it felt "safe" and I could push more in braking zones, corner entry with trail braking.
    Please notice how the wheel behaves during corner exit, compared to 99% of the AMS2 videos that you see online, where as soon as throttle is applied, the wheel goes countersteering or just straight because of the rotation given by the rear tires slightly drifting.
    I am not at all saying this is "wrong".
    Some prefer an oversteery setup, some prefer a more understeery setup, some prefer a well balanced setup.
    I am just saying that I think that today "AMS2" is felt as the "oversteery-drifty-slidey" sim, because default setups on most vehicles are leaning towards the "oversteery-very lively" side.
    But it is a platform that allows you to setup the car to be "planted-understeery-safe" with just some clicks.
    I just think this is not well conveyed as of today to the "public".

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Honestly probably the best solution would be to have "Balanced" and "Aggressive" default setups like ACC does. Granted that would be a LOT of work (maybe outsource to community?), but it would give people who don't like oversteery setups another option - which would in turn lead to less complaints.

Though oversteery setups are still the better option since they allow more rotation but that's just my $0.02 :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

You sir have a serious attitude problem.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think getting drunk and stealing a police car still the best sim

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Redvaliant

Redvaliant Well-Known Member

This turned up in the last update. Any idea what it means? 20240215212036_1.jpg

19. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you alt-tab or some other application steals focus from the game, the game will pause. (Obviously won't pause a multiplayer session.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Afaik if is set to "yes" whenever you alt+tab out of the game the game keeps running, so you can let AI take over for you during a long race, alt+tab out of the game and go do something else.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1