Automobilista 2 V1.5.5.0, Le Mans & Endurance Pack Pt1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.5.6

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Dec 31, 2023.

1. John Hart12

John Hart12 New Member

It's the end of the month guys. Is Renny going to tell me what I can spend my money on and what to look forward to in the next quarter or am I going to have to guess? I know there won't be an update for a couple of months which should give him time to put some words down on the internet equivalent of paper :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn’t expect a new dev update

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dud

Dud New Member

I am pretty sure that is the time trial data being updated/set

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. DayrFile

DayrFile Member

Hi Alegunner,
    If I'm playing in steam offline mode, I don't have the bug, therefore, consistent with your hypothesis that there might be some connection to the downloads the game does after closing. Just collecting the evidence, maybe it helps to narrow it down for the devs.
    Greetings

5. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Didn't work sadly. It worked for a while after deleting the folder about a month ago then it came back today. I don't want to do that again because of all the work reassigning everything.
    I also unticked the read only box as suggested but when I go back straight away the box is ticked again..I'm sure they'll fix it.

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

If there is no solution to this bug then at least all the mess configuring the controllers can be circumvented bu saving the 3x default sav files. As example the default.controllersettings.v1.03.sav.
    And then copy it back in after the folder have been rebuild.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Alegunner68

I didn't get the bug a few times yesterday while going in and out to change the ffb file so it's very intermittent for me. Strange how it works fine on test day.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
  8. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What? Why?

I always thought that was to do with your multiplayer rating.

But why would time trial data sync with your computer? Whenever you set a time it already uploads to leaderboard when you exit a sesssion, no? Whats there to download? Why would you download time trial data at game close?

9. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Isn't that related to the Windows 11 folder/file protection wich is switch on?
    I read that here in the forum a long time ago,can't say more as i'm on Windows 10.Maybe a hint.

10. Dud

Dud New Member

It's the best answer I can come up with, just a educated guess. You may be correct, it may be your rating. Ask the Devs.

11. BrunoB

I could be wrong but my guess is that this mandatory small "update" has something to do with with sync of workshop (content).
    Because if you click on the info box of this upd it looks like this:

Update workshop.png

12. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Ams2 doesn't have workshop content, thats just a generic thing steam shows for everything that isn't a actual game update, in the case of ams2 it is to sync your rating, project cars 2 did/does the same

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Raf Nix

Raf Nix New Member

edit: already answered by Roy

• Like Like x 1
  14. BrunoB

OK if you say so. And I actually believe you :D
    But I did just repeat something posted about a year ago.
    And to me it sounded reasonable.:)

15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Small update if you close your game is a syncing update for your profile. It keeps your ranking, etc up to date. Also works as an anti-cheat so you can't quit ranked lobby's and still retain your score.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's what I always guessed it was given I've had a few "Steam cloud out of sync" messages. A few friends always blamed game crashes or disconnects on a Steam update of a few mb, but stats and game saves make more sense.

Is this also part of the TT ghost save process given players can hide their TT ghosts by immediately alt-tab'ing and closing the game?

17. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@DavidGossett I've no idea about TT-ghosts, tho. I know this syncing is there to be prevent these quitters to cheat-quit and still retain their ranking. It worked during release of the rating-table, but was patched quickly after. There's are reason why 99% of the racers do have a ranking of 1100-1450. I think I even saw a 1050 a couple of weeks ago. Ofcourse it's not all-rage quiting. Lack of awareness, gogogo-mentality, lack of determination etc also is a factor, but rage-quiting is the biggest. Anyway, to conclude if you see a small 'update' after closing the game it's AMS2 syncing stuff to Steam.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. 3dquick

3dquick Active Member

The system can still be gamed, it all depends on how and when you quit. In any case, the ranked system should be turned off till the in game stutters it causes are diagnosed and fixed otherwise it cannibalises the player base.

Also, more than rage quitting or because the car is damaged, the biggest rating killer is usually losing internet connection.

19. Alegunner68

Today I've been in and out of the sim multiple times and it's decided to default to the lmdh every time. Bizarre.
    OT, but I'd really like to start a session sat in the car, instead of up in the air. That would be great.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
  20. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As a S1120 or something, I must say I believe people just don't give a damn about AMS2 MP rating. It is useless, literally, since no one uses it for anything at all. Since lobbies are set with super short races (lame 5 lappers), if you get taken out on the first corner, what is the incentive to continue? You won't make up any places in the remaining 4 laps... so I wouldn't call it rage quit, but just lack of incentive.

AMS2 population is so scarce and sparse that when setting a ranked lobby most people just use a low value, such as U0, U100 and U1000 at best.

This may give me tons of disagrees and dislikes, but the way AMS2 MP works just invites for lazy, uncommitted, joke-around races. A true lobby hopper mentality.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 12