Automobilista 2 March 2024 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

Too much focus on Multiplayer? What are you talking about? How many dev updates was referring about MP? MP is a forgotten part of this game man. And you can't say too me that's the Singelplayer system is good at this point of the game. The ai is so predictable and so unstable in speed and behavior on the track in some parts of the track the ai is fast as hell and on the other parts slowly as a turtle. So what you try too tell me? That's is fun too run against the AI? For me AMS2 in the moment is a game that i boot up when a new update is on and the I don't touch it again because the Singelplayer and the Multiplayer system its not satisfying.

• Disagree x 21
    • Agree x 4
    • Dislike x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Even then, it took them more than 4 years to add any AI at all, even now it's not available for every car/class combination in the game (no hate on them of course, they have a very large collection of cars and tracks. Getting that stuff done right takes a lot of time).

Goes to show how if devs ignore the constant whining and instead work at their own pace you tend to get very positive results.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fineraft

Fineraft Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm going to stay polite here, but if you would have read my comment correctly you would know I mean in general, not AMS2. I don't play multiplayer that often, and if I do, I'll boot up iRacing. Multiplayer doesn't attract me at all really.
    This leads me to repeat what I said, but in different words. Most sims only have the focus on multiplayer nowadays, which hurts the singleplayer aspect. Again, look at ACC, but also the new LMU. Especially in ACC, singleplayer feels like an afterthought. It's in the sim because the devs know not everyone wants to play multiplayer, but it's so awfully executed, I rarely play it.
    The sims of yesteryear had a well made singleplayer experience. Not so weird when you know that internet wasn't that great back then. AMS2 is not perfect in that regard, I agree. However, I enjoy it, and in my opinion, it's better than most singleplayer experiences compared to other modern sims. And since singleplayer is so rare, I much rather want Reiza to focus on singleplayer than cater to an already over overrepresented MP market. Like I said, it's an unpopular opinion

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Fineraft

Fineraft Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. But iRacing is a MP focused sim. The fact they provide Ai at all is only a bonus, but not the core business of that sim. It shows us that they just have too much money so they can focus on other things as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. racezilla

racezilla Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure I've said this before, but a BOP tool for players would be great. Not just for ballast, but for power as well. Something as simple as scaling down the power of each car of a class would do wonders. While it's true that there are historical class that had no BOP, some of them become useless since players just pick the fastest car from the TT leaderboard. It would be cool to pick your favourite car based on personal preference.
    Imagine something like this in the race settings menu:
    Edit Class: upon selection you get the list of car of that class; next to each car, the ballast in kg and the power scale factor.
    I know it would not be as easy as typing this out, I'm just trying to imagine what it could look like.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Some kind of BoP or per team performance adjustments would also do wonders for an eventual career mode

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Essemo

Essemo Member AMS2 Club Member

Congratulations to the team at Reiza on the IMSA collaboration, which I'm sure will deliver some great content to the game.

If the commitment is to get the 2024 IMSA tracks into the game, then the two that I'll really be looking forward to are Mosport and Detroit.

Mosport will be an especially great addition for the vintage and retro F1 content but given the layout has remained virtually unchanged since its inception, you could just about run any car or series on it.

Detroit will suit the F-USA cars and I hope we can get a historic version for the 1980s F1 content.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Singleplayer already receives what feels like 2/3 of the resources. In every change log, 2/3 are AI performance adjustments. AMS2 is already considered a very good single mode game and is often praised, and rightly so. But it still doesn't come close to real human drivers. Understandably, that's not possible. Real online driving also thrives on respect and the fear of ruining the race for an opponent - an AI race will never have this atmosphere.

• Like x 2
    • Dislike x 2
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Informative x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  9. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

unfortunately also the FUN of ruining the race for an opponent… ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

AI will be much better if they stay true to their driving lines (offensive or defensive) and just "ignore" the player in top aggression setting. They give us too much space, that should be the lower aggression setting. I don't see Verstappen giving space to a dive bomb on him ;).

