Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You could try the line above that one,
    (kerbs_surface_scale 9.0)
    This will make them more or less exaggerated. Try 8.0 to see if that softens it too much. Then just adjust from there to get it where you like it.

2. Marnus Zwarts

Marnus Zwarts Boost Creep AMS2 Club Member

Don't know, but macro_details gives more/less kerb effect

3. Donovan Sonnier

Donovan Sonnier New Member

I am on a fanatech CSL DD. After trying all of the most popular ffb files here, I haven’t been able to get a feel that I like compared to games like Le Mans Ultimate. Le Mans Ultimate has such a quicker response on the tires whereas AMS just feels sluggish and like there’s a weight dangling from each side of my wheel. I have tried a lot of the different versions of rFuktor, the Danielkart files, the fullFFB, among a few others I’ve found.

none of them felt very pointy or informative. They all felt dull and sluggish and it was difficult to tell what the car was doing. In LMU when you take a high speed corner where the tires are fighting for grip you can feel it each time the tires bounce as they fight to maintain grip. I guess I’m looking for the fastest response ffb that I can get.

Thanks in advance for any help. I am really trying to like this game as the AI are a lot of fun to race against.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Have you used the correct settings and have you tried Kuku’s file?

5. Donovan Sonnier

I tried Kukus tuned rfuktor file and I’ve tried all ffb files with the recommended in game settings.

6. Racinglegend1234

Also with their recommended Fanatec settings?

7. Donovan Sonnier

I think so. I’ve used their fanatec settings when I’ve seen them but I don’t think every file I’ve tried has recommended fanatec settings. Thanks for helping by the way.

8. Racinglegend1234

Well removing the inertia and dampening in the Fanatec settings could help, but also increasing FX helps. I use Kuku’s file with my CSL DD and IMO it’s very informative

9. Donovan Sonnier

I do feel it is more informative than the default and default + profiles, but it felt sluggish to me. It didn’t feel snappy or responsive.

10. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

In file
    try reducing ( rack_friction )
    And then increasing ( centering )

11. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

12. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

You are not the first to want to copy a simulation. Like everyone else, you will fail because Ams2 will always be Ams2 with its own physics and FFB. The hype around Le Mans is huge. Also through the countless YouTubers who feed their fanboys. My tip to your question: If you like a simulation, stick with it and don't try to copy anything. And in the end it comes down to personal taste. You think it's good, I think it's bad and rate it as a 1:1 rf2 mod. You see, it's all very subjective and everyone has a different opinion about it;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

One thing you can try, and is not FFB related, is to increase steering sensitivity - I haven't try LMU yet but rF2 steering is much more sensitive around the center. In AMS2, going from default 50 to 75-100 will get you closer to what rF2 (LMU?) does.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. AlejandroC

AlejandroC New Member

Thanks! I will do more testing to see if I get to a good point.

Thank you very much! I have tried your changes to the file and I like them. Fanatec settings are similar than what I had already. I have switched to PEAK because I find it stronger as you say, and I have FFB strength set to 100% and Force Effect Intensity to 70 (too much rattling at 100 for my taste).

I have tried with the Porsche GT3 Gen 2 and definitely it feels more planted and less slippery. I have a better feeling of what the car is doing with this file and wheel settings, so I will keep trying with other cars and tracks to see if it does the trick for me :)

15. lm79

lm79 New Member

upload_2024-3-2_23-17-16.png
    Ok, looks I use Default+. Is Default+ correct and are those the correct settings? What I noticed: the resistance and so on is fine, but I'd like to have more difference between "everything is alright" and "you are losing it".

16. Racinglegend1234

I would remove the low force boost

17. Handpflegecreme

Handpflegecreme Member AMS2 Club Member

This Thread is for custom FFB settings. You can find here suggestions and files for the custom ffb. You should read post #1 how to turn on the custom ffb and test some files.
    You can finde the files here Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations
    Maybe you'll find what you want.
    To test different files easily you can use madnesstool, so you don't always have to rename the files.https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/madness-tool-custom-ffb-and-profile-manager.11562/

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all, here's my latest file Hybrid V3, i've gone deeper into the changes in this one and am quite pleased with the results.
    Gain 65
    Lfb 0
    Fx 25 ish
    Damp 0
    Cheers.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. easy81

easy81 Member

excellent custom file... I'm happy with the sc2 pro. I would like to ask you something, when I lose control of the car during oversteer the ffb decreases by losing a lot of force....is it possible to have the same effect but with a slightly greater force?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @easy81 glad you like it, not had that myself but maybe play with the oversteer and understeer scales to your liking. Be aware though this may have a knock on effect on other settings.