Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

It helps to mention the details of such championship - those are stored locally and usually are failing as the car/track that's part of the schedule is no longer available, such as the FU2 car which was updated for example.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Quick question, but have any VR users noticed the game looking... darker? Since the last update.

I'm not sure if it's just me being crazy but I feel like the game just looks slightly... darker. Like you increased the contrast but also turned down the brightness.

I have exposure comp on 1.0 (and have had it that way for a long time) and now a bright spring day kinda looks like a lightly cloudy winter day. The lighting doesn't seem to have that sunny day "washed out" feel.

Is it just me? :confused::confused::confused:

3. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

No. Ultra is better, zero stutters.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Sorry just you:p

or are you on an AMD GPU?

i had this issue in both desktop and VR where trackside would look really dark with some of the info boards barely readable
    Moved to NVIDIA didn’t see this problem since

5. Shodan0000

Shodan0000 Active Member

That issue is no longer present. I did notice some circuits are darker. I believed it was the massive change of scenery at for example Ibarra.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. chonk

chonk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've only noticed this on the circuits that have been updated, Cascavel and Ibarra in particular. Sitting in the pits at both locations on a sunny day the interior feels a bit darker. Those tracks in general feel darker just from the new trees and textures. But I think maybe the lightning/shadows have been tweaked also.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes same here (VR), the updated circuits have a darker composure especially under more cloudy skies, slightly darker under clear skies than other tracks. Hard to determine whether this is more life like though, I'm leaning towards it is but maybe somewhere in-between the two.

8. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Actually it was during a race at Imola of all things when I really started questioning if I was going insane.

It's hard to describe since it's not just some textures being darker, it's everything. It's as if someone turned down the exposure comp by one or two clicks.

Since Reiza is currently working on shaders I thought something got ghost patched with the lighting.

But yeah probably it is just me :rolleyes: I'll have to check the config files and see if the exposure didn't get desynced from the ingame settings or something.

9. madeinbrazil140

madeinbrazil140 New Member

my championship is with gt3 and gt3 2 cars, i have all the DLC,s installed, its very weird.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

honestly guys,I have just spent 2hrs in VR driving on a bunch of tracks, ones that have been optimized ones that have not and couldn't spot any significant brightness differences
    you are sure you don't have some left over settings from Reshade or if in VR from openxrtoolkit post processing giving you this perception of overall darker environment?

talking about track optimization, I was for a good 30mins enjoying the ride at Ibarra. what Reiza did there is amazing, and can we just take a min and praise the quality of the Tress showing in this Game.just wow.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Iuri

Iuri New Member

Is it on already? Can we get it anytime soon? Im really looking to have it :)

12. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

Well ... after being called "an issue", while I was thinking a game engine would be outdated and that causing issues..
    It's not optimsed for such scenario's (read ULTRA) and even high end CPU's struggle with than from time to time, depending on you config and OS etc.
    I learned the hard way that in ANY game ULTRA settings means next gen hardware.
    Current high end gen can run this "Ultra" thing at 60fps, but than your 120/144hz/+ screen wouldn't be happy and neither will you :D
    @https://forum.reizastudios.com/members/horia-m.47347/ was right!
    I turned down all but shadow detail to high in VR and don't notice any visual difference.
    And certainly not in FUGen2@ +300Kph ...
    Performance gains are for me negligable with the naked eye, but the frametime says otherwise ;)

13. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

I drove a few tracks since the new update and most look the same regarding brightness, ofc depending on time of day. For me Spa got closer to a "real life" in Reverb G2. On bigscreen beyond everything is mega dark ( OLED etc I knows, yet the difference is ... between an bright sunny day (reverb) and a eerie darkness when a thunderstorm rolls in (BSB))

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

The first 4 models are online ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

What version are you running? I went from final version to release candidate and it had te reset back to 0.8 for exposure comp.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
  16. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Did some online races and there was a rare moment where it was 3 people upside down right next to each other and due to them being too close the game did not allow a reset. Can there be a exception added to the reset rules where if cars are close to each other but stationary it will still allow a reset ? Especially for a situation where multiple cars are upside down, they can only retire / exit to get out of there and only the last remaining car can then reset.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. lunamoon

lunamoon Active Member

I know Reiza is working on revamping the UI for 1.6, so I have a small request - in ACC there's a feature to turn on the car's dashboard display in the HUD as a separate module, irrelevant of the steering wheel display. That renders the display on a separate box as an overlay (you can't move it though, or adjust the size, as far as I'm aware). Would it be possible for AMS2 to have some sort of setting like this too? I usually like to drive with no steering wheel or in dash cam, but in some cars where all the info is in the steering that makes it really difficult if not impossible. Would love to see something like this in this game, so we can appreciate all the hard work done on the displays regardless of which camera we use! I'm aware that you can use custom dashboards on an exterior screen, but having something like this natively within the game would be a fantastic addition.

Here's how it looks in ACC:[​IMG][​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

But, if your system can handle desired FPS with track details at ULTRA, you can get rid of stutters loading assets/textures. In VR, it's good to have ALL loaded.

19. Phantas79

Phantas79 Member

In theory, yes :)
    Untill your more detailed texture has to cast shadows, light and rain bounces off it? In vr those calculations are exponential vs pancake and are calculations are not handled by the GPU but the CPU (according to some NVIDIA dev that is involved with Reflex).
    Some games have high cpu spikes when loading or starting a level, today 99% the times that's the game engine preparing shaders for "pre-calculating shaders" in conjuction with your curent settings.
    In VR that's not happening, because it's a lot more difficult to predict. At least that's what I've been told by someone who worked on VR extensively.
    And ofc resolution ... the upgrade in resolution from the Valve index to a Reverb G2 made my RTX 4090 cry like a little baby LOL.
    But when testing the BigscreenBeyond (lower res, upscaling when using 90 fps etc) I noticed a drop in 15% GPU use and 10-20% framelatency. ( the end result is extremely sharp btw in the BSB - the strap however is a ****************************** o_O).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

Slightly off topic but a major sign of the times. What a great time to be a Sim Racer!
    I run Simagic gear so this is no fanboy talk. I only run ACC because I bought it, lol. Not suggesting Reiza do same, just saying we entered a new space, so to speak. And I know it's hype. Still.

'Under this partnership, MOZA Racing will provide comprehensive support to Lamborghini drivers, offering them state-of-the-art racing setups and assistance during virtual competitions. This collaboration aims to elevate both brands' presence in the fiercely competitive sim racing arena.'
    SPONSORED: MOZA Racing And Lamborghini Join Forces In Sim Racing