Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

Jim was awake after the update when I did races, but he "forgot" I wanted him there when I do TT as well.Double check your settings maybe ?In other sims he's there for all game modes here as well.

2. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Member

Me neither. I was rammed up the arse and into the wall by AI and trying to get back on the lead lap after spending 1 minute and 17 seconds in the pits for repairs.

It sometimes happens. It's also irrelevant and not the part you should be focusing on here.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2024
  3. Ape-xer-75

Ape-xer-75 New Member

I also had a quick session with the updated Formula Ultimate Gen.2, and also have not driven it lately. But it felt kinda satisfying to drive now. I was even able to spin the car a couple of times without trying :D.

Anyway, you pretty much described my exact feelings of the biggest problem in AMS2. The cars usually just do not want to spin, no matter how recklessly you drive them. And even if you manage to get a car fully sideways, many times, it somehow turns to forward in the end, like some gods hand would have been helping you.

I tried the Porsche GTE for a few quick races at the updated Ibarra (which BTW looks really nice now!). First it felt kinda nice and satisfying to drive. But the more I got used to the track, the more I pushed the car. In the end I was slamming the throttle to the floor mid corners and pretty much sliding the car constantly from corner to another. I was trying to find the limits of the car, but there Just wasn't any limits to be found.

And that is a real shame. AMS2 shines in so many other areas. For example, I really like the FFB and the VR implementation.

After that I tried the GT1 Mercedes, but quit soon, because I was again just sliding and sliding.

And finally I ended up driving the Group C Sauber Mercedes, like I almost always do o_O. With 100% boost on that, one really has to modulate the throttle, and not just floor it recklessly. It will also bite you, if you are not careful. That (among many other things) gives me the feeling of driving a race car. For example the GTE's nor the GT3's do not.

BTW: More on the positive side, for me, the Sauber Merc. has the best sounds in sim racing. One of the very few cars, that have deep distinct induction noise, when you apply throttle. And especially when you floor it from low revs, it growls nicely.

I also tried the Stock Car 2023 and 2024, but did not find major difference between them. BTW: Both of those have some button box on top of the windscreen, which is really distracting my view in VR. One has to adjust the seat really low to avoid it, like you were 160 cm tall. But I am not that short o_O.

I know that I am kinda picky, but I would hope to get those same feelings (that I get from the Sauber Merc.) also from other cars in AMS2.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

I can't compare to the previous FU gen 2, but I find them easy to spin when driven on the edge or when the weighttransfer is to abrupt. My TT trials for example contain hours of footage of me spinning in every corner before getting close to or beating the current WR. In a race it's a bit more boring, but thats where the AI comes in :D
    I do find the griplevel from 4th to 5th having a "TCS" alike feeling when flooring it, where in 3th your tyres can't find any grip above 75% throttle or so.
    I've obviously never driven a real F1 car, so no clue how it would really feel...
    PS: I find the Mclaren F1 middle seater a slidefest that puts a smile on my face in VR, untill you overdo it and it flips 180° on you:confused:

5. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

No worries. Probably a small bug. I have faith Reiza will repair.

6. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just drove the car on Spielberg and I could max the throttle after T2, if I just applied a bit gradually. The rear usually moves a bit, but regains grip if modulate the throttle just a bit when it happens. For sure you can spin it, if you drive badly or like you, try to achieve TT records and need to be on the very edge of the limit all the time. It's quite forgiving and limits are clearly further than you probably a lot would expect, me included.

7. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Next DLC will be the Shopping Kart DLC, b/c the other guy's Shopping Trolley has crap ffb. Need a Reiza Shopping Kart for all the fish and the cheese we gonna get!

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Your FOV is all wrong!

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

But then they would be copying/ Raceroom. Just add a trailer to one of the copa trucks with a big photo of Renato eating cheese

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

I tried to park near the lake at Ibarra, even when using the parking lot as a ramp, it wouldn't let me :(
    Is the directreel from Fanatec out yet ?

11. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

It's something else than racing vids :)
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can’t wait to see the Nordschleife with the latest shader optimisation in AMS2. ACC has just raised the bar with today’s DLC of Nords.
    Hope AMS2 will also add some bells and whistles (the ACC atmosphere is great with laser shows and tons of trackside objects like illuminated tents and spectators).

13. Racinglegend1234

Racinglegend1234 AMS2 wiki founder AMS2 Club Member

I really want to see the forest tracks with the new trees

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Member

Anyone know why Verify Files on Steam doesn't redownload all original files for mods? I had a mod that I overrode that I want to revert back to the original - I cleared out the entire folder but it's not redownloading the skins part of the mod, just the XML for some reason.

15. morpwr

morpwr Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That wont do anything for mods just the base game.

16. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Member

Well yes, that's the point.

But worked after restarting Steam and re-verifying again, so all good.

17. Dewald Nel

Dewald Nel Member

Formula Ultimate Gen 2 at Suzuka... I would recommend it to anyone, it's a blast.

Wanted to share my OK-ish setup here, but apparently it's not a thing in this game.

18. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

No unfortunaltely not ... I end up copying the nr 1 spot on the charts and fiddle with it untill it suits my driving style. I than make a "race" version also with some aero tweaks and less tyrepressure.
    But sharing setups in game would be awesome. I'm sure there is some tool out there that can read/edit/copy the .vts files in the savegame dir?
    I usually copy the whole directory over when my son wants my setups.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

To VR users here, any improvement of performance in night and rain conditions for you?

cars lights still effect fps dramatically despite me having high end 4080super GPU so curious to hear your experience
    I have not found any new in game settings about this after the update but maybe I haven’t looked hard enough
    Thanks

20. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Should there be?