Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 25, 2016.

1. christianjardim

christianjardim New Member

V1.4.76
    Track & Layout Used
    : any
    Car Used: any
    Applicable Settings: any
    Report: The game closes alone after some time even with Dynhud disabled, there is no exact time, it follows the attached log for analysis, I am discovered of some compatibility problem with the G27.

Attached Files:

2. Philip00

Philip00 Member

V1.4.76b
    Track & Layout Used
    Applicable Settings: -
    Report: If I hit Alt+tab(in order to minimize the game to explore in windows) I cannot return to the game. It freeze and the game not return anymore
    Steps to reproduce:

3. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes Im getting that too but also with other cars!

4. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: any
    Report: After the last 2 new versions (1.4.72 and 1.4.76) the game crashes. First it was during races. after that, in the configuration screens and now i can't even open it. it's crashes at the intro of the game. Windows dont show any box whit the log of the error.

Im using win7 , 64bits.

Steps to reproduce:

5. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

1) Do you have any mods installed? Did your issues start after you installed them? If so try removing them.
    2) Verify your Game Files in Steam.
    3) Ensure you have an exception for your game folder in your Anti Virus.
    4) Some times some other software causes issues, such as Open Broadcasting Studio and MSI Afterburner. Ensure they are not running at all to see if they cause some issue.
    5) Try removing your Automobilista folder in My Docs and creating new profiles.

6. rafaelplacce

I had tracks installed, but i reinstalled the game. It's 100% pure now, but stiil crashing. Game files are ok. Nº 3 and 4 ok too. And I didn't find an AMS folder in my docs...

Im sending the trace log file attached

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  7. Philip00

Philip00 Member

V1.4.76b
    Track & Layout Used
    Report: AI do the same lap time no matter how much fuel they carried on race ( for ex. they do 1.26 on 5 lap race inthe first lap and they also 1.26 on 72 lap race in the first lap too. It happen with any content any track
    Steps to reproduce:

8. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

That´s not correct - check these times in a F-Ultimate race, 5 lap-race vs 5 laps in 70l-lap by the same driver under the same settings:
    AMS 2017-09-25 16-27-11-46.jpg
    AMS 2017-09-25 16-29-22-07.jpg

Over 2s difference which is consistent with the fuel load difference of nearly 100L for one distance vs the other. Naturally the gap will vary depending on the car specs and how much extra weight it has to carry to go a longer distance - some cars are fairly low consumption with 40L tanks and the difference will be only a few tenths.

If you ran accross something that you find inconsistent with these results please be more specific about what you ran under what settings so we can try reproduce, but generally speaking it´s not possible for there to be fuel in the car but not the corresponding mass.

10. Renato Simioni

There was a silent hotfix earlier on today fixing the anticheat issue with F-Retro.

11. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi Renato,

Probably you hit finish button and becasue of this you get different result.

Here is the example

1st one Formula classic in interlagos 2017 gp 5 laps race

[​IMG]

2nd Formula classic in interlagos 2017 gp 73 laps race (first 8 laps)

[​IMG]

As you see the lap times almost the exactly same. There must be much more difference between 70 laps fuel load car and 5 laps fuel load car.

It happens with every content and in every track.

For example in the real 1993 formula one season Riccardo Patrese qualification time was 1:19.049 and in the second lap of the race he made 1.26.663.

The difference should be much bigger especially for those contents which not requires refuelling.

So i guess it is broken :(

12. Philip00

Philip00 Member

I have just done another test with F ultimate Interlagos.

1st. 5 lap race

[​IMG]

2nd. 73 lap race first 7 lap

[​IMG]

Same driver same content same track.

In reproducing process it is important to use ctrl+T instead of finish button which gives inaccurate time.

EDIT: in 2017 Austrian GP Hamilton's qualfy time is 1:04.424 and his 3rd lap race time is 1:11.197 so there was 7 sec difference even that is a very fast track.

I hope I was more clear this time.

Let me know if you need any help

EDIT: My English is not perfect so I hope it does not sound rude or arrogant. I love Automobilista and you guys made a fantastic job. Im a hardcore offlnie racer and if it would be fiy (along with blue flag issue (which is much better how!) and gearbox problem issue(which i have mentioned above) it would be the perfect offline simulator which i was dreaming for since my childhood. :) )

EDIT2: I cheked in RFactor and there is a 3-4 sec difference there

EDIT3: If I let AI drive my car ("i" button) there is a diffrence(small ,only 2sec but at least there is a difference) but in AI car there is no difference at all so it seems to be broken in AI cars.

13. Renato Simioni

Thanks for the detailed feedback Phillip, that´s more helpful :) No I did not hit finish session, those are regular times. You appear to be running time-based races tho while mine was lap-based, that might be an indication. Another thing is that you´re running F-V12s and not Classics - the F-V12s can stop for fuel and tires, so it could be running light and refuelling in pitstops. I´ll check if that´s the case and report back.

14. Alex Sawczuk

Can you post a picture of the config app?

15. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi Renato,

Thank you for your feedback :) Actually i was set laps and times (73 laps and 2hour duration just like in F1) but you were right. When i set the criteria just laps there is a 2-3 sec difference however i do not understand why it is not work with laps and times.

Despite this i still thnik that the fuel mass should more affected, is it possible to fix or is it possible to edit this value somewhere?

thank you so much for your help in Advance

16. Renato Simioni

Yep noticed that, something might be off with that particular setting - I´ll investigate further. Thanks again for the detailed report.

Fuel mass is just extra mass, the physics equations for its effect are fairly straightforward and absolute. There could be extra differences to non-simulated factors like fuel load effect on CoG but those would be marginal. There are more factors to real lap time gaps from quali to race then just extra fuel mass, such as further customization options for single lap performance which aren´t currently simulated (or at least not extensively).

17. rafaelplacce

yeah,
    Here is it

Attached Files:

18. Spin

Spin Active Member

FPS limit is not able to be changed anymore unless you quit a race session and go back to the main menu.
    I will check if FOV can still be changed without leaving a race session, I cannot remember.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  19. Alex Sawczuk

So just to make sure, try removing GameFolder\config.ini and your user profile from GameFolder\Userdata\<username> and create new profiles.

(Keep a backup just incase, this has no effect and you wish to return to the previous version)

But I really don't have any concrete suggestions, the information provided does not point to anything obvious. There are not repeatable steps to take to reproduce the errors here...

I already said no mods, but please make sure you do not have any plugins like EvoHUD or GID installed.

20. rafaelplacce

I have tried all that already. unfortunately it didn't work.
    However, i managed to play like 2 and a half hours today whithout crashing.Let's see if it last now.

But tank you for your attention, Alex.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017