Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Renan G Flores

Renan G Flores Active Member

Anyone has any information about when Reiza should be dropping another paid DLC? Should I start saving money now or can I spend it on booze?

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

Start saving money is never a bad thing. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. sEBq78

sEBq78 New Member

Of course but that should be adjustable - U have better PC ok, but on lower spec you should have option to turn it off if this issue makes game uplayabe... before update i had smooth 60 fps...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

I also wonder then why are the 3D trees not tied to "Enviromental detail" and when set to low / medium it would be 2D trees, higher it would be 3D, or have it as a separate "Tree detail - 2D/3D", problem solved.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. LostPatrol

LostPatrol Member

I can imagine that with these game engines that are a bit older scaleability is incredibly difficult between the low and high end machines now in use.

You want it to run well on as many machines as possible but people who have invested in newer CPU/GPUs etc really want it to take advantage of the higher end kit.

A lot has changed since the Madness Engine was originally created so it’s probably quite a bit more work than people imagine.

6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe because they don't want the graphics artists to be tied into maintaining two different art assets for each circuit. They already have enough work to do with LODs, winter textures, and such.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

Thats fair enough, but I have a lower spec pc running at 3440 by 1440 and I haven't noticed a significant drop in frames. AMS2 is by far the easiest sim to run on lower spec pc's.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think they said that there was no performance loss with the new trees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pandytim99

Pandytim99 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What pisses me off with rF2 and LMU is the absurd loading times and the awful optimization

I find astonishing that a game that doesn’t look better than AMS 2 runs so much worse than AMS 2

I have less lags and FPS issues on AMS 2 or even on ACC than on rF2 or LMU

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Pandytim99

As someone with a low spec pc I can confirm this

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pandytim99

probably next month idk

but next update is gonna be big so I wouldn’t expect it this month

• Like Like x 1
  12. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The loading times for me in rF2/LMU isn't much worse (if any) for me compared to AMS2. In LMU, the first time you load a track, it takes longer (shaders I think), but after that it's much shorter. Maybe it's worse on lower end PC and definitely probably on non-SSD.

btw. those games also look really good on higher graphical settings (but require a lot more from the computer) and rF2 can especially look great with re-shade added.

but yeah, AMS2 is usually been great for lower end machines.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Inkta

Inkta Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me, every time I race at lemans in LMU with a full field of AI it takes around 2 minutes to load the track. In ams2 similar conditions take 10 seconds. Both on the same SSD.. it's pretty insane actually

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed, the loading times are very ordinary for nowadays, it reminds me of the old cassette games in the 1980s. I find even after a track has loaded once it is no quicker second time round and things like driver details and textures are like from a 20 year old game. It also doesn't matter if I crank the graphic settings up to full it never uses all my gpu or cpu capability, this was also an issue in rf2. So I don't even reach my fps cap at my refresh rate but my gpu ticks over at 60% usage and my cpu gets nowhere near 100% usage, even on single core.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Xzanman

Xzanman Active Member

I think if the skies/clouds on RF2 weren't so ugly it would go a long way to improving how it looks.

RF2 could have easily been what Assetto Corsa is now if it was managed and developed properly from the start. It is a last generation sim,clunky and full of flaws,, but everyone else is still behind when it comes to physics and FFB. That's the biggest puzzle.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I just wait, the driving experience is worth it. I do think light effects are better done, more real, in rF2 (I just love when everything goes darker, it often makes me look outside to check if is a game or a reality thing :cool:). Many tracks do look great (both DLC and mods) but they are overall "flatter" than in AMS2 (I mean, visually). AMS2's ME takes shortcuts to achieve great, pleasing visual effects, but screenshots from rF2 often look more real (cars are great and they use camera DOF to good effect, hiding graphic's shortcomes of the background).

AMS2's "jump in and have fun" factor is compelling and the reason I wish Reiza achieves AMS1/rF1/rF2 kind of driving experience.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Yes totally agree. I really couldn't care less what the trees look like, usually far to busy trying to keep the car on track to have time for sightseeing .

• Like Like x 1
  18. stealthradek

stealthradek Smooth operatooooooor AMS2 Club Member

I think some trees should be 3D as it's creepy when you can see the 2D trees rotating when passing by. The rotating trees don't even need to be at the centre of attention. It's something that when caught by vision cause the brain to issue an alert that something is not right. Even when not focusing on them or sightseeing.

Most trees are fine, but some definitely need changing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Since we're talking about trees, what's even creepier is the billboard clouds suddenly doing a 180 because they reached the midpoint of the skybox. Any plans to do actual, volumetric clouds? I've noticed the billboard clouds significantly more than I ever did the trees.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Christian Wendt

Christian Wendt New Member

I don't remember what they said, except that it will probably add cars to the endurance classes. There was more speculation on specific models, classes and tracks (Sebring) but that usually turns out pure phantasy. Instead I got the remaining DLCs with the All-Inclusive bundle and now have enough content for a while.

What I do remember them saying is that it could be some time until version 1.6 which is supposed to drop in summer. Therefore I assumed that the next DLC is also not coming in April/May but could be completely wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1