Automobilista 2 March 2024 Development Update

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 16, 2024.

1. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

They can arrive whenever and usually after the day Renato says. You can’t foresee bugs and issues

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

When ready.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. pimpi84

pimpi84 Active Member

Renato's new year resolution has been "not to provide anymore deadlines" because he (Reiza) is somehow......how to say.... inclined to slightly miss the expected due dates.
    I learned to take what is written, and then sum a +100% as actual target date in my mind.
    So...it was said end of month (15 days to go when it was told)...well, in my mind I am expecting not sooner that 1 month from now.
    Summer for v1.6? I would be targeting more October...

Whatever comes sooner...well, that's a more than welcome gift! ;)

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Elon Musk is also known for missing deadlines (a lot!)... yet he does what others are unable to dream.
    I guess if the bar it put high enough, missing a deadline is not the end of the world. At least they've tried.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. SunBro

SunBro Active Member

they're working around the clock

Screenshot 2024-03-22 230031.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Laulenture

Laulenture The me of sim racing AMS2 Club Member

Idk if that's a great comparison since elon compulsively over-promises and under-delivers.

Edit: since my boy didn't understand, the point is that elon is a conman. While Reiza has the ambition and talent to make it reality and Renato isn't taking credit for other people's work, but celebrating it instead.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. stealthradek

stealthradek I know nothing. AMS2 Club Member

There's already a company in the simracing games genre that works in a similar fashion promising multiple officially licensed games and consistently under-delivering (or fails to completely deliver).
    Looking more widely there seems to be even more companies/developers like that.

No need for more :)

And of course Reiza isn't one of them - even if they may have more relaxed release schedule timings :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Yep and the respective company kept gobbling up licenses only for them to fail miserably basically each time, decreasing series organisers' confidence in sim racing overall. I genuinely wish for them to go bankrupt already, it'd be better for all the sim racing ecosystem :whistle:

On an unrelated note, was bored today and remembered your screenshot :D
    upload_2024-3-22_23-36-53.png

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

But on a completely related note Im both not bored and gone to another track to get some joy.
    No reason to stay bored inside AMS2.
    So lets all cheer up :p:p

10. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

So you rather have lack of ambition?
    I rather have him over stagnated car manufacturers and all those companies around NASA that only take money without delivering, keeping access to space at prohibitive costs.
    Do you use PayPAL or other similar payment systems that came after that? Thank him for that too.
    Do you think car industry changed because of Toyota PRIUS? Or because of a small company that ambitioned to be the largest car manufacturer in 10 years? (over-promise, under-delivery for sure! But a reference in the market today!)

I left rF2 as my main sim not because it was a bad sim, but for the lack of ambition of S397.
    Is AMS2 what I expect? No, but there is the will to be better one day after the other. That I like! ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 13
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Awful take. Someone definitely drank the MuskAid.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Quite honestly I dont think this is the place to discuss religious beliefs.
    The thread should be Reiza or AMS2 related me think :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Lucifer_sam

Lucifer_sam Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Look. Lets not get too off-topic, but Ill say this bluntly. No one man is responsible for innovation, it is groups of people working together. Some folks like to buy things and take credit for it. Who are the founders of Tesla? Elon isn't one of them! They are Martin Eberhard and Marc Tarpenning, Elon just threw money at them. Max Levchin, Peter Thiel, and Luke Nosek founded Paypal, they later merged with Elon's company X dot com in early 2000. We should not only credit Elon for whatever good the things with slapped with his name has brought to the world. We should thank the people who actually built and designed them as well. He is not a "great man" because there are no "great men" in history, just people working together for a common goal (whether it good or bad).

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Yep, Issac Newton did great work, but he'd be nowhere if there was not an academic structure at Oxford to carry his work.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The last person I'd want to be compared to is Elon Musk lol

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Brett Nagle didnt popularize electric cars by making them desirable and he didnt revolutionize space launch capabilities by carrying payloads to orbit many times cheaper than previously with reusable rocket stages.

Brett Nagle does, however make comments on the internet that backfire just like Elon Musk.

Can we get back on topic now?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Racinglegend1234

What cool features do we think V1.6 will include (not announced features)?

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For me the more interesting question is what content will come out before the IMSA content. Its several months away, but Reiza has the capability to produce 1 track per month based on previous track record. That means tracks have been in the works since January. March is almost over, so thats 3 tracks waiting in somewhere in almost completed stages. Im thinking it includes one of the US tracks that was mentioned in relation to Racin USA Bonus or historic Le Mans. Could be also historic track pack 3 content.

19. Racinglegend1234

I think they’re focusing on release A LOT of content with V1.6 to make it a HUUUUGE update

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. CatAstrophe05

CatAstrophe05 The Andrea De Cesaris of simracing

To make a rough list of confirmations/assumptions:

IMSA content- Almost certainly in 1.6 to at least some extent: this is Reiza so I wouldn't expect a full drop with the update but I expect maybe a class or two and a couple of tracks for now. Some, hopefully not all, of the content will very likely be DLC- probably as the mysterious R-USA P4 but possibly as its own IMSA pack

FUG2 remaster- Again, very likely to be in 1.6: will probably need some polishing but if the new model and the needed physics tweaks is all she wrote then it's a practical guarantee

Tire model tweaks- Guaranteed, mentioned in devlog

Graphical improvements- ^

AI improvements- no mention but probably to at least some extent given at least minor tweaks come with every update. AI was at an incredible spot with the release of the Hitechs and while it has regressed a touch lately especially in regards to the return to clumped packs I could see it being polished up with 1.6's release. To what extent, I can't say

New licenses- possibly? "Latin flavour" hints towards two big Italian brands, both of whom have a presence in IMSA. I'm not expecting Lamborghini or Ferrari to come out in full force (even if a few trace Lamborghini models leftover from PC2 have been in the files for a long time now and many of the specific leftovers from PC2 like the Nissans, 2002 and the Polo RX have eventually found their way in) but I find it fairly likely that the IMSA deal would, if nothing else, net the models that compete in that series currently. Reiza are pretty well-off financially from what we've heard so there is a non-zero chance they could persuade them into licensing some extra cars but for now I'd hold my breath on anything outside of the SC63, Huracan and 296

UI improvements- Nothing big confirmed yet but the content manager to remove base content is confirmed for 1.6 so that's a big QoL improvement. Other UI fixes are reportedly in the pipeline

Multiplayer improvements- More stuff in the pipeline, no ETA yet

• Winner Winner x 3