Automobilista 2 V1.5.6.1 RELEASED - Now Updated to V1.5.6.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Mar 30, 2024.

1. TomLehockySVK

TomLehockySVK Well-Known Member

Ever since i started using the rFuktor 5013 custom FFB on my T300RS GT i have never been able to find a sim that feels better. The feeling of every car in every situation is just perfection. Here are my settings. Keep in mind the "Damping" with this custom FFB works differently than the default. AMS 2 rFUKTOR 5.0.1.3 FFB Change.jpg

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. GFoyle

GFoyle Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe a month ago, the LMU devs thought that in LMU, the lesser feeling in centre might be lack of initial scrub feeling that might because the tires or some other changes they done to the ffb, so it's definitely not been intentional change. I personally didn't notice that too clearly though, I think it's very similar to rF2 and like rF2, it's can be very car specific.

I personally love rF2/LMU FFB, I feel the grip/limits the best and I do feel the braking enought as well. It might be not the most "realistic" FFB feeling (tires feel often very hard), but for me, it's very informative and helps with my driving.

AMS2 FFB is great though, especially because there is so many options to choose from and adjust it to your liking.

ACC ffb I just can't get into and really prevents my enjoyment of that sim. On my base, it's feels super dampened, with often zero road texture feeling and when braking, totally numb. Could be partially base / manufacturer dependent though. If I would play just that, I probably would get used to it, but it's really annoying when I jump into into only occasionally.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. deekracer

deekracer Active Member

100%. It all just feels odd to me. As far as wheelbase dependent, I went from a CSW 2.5 to a Simagic Ultra, hoping i'd like ACC at least a little more. Nope. It feels like I could get it to feel right but I'd either have to tweak rather than drive or change my driving style b/c it would not work in other sims. It just sits there. I play AC or PCars2 more often, just in case I need a short break from AMS2.

4. Dan BushDog

Dan BushDog New Member

I think that AMS 2's billboards are not only very beautiful, but also guarantee good performance. And because they are 2d, they do not require LOD. I notice at the Nurburgring that the draw distance of the AMS2 is much greater than that of the PC2.

I like how beautiful and photorealistic the PC2 and GTSport are! Both have 3d trees, but the transition of the tree lods on the track seems very discrepant and unnatural to me. It's not something I would say is ugly, but it breaks the illusion of realism to see the trees rebuild themselves! Haha

I think an FSR or DLSS would be good for VR and multiscreen performance, but I think only the FSR, I don't know if DLSS works in DX11.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Fiyah

Fiyah Member

I was watching the WEC Live Practice 3 @ Imola yesterday, and at one point, they started talking about Sim Racing and LMU, and the 10 rigs they brought to Imola for fans to try, They will be bringing those rigs to Spa and Le Mans also this year according to LMU rep who was talking with the commentators on the live feed (Anthony Davidson and the gang)

Sim racing discussion starts at 35:11

• Like Like x 1
  6. Kuku

Kuku Flying Kiwi AMS2 Club Member

And…..
    what’s the relevance to Ams2 ?

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Perhaps it's a suggestion that the AMS2 Imola track model should be updated to include 10 sim rigs in the paddock somewhere ;)

• Funny Funny x 21
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Siggi_Stoppschild

Siggi_Stoppschild Active Member

I have a Moza R9 and I kind like the FFB in ACC, except for the Kerbs. But all in all I feel ACC really hard to drive, for example the Nordschleife in ACC really makes me struggle. I drove a lot there in other Sims (mainly AMS2 and Rfactor2) and I know the track kinda good, but in ACC I struggle to do a valid lap, not to talk about a fast lap…

By the way:
    Why is the Michael Schumacher Billboard in the Schumacher s-curves missing in the 24h layout? Was it really not there in 2020?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Joaquim Pereira

Joaquim Pereira Well-Known Member

I saw a little of Long Beach's IMSA race yesterday and saw two crashes caused by car unsettlement (kurbs were the cause) , and I miss that in AMS2 - it's too easy to regain car control (it does that by itself in good measure). On other sims, I do have to let go the throttle, regain car stability and only then go on throttle to return to the racing line. Meanwhile, the time lost is significant.
    Here's an example that would cost a crash or, at least, lots of time loss in LMU.
    (btw, that was with TC off - no way to race with TC on, the same car in LMU is less stable with TC=6 than AMS2 with TC=1)

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Come on, this forum isn't very much disciplined in that direction.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Joaquim Pereira F-Ultimate on Spa 2020 is scary on the kerbs... You've to lose that GT3/GT1/etc mind and actually avoid the kerbs. So many spins.. I must say I lost my concentration a bit that race due tiredness, tho :rolleyes:

12. Kuku

I just thought it was leading somewhere….
    But not even a by the way ..

13. Kuku

I’ve been unsettled kerbs plenty in ams2 , in fact it was quite prevalent in a race I was in at long beach last week, and that wasn’t even in a difficult car ( G40 cup) , land with too much throttle and you enter a unrecoverable spin .
    But be careful and you can avoid it with good timing of throttle lift .
    But that’s just one example , it’s absolutely not uncommon, and can’t be generalised.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Ernesto_171

Ernesto_171 Active Member

With 1.5.6, I feel that FFB in Default+ with even my cheap G29 is almost cheating, because I can feel and correct everything when driving.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Joaquim Pereira

@azaris @Horia M @Mustafa
    So, in my example, the lack of speed loss is ok?
    Or should I not bring examples or unrealist behavior to the forum?
    What do you disapprove?

I overtook the yellow car easily afterwards. My point is: we can make many errors and not get punished. Le Mans 120% AI, easy. If the race requires pitstops, it's not even a race, it's a walk in the park.
    I'm not ok with that and just want to point it so it can be improved.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Because I disagree with your example. The clip you provided has the FOV so tight we barely see the steering wheel (and respectively, we straight up cannot see the speed), you're catching up against 3 AI who are all battling and clearly losing time, and you're gaining on them on a portion of the track the AI is bad at taking properly. There is no proper way to determine how much speed you lost.

Not to mention that from the looks of it, it appears you were oversteering before you hit the actual kerb. It wasn't kerb unsettlement, it was power oversteer. And what you did - hitting the accelerator when oversteering - is technically the correct way to counter oversteer. Given the LMDh's massive torque and your 0 TC, is it that much of a wonder that you recovered the car?

I've had plenty on unrecoverable slides in AMS2 and plenty others which I could save. You providing an (arguably pretty bad) example and then claiming "oh my god AMS2 physics are so easy" is the definition of cherry picking and generalisation. That's why I disagree.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Joaquim Pereira

(deleted)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
  18. Djin

Djin Active Member

Are we now complaining about the FFB communicating too much information? I think the FFB of AMS2 is one of the very best. That's the main reason it's my main sim.
    That being said, I would really like Reiza to support the Fullforce FFB of the Clubsport DD (and improve the Trueforce support for Logitech wheels as well).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Aye, when I booted up AMS 1 back in days I was blown away how good the FFB was compared to other sims, etc. Then felt relieved AMS 2 FFB was around the same in 2020, and it has been improved over the years. That said AMS 1 FFB still hold a place in my heart.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Joaquim Pereira

@Horia M Ok, I'm really good then. :D
    The view is my center monitor (I'm on triples), 52cm away (AMS2 distance setting is not working properly, didn't change POV). The FOV is equivalent to other sims (AC, ACC, RaceRoom), only Studio 397 sims are slightly different.