Automobilista 2 March 2024 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 16, 2024.

1. rmagid1010

rmagid1010 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, can you name it?

2. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

Storm

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

When I see (lots of!!) money spent on marketing (even before an actual product exists!!), I know something is wrong... Money is supposed to be spent on software development not vaporware.

That would perpetuate the joke "iRenting" even further :D:D:D:D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The funny thing is that this is such a huge topic but seems mainly among the AMS2 crowds. Don't see this topic gets so much of space in other communities. It's more the other way around. The main opinion, I noticed, is they got it work quite well. It's accepted and all fine. A good improvement which could be of help to motivate other devs in improving their dynamic weather/track model in future.

• Like Like x 3
  5. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I understand what you mean but tbh Iracings weather system is nothing but impressive in many ways. In my opinion it has set the bar incredibly high and represents a new standard. Every sim will have to measure itself against this when simulating changing weather conditions. You may think what you want about Iracing and it's certainly not cheap and many members come across as cult members...but when Iracing tackles something, they usually do it pretty well. Except maybe FFB. :D

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I never said anything about the product itself, which is by all accounts extremely good and I'm glad for them. My quip was towards their attitude about their addition ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's different yeah.
    It's supposed to be an in-house solution to choose or exclude desired content of the stock game - the mod AMS2CM is a solution to easily manage mod-content.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is the main goal of that new tool to reduce the disk usage of AMS2 (which will continue to grow with new content) ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Danielkart

Danielkart Well-Known Member

Completely agree with you, I also have trouble with Iracing's business model. But when they do something, it's good and works. They have now also added FFB for Simucube with 360Hz. I'm still not a fan of it but if they do something then you can be sure that it will work without any problems. Unfortunately, this is not the case with most other simulations

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Joachim

Joachim New Member

Hello!

Will there be any updates in the KART area as well?

Any new tracks planned?

Or any old? -> Granja Viana 2 is missing unfortuneatly which is a shame as it is so much fun and was included in AMS1

Or is there a way to mod KART tracks into AMS.

Greetz

11. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What is ME?

12. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

One question, if I choose to deactivate one piece of Reiza's content, is that content not downloaded when downloading the game? Or is it gonna be compressed inside the game files? Is the final goal of this tool saving disk space or simply for organizing?

13. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Madness Engine.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I assume strictly organizing, hiding it in the UI basically, as you would still need the content to be installed in case you join a server that also uses a car you have hidden

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. _Was

_Was Member

Music Electronic

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Further info can't be shared yet in the way how it will be realized exactly. It's true that Multiplayer is one of the challenges to be dealt with appropriately.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  17. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

They teased simulating the hybrid system more in depth or so in the development blog before this one iirc.
    So im quite confident, especially given the imsa licence, that this is still on the table.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Bernd18995

Bernd18995 Member

Not sure if that is on the table of the UI rework but i'd like to "push" once again for the ability to save global settings, including the assists, AI aggression settings etc. in a preset.
    Currently it keeps these from the last time you "hosted" a dedi session or something along these lines. This could lead to weird circumstances where you suddenly have assists available in cars that do not have them etc.
    So a change that stores your previous host settings and restores them after you are no longer an active host would be great quality of life wise - if this is not possible, at least being able to save a base preset we could just load without having to double check everything again would be big :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

Propper customized timeline for weather aside, what Tempest (IRacing) does that LiveTrack (AMS2) don't do?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Paulo Frazao

Paulo Frazao Member AMS2 Club Member

This people played AMS2 because of the historical content and diversity of track's and cars that no other sim can offer us, so only for this reason Reiza has to take this chance an developed a stable MP so the game can rise constantly and is attractive for sponsor and other money sources. And yes we can go and play other games or sims with better MP, but you have to understand that is not what the people wanted, they want to play the great content in a good and stable MP and not on LFM or other stuff. Boot one game up and all is in there. And not to forget people says out there that Reiza has a niche product, so why Reiza don't turn this around and take profit out of this? With a great MP like LMU or other sims they can take a huge profit not only in money but also in reputation. Think about it

Last edited: Mar 18, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1