Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

[Edit 2: Since I am using Authentic settings, because that's what I prefer, I have not once touched the generic/simcade ABS or TC settings. There is no need to ever adjust or touch these. But perhaps that's why I have never had a problem? Stop fiddling with them and whatever remnant bugs there might be that cross-over between the real ABS and TC may not bother you.

[​IMG]

Won't be near my rig for quite a while, but I don't remember even being able to adjust them (as per the pic provided by @pimpi84). Do any of you still have the ability to adjust the three settings when "Authentic" is chosen?]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Only in-race when pressing "K" (the TC assist shortcut) and as I said earlier

I don't think it's a big issue so long as this "bug" isn't effecting multiplayer as for me, (an exclusively singleplayer racer) it's had no noticeable effect.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

So if you don't fiddle with the keyboard shortcut, the settings remain "authentic?" I never use those keyboard shortcuts, either, since I am using "Authentic" where those three items are supposed to be disabled.

If the bug is simply that manually adjusting the supposedly disabled simcade aids actually adjusts them or turns them back on, I get why Reiza hasn't resolved it, yet. Just stop touching the settings or keyboard shortcuts and carry-on enjoying properly-working authentic settings. At some point it would be great if the keyboard shortcuts were also disabled when Authentic is selected, but in the meantime it's pretty easy to just not use them.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Well-Known Member

Edit:

nvm, seems like this is related to some short cut key Assists or something. Only use "Authentic" and never use such short cuts so never came across it and unlikely to I guess.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
  5. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Trust me, you're not the only one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lucifer_sam

I will elaborate since it seems like its needed. My theory is that the in-car TCS overrides the "high/low" setting, this theory is backed up by Wu!'s post on page 104. I genuinly belive it is just a visual pop up that has ZERO EFFECT ON THE CAR's TCS WHEN USING "AUTHENTIC". I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

I'm sorry if I sound frustrated or disrespectful. But frankly it's because I am incredibly frustrated at the moment. My WHOLE POINT is that I think it's just a visual thing, that's what I've been trying to say since I first started talking about this and the only thing I've wanted to say since this convo started.

7. Xenix74

Xenix74 Member

hello Reiza.... Please say a few words about this TC/ABS mystery.

When things stay so quiet in the developers' corner, you get the feeling that they don't know themselves and would rather remain silent instead of saying something wrong...

8. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

It´s not that simple, Marc. As mentioned here and in the bug report section multiple times, the issue is in an game bug that occasionally turns off driver assists on cars that should have them and vice versa. This happens at the start of a session (most frequently moving from practice to race) and is on a player by player basis. It happens when the player has selected authentic aids and has not fiddled with the on/off keys, I can confirm because it has happened to me.

Reiza claimed to have resolved it in late 2022, in version 1.4.3, indeed it doesn´t seem to happen in single player mode anymore, at least to me it hasn´t. However in MP it still does. Keybinding the ON/OFF TC and ABS was Reiza´s suggested workaround to the issue. Here is the patchnotes thread where it is mentioned. (point 6 in general) One curious thing is I have never seen it with stability control (makes sense as this is not standard on any car), only ABS or TC. You could get a case with a GT4 car where TC works but ABS disappears or vice versa and you could get a case where an LMDH has ABS when it shouldn´t. No buttons were pressed for that to happen.

Automobilista 2 V1.4.3.3 & Racin´ USA Pt3 Officially Released!

It came back for me in January 2023 after this patch and I informed @CrimsonEminence as much by direct message asking for further investigation and since then never got any reply to the last message.

https://forum.reizastudios.com/conversations/assists-bug-cause.2486/

I have a feeling the cause could be something to do with a conflict between the lobby setting and that of the player but it has happened when both are set to authentic. IIRC there is an incongruency in the multiplayer lobby details UI screen where it says the lobby is set to authentic but that TC and ABS are also ON, really they should be greyed out as per your menu above - maybe that is something to look at. I have not tested it when the lobby has been set to aids OFF/NONE or aids ON/ALL nor when the lobby room master changes between sessions.

