Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

No joy.
    Renamed the directory, launched the game, did a quick controllers setup and when for Le Mans with LMDh+GT3. A new directory is created. So far so good.
    Re-launched the game... there it is, Stock Car selected :(

In my case, this is a 'recent bug' (a few months now).
    I'm not in the mood to deleted everything and start all over again just to get the same problem reemerging.
    Perhaps "Madness Engine" was named after their employed coding technics ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  2. kivipallur1

kivipallur1 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ok, for testing purposes I did the same and deleted the Automobilista 2 folder and new one was made after starting the game. Like with you, Stock car bug is there. Now when I right click on this freshly made folder and click properties I can see Read-only ticked. If I un-tick it, everything works well and the bug is gone. Did you check the read-only status in folder properties?

In my previous post I said I had files and subfolders read only, not the Automobilista 2 folder but it was actually the folder, I remembered it wrong.

Edit: I have Windows 11 23H2, but I had this bug first time before 23H2 update. Probably with some AMS2 1.5.5.* update, I don't remember exactly.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

This could be pretty urgent for the guys reporting that as example the controller mapping isnt saved or the same issue considering their TT laptimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joaquim Pereira

Did try again with your suggestion, same thing. I even went further to see who's the owner of the directory (most probably it came from my last PC which is another user), but it seems to be the same as the newly created one.
    I also didn't had this bug before, a few months ago.
    Thanks anyaway.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  5. Wu!

Wu! Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for that, it did fix my issue with the ever present stock car. Saved me from manually editing the grid over and over until eternity.

Also had an awesome race vs the AI after that on Le Mans with 9 classes (don’t ask, I’m weird) but I did find out Thunderflash’s GT1 and LMP2 mods work very well together on Le Mans. Had the AI set a bit too low apparently for my LMP2 class, but I ended up in a battle for the outright win with my LMP2 Honda. Ended the race with 0.5 liters of fuel remaining and 2 GT1 Toyotas chasing me relentlessly for the last stint, was pretty good.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Gazzawesty

Gazzawesty Skunkedup AMS2 Club Member

I don't have the spare buttons on my wheel to map the assists and I always end up in a race with no TC/abs when I should have it. Then I map the buttons so that I can fix the bug. It's alright saying don't mess with buttons but if that's the case it's pot luck whether I have real car systems.

The game will never be taken seriously as a SIM if we can't do away with game aids.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You should treat yourself to a button box, there are plenty around, this is easily fixable and more 'sim' like to have buttons mapped to such things.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I recommend a stream deck XL

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Joaquim Pereira

I highly recommend lots of buttons!! :D
    Besides the wheel's buttons, I have 12x2 available to sims + 4x2 available to SimHub duties.
    It's not enough!!! :cool: I recently sugested AMS2 to have the possibility of multiple actions been associated to a single button, just in case :whistle:

upload_2024-2-26_18-52-8.png

Here it's not my current setup (but at least boxes are turned on)
    upload_2024-2-26_18-58-18.png

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 5
  10. Chillblast

Chillblast Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm going to need a link to the button boxes my guy

11. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

"How about a Reiza segment of Crank It Up?"

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wished you could assign multiple actions to buttons: on long-press, double quick press, even triple quick press...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How do you get static cameras?

14. TomLehockySVK

Watch replay or "monitor" the race, select stationary camera and press the + symbol on your keyboard and keep pressing it until you find one static camera on a track. Some tracks have them, some don't. Had to trial and error my way to find them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It would be interesting to know what HIGH/LOW means in the grand scheme of things of the "Authentic" settings and when you have already the TC setting in the garage.
    It would also be nice to have at some point realistic TC settings in the garage where you can set independently TC Slip and TC Gain or TC Long and TC Lateral depending on the real cars strategy (reminding that different cars are using or way or the other to manage their TC, typical examples are the Fefe 488 and Porsche 911 using different parameters as noted above).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

True but it took Raceroom 10 years to implement that and some cars still have fixed values so there is a long way to go.

I´d rather they fixed the bug first before potentially making things worse by putting new features in.

17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

This bug likely happens when realistic aids are switched off, and ABS/TC are forced on, while the user has it on realistic aids switched on in it's own gameplay-options. For now I just suggest to bind ABS/TC on your left & right arrow on the keyboard and go from 'Off-high-low' to switch them back on. use Low, because I don't know what High does. Ideally I think Off/High/Low should be removed and only keep a 'On/off' until the bug has been trapped by a big boot for good. I must say I haven't encountered this bug personally for a couple of weeks, but everyone has it's own pc and configuration. I would see the 'cheat-aids' totally gone actually. :oops:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 5
  18. TomLehockySVK

When i used to host races in my own league the no ABS/TC bug was happening when assists were set to "Authentic" and the aids turned off. Not sure how it happens now but we had it this way and it kept happening once every 3 or 4 races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

That´s what I do. I agree the high low setting just creates more bug possibilities than what it solves. In my last online race, Authentic aids an ABS were on in the lobby UI (this should not be possible for starters) and I had ABS on a 70s single seater for practice but then it disappeared in the race and could not be activated (as should be the case). My own personal gaemplay setting is only authentic aids.

I reckon that is the root of the issue, if the room master chooses authentic aids then any other individual aids have to go to off automatically, that´s a given otherwise there is a conflict. Ideally instead of the general authentic aids option, I´d remove that and add factory/authentic to each individual one. That might indeed solve the bug as it would eliminate one possible conflict. The next step would be to invalidate personal gameplay aids options in MP so only the lobby ones are applied. That would be something like what happens with camera views if the room master activates only cockpit views and the player has an external cam as default.

20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've got the stock car bug as well, highly annoying. I also notice that every time I exit, I get a small 6.1kb update from steam, wonder if that is resetting it?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2024