Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Sberla84

Sberla84 MotorSimItaly

I think the legacy camera settings are those that match at best other sims. The only thing I noticed is whereas in other sims I can keep the camera 100% locked to the cockpit, in AMS2 I need to leave a certain amount of movement active, otherwise I get vertical micro oscillations that make me sick.

2. Fiyah

Fiyah Member

I have heard in real Life, while sitting in a ferry, a group of people sitting behind but talking loudly...then came something funny...…'I speak British very best' from one of the folk sitting in that group. Made us smile, and others, if they heard the best of the best.

{ sorry for English } :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. sEBq78

sEBq78 New Member

I've posted it on "Help & Support" but didnt found the solutiuon so ..
    after the last update on tracks with lot of trees like Nordshleife or old Spa frame rate drops to 5-15 fps on my 1050ti,i know that its old card but before update it was abt 60 fps on my settings... form super smooth to unplayable....my other games work as usuall so its not PC related issue. I've read update info and 3D tress were added only at old Interlagos so i have no idea what happened to SPA and Nordshleife works so bad. On track without trees games runs normal..

4. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

Might pay to double check you graphics settings are the same, a few people myself included had the odd setting change or even key bindings with update .

• Like Like x 2
  5. hairybones

hairybones New Member

I also believe I get worse performance in recent updates, I guessed it was the new trees so lowered my track graphics quality - although from what you are saying maybe it is not the trees. I'm on 3090 in VR.

6. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Can confirm something similar. I haven't tried old Spa or Nords but I noticed it at Monza. The Serraglio straight (T7 to T8) drops my frames into the 75's. That's almost as much as a full grid night race in rain. And Monza also has the 3D trees.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a very bad performance while driving past the grandstand at Barcelona. No slow downs at other tracks I drive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

...Except the aliasing on shadows ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

With shadows at ULTRA they are "ok".

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

Thanks for your time. I've tried that car and it is much better than F309 in that regard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. sEBq78

sEBq78 New Member

ive cheched everything in game, lowererd settings to minimum too , reinstalled graphics drivers, checked game integrity .. and nothing .. but rFactor 2 , ACC, AC ,F1s working fine as usual, only AMS2 became unplayabe because of framrerate drop to level when driving is impossible.....but drops are not at all time only in specicifc places around the tracks, on tracks without trees games works fine,im 100% that something included at last pach is causing that, im anxiously waiting for some quick patch from rieza.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's very weird, on my end I haven't noticed any drops in frames or anything unusual in any track. Last thing I would do is uninstall everything, delete the AMS2 folder in my documents and reinstall again. Clean instalation to see if that fixes it. If not then a patch will have to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I haven't noticed anything like that. More than once, such problems are caused by windows or gpu driver updates that happened around same time as patch for game is released. It doesn't mean such change would impact other games automatically either. Of course it can be the patch for the game, but if it is, it doesn't seem to be that widespread problem if it is because there aint a lot of people complaining about it.

So I would definitely look for other possibilities as well and not just expect Reiza will fix this issue automatically.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. sEBq78

sEBq78 New Member

Im not alone in troubleshooting, there is even movie from youtube of other user.

15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

It's just It's a chain of unfortunate circumstances.;)

16. Manbird12000

Manbird12000 Active Member

I kinda wish the resources used to render these 3D trees would be used for other things related to racing itself. I play in VR and I honestly thought the original trees were just fine. Who has time looking at them anyway. I haven’t noticed much of a frame rate drop but I hope each iteration of AMS2 doesn’t bog down the graphic engine. FPS performance is key to these kinda games

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

If the business model was like paying a flat Steam subscription and the money was then distributed based on game/hours played, I guess developers would have a new set of priorities. But it isn't.

18. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I have time to look at them and the 2D trees looked awful and distracting. And thankfully for me there was no performance downgrade but the graphical upgrade with proper 3D trees has been huge.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I agree that the graphics are not that important when your driving, but its still nice when it looks pretty, and often its graphics that give first impression of a sim for some.

I often drive in RF2 with old ugly tracks that feel brilliant to drive on and I enjoy it just as much as AMS2 sometimes more.

• Like Like x 1
  20. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I gave up on rf2 for many reasons but one of them was graphics, overall it wasn't nice to look at, yes physics are important but it is only one, aspect of what makes a game complete and can only carry it so far. That priority might be why rf2 was only half baked and never really took off from a small player base.

• Like Like x 2