• Like Like x 3
  11. Jorge Marin

Jorge Marin New Member

Si ya corri en Racecraft pero no corre nadie, casi siempre es con la ia.

12. Mirko Pricoco

Mirko Pricoco Active Member

I have no word!!!! All of his will be AMAZING!!!
    Can't wait to put my hands on the new F1 Gen2 cars!
    This game is getting more and more and more exciting and complete!!!

Amazing job!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Race with max damage enabled and I guarantee it will change the atmosphere.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Alexandre Costa

Alexandre Costa Active Member

First, try to retranslate when posting here, that should help others. And regarding the lack of drivers, try at least to keep an eye on it, there are lots of good races going on, specially on the weeklies part of the website. Tonight there'll be a good sized grid for example.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Mazdaspeed

Mazdaspeed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That would make them basically PC1&2 AI, pretty bad and they would just crash and divebomb you on every opportunity. They need some awareness, I enjoy them as they are. Reiza just needs to "teach" them to cover the inside line when needed. They might be too tame and let you push them off track, but I just try to avoid those situations and race them as I would a fellow human.

Iracing is pretty good in that regard but they are too stubborn and sometimes will absolutely not yield clear loss of position and will instead crash you, so it's on the extreme side of AMS2. I rather have AI that's aware of me than a stubborn one that can end your race after 30+ laps. The modern F1 games are excellent in that they are just as aware as AMS2, but still cover the inside line and put up a better fight than AMS2 without being as stubborn as Iracing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Paulo Frazao

Have you already think about how much fun for the players when we can race all the great historical content and new content against Human player and not against f....g AI this is a game changer for AMS2....i remember you what people are complaining about AMS1 in the past....no VR no AMS1...and know this will repeat again but in an other way..no MP no AMS2...and i think now it's easier to implement a very stable and modern MP as the VR mode in AMS1. For me Reiza has made the wrong decision on the game engine in the very begin of AMS2 they had to deal with too much Bugs and other things that they have lost so many time on the development. This is my opinion and i think a Forum is for that here. And yes i am a AMS fanboy but also in the critical way....then wat we see here is a huge hype of the new deal of the IMSA deal, what is great, but since the beginning of the development of AMS2 i always say we need first quality and not quantity. New content is always great but when this is only halfway finished it's not a win win situation...to much content for a smal team like Reiza. AMS2 came out in the Corona time and then in the War time, so this was the perfect time to take a step back and concentrate in driveability of the game. But when you see how much content they added in this time, and struggle with the driveability and floating feel of the cars, and not to talk about of the shaking cameras settings in the beginning. We have to see this honest and not hype to much.

• Dislike x 7
    • Like x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

and cockpit view only
    and realistic assists
    :whistle::)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Mein Blau TV

Mein Blau TV New Member

i think AMS2 is really great. it does everything right and has what other racers just don't have BUT as long as it introduces an online league via multiplayer with juicey rating and leaderboard points especially no official regular races it will just remain an arcade game no matter what it does.

so dear developers, finally build something for the lfm, or or. before that you will not achieve a breakthrough but like in a race, always shoot at the start before you can even win the race !

please develop:

1) A Safty Rating System
    2) A fair points system
    3) Provide official servers with races. here you have to fulfill the requirements regarding the safty in maybe 4 - 6 levels.
    4) per level please provide official races in different classes openwheel and gt as well as special like karting
    5) if there are not enough drivers registered for a race, the race will automatically be filled with AI to make it happen.

As long as all this is not available, it will remain a casual game. SORRY it doesn't sound nice but that's just the way it is.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Paulo Frazao

Amen brother....my words.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. TAdams65

TAdams65 Member AMS2 Club Member

That’s just the way Sebring is, no real grandstands. The facts are, this was a record crowd for this race, thousands of fans.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 3