To reproduce the bug, it is usually a question of playing enough times and moving from session to session till it appears. It used to appear even when quitting a session and going to the UI menu e.g. to change sound but that seems to have been fixed. Because the bug affects only some players in a session, those are at a massive disadvantage if they lose the aids or indeed at an advantage if they get free aids on cars that shouldn´t have them even with authentic enabled by the room master.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

And I agree that the TC/ABS/ESP ON/OFF keybinds should be disabled from working when the player has authentic aids activated in the gameplay menu but only once the original bug has been fixed 100% as otherwise it is removing the only workaround that mitigates the bug.

The easiest way to test it would be to run multiple races with practice, qually and race sessions using gt3 or gt4 cars until someone in the room gets it. Perhaps mix the player settings so some are using authentic, others assists on and others assists off and have the lobby set to authentic. Could it be that other players´ settings are being transposed to ours like happens with country flags, for instance?

10. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

the bug will occur in TT mode when restarting the session.
    will not happen after a game restart with the exact same car and track combo.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

It also happens in SP mode (sometimes it happens many times in a row, when restarting the race). Most of the time, everything is fine.

Also, I do need to go to car setup for it to load my previous setup. Before, I didn't have to do anything, the previous one was automatically loaded.
    Also, everytime I select a DLC car, it is not selected anymore when I return to sim, Stock 2020 or 2022 is loaded instead. Since I always do multiclass races, I have to select the desired car AND go into multiplayer and deselect Stock car... a pain.

Hope the new UI Reiza is cooking is because this one doesn't work properly, because if the new UI uses the same engine, we're in big trouble... :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Ok here is a simple poll where people can say whether they have had the bug or not.

AMS 2 Assists bug

Responses require input of an email address to avoid spammers and multiple entries.

When the results come through and if there are enough replies, perhaps Reiza ahould organise a test session with those affected to help reproduce it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nah, it's more likely that either A. They are hard at work and focusing on it.
    B. They are taking a little break after crunch.

I haven't experienced this assist bug, I use authentic. I have seen the tc hud momentarily flash sometimes but it's not actually working.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Regarding the Stock car bug after starting the game - please check that all files and folders inside Automobilista 2 My Documents folder do not have Read-only option ticked. Somebody suggested this in this forum and it worked for me as well.
    In my case Automobilista 2 folder wasn't Read-only but some files and folders inside were.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

If we're talking about the assists bug, one thing that it's worth mentioning is that in online it seems to be lobby based. If anyone gets it, the entire lobby will have it. This seems to be the case the majority of the time, when I play with my group of friends and it happens for any of us we all have to do the fix (go to the options menu, change the assists from authentic to off, then back to authentic). It happens so often it kinda became a thing we all do before we start any races, since once you're in the race it's a bit too late to do it unless you stop and open the menu and do it there.

• Informative Informative x 3
  16. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I don't think it's worth making a poll because:
    1. the problem is random (for me at least)
    2. Reiza knows about it
    The problem is identifying the root.

17. Lucifer_sam

I like your thinking! Though I do think it'd be a bit better if you had 3 questions: Do you experience this bug in multiplayer? Do you experince this bug in single player? and Do you experience this bug in TT mode? All three with the answers yes, no, and "I don't play this mode often enough to answer" because that's where I feel a large chunk of the confusion lies.

18. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

Some people (even testers) were saying the problem was fixed so the reason for the poll was to disprove that. Once enough people have answered hopefully there will be formal acknowedgement the problem still exists and then they can try to fix it.

I wanted to keep the poll simple, when we see if it really is widespread i can refine it and ask deeper questions but I think the key is being able to reproduce the bug in real gameplay situations to help find what triggers it and to do that Reiza are going to need people to help possibly by setting up some lobbies to test for it.

19. whokilledduncan

whokilledduncan Active Member AMS2 Club Member

But Reiza are fully aware there is still a problem. They fixed "the" cause that was identified a while back but then it became clear that there was more than just that one cause. (Paraphrasing a member of the dev team).

I'm not at all suggesting there is no value in the poll, just that it's not needed to convince Reiza there is still an issue there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The issue is known but hard to be reproduced reliably so far.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 3