Stuttering issues - discussion & suggestions

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Spin, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Spin

Spin Active Member

1. Yes, the shadows may be PC resources hungry (I bet you're right) compared to new games but the specific issue happens regardless of frames per second. The time scale - shadows stutter happens regardless of 30, 120, or 300 fps.

2. Yes, it is 2017 but 95% of this core game-engine (physics, sound, UI, graphics, etc.) isn't 2017 but basically from the late 90s to early-to-mid 2000s. There's only so much you can do, realistically speaking, with a 15-ish year engine so...basicallly...ya, bring on the new Reiza game which hopefully has more-engine upgrades on all fronts (physics, sound, UI, graphics, etc.).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  2. Ctrlvr

Ctrlvr New Member

Though it's an older core it still beats the life out of lot of the more modern stuff for driving joy. Making more use of the power of my PC would be great though - just hope they do a better job than rfactor2 as I can't really tell the difference between the dx9 and the dx11 (beta) version - maybe I'm blind as a bat but they look the same and play the same to me.

3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

To be honest I hope they will evolve the current game engine to DX 11/12 or Vulkan, as far as I know they found a way to get rid of current shadow system but it needs to change the current engine on its core which isn't a good move right now because it will require much time and resources which will be better to spend on their next title...

4. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I agree. It all comes down to which simulation/emulation gives you the most enjoyment. For me that is absolutely AMS. Reiza are proof that committed and communicative devs who value content consistency and attention to detail (physics, ffb, sound, UI, shaders/textures, AI) can elevate a title to greatness. The evolution from GSC to AMS has been astounding. The only real thing holding AMS back is its tired gmotor gfx engine. We know it and the devs know it too, hence Reiza2018.

5. Jason White

Jason White New Member

I hope someone can help me with this. Just installed Automobilista, and everything is running fine except for one thing: anytime my tires touch the curbing and the rumble sound is cued, the graphics stutter step bad. I've tried changing graphics settings, disabling the dynamic hud, turning off the environment sounds, reducing maximum FPS to 60, and nothing has remedied the situation. It happens both online and offline, and with all mods and tracks. Any thoughts or suggestions?

6. DaVeX

You need @Domagoj Lovric help, he is the wizard behind AMS audio!

7. Jason White

Jason White New Member

ok. I will PM him. Thx

8. DaVeX

I tagged him so he will reply to you here, better solve the problem here so everyone with same problem can see the solution ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Jason White

Jason White New Member

It was the force feedback settings. Changed the setting and all good now!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Same here...
    Changed FFB SETTINGS?
    I have strange stutters too since 3 Days and a Thrustmaster T300 ....i try to figure out why it did not work aynmore.
    Nvidia,Windows Fall Update.....Grrrrrr...
    DC
    Thanx

11. Jan Mikuž

Jan Mikuž Active Member AMS2 Club Member

MSI afterburner doesn't work if d3d9.dll is active ?

Battling stutters and sluggish performance and doing a lot of testing.
    Redownloaded d3d9.dll (had it removed before) and now the afterburner osd won't come up.

edit:
    Yup, that seems to be the case. Deleted d3d9.dll again and afterburner osd is back up.

12. Jan Mikuž

Does anyone have a clue why the image would slow down when turning the wheel ?
    If i drive straight (drive very slowly) and let go of the wheel, the image appears smooth, the environment moves past me smoothly.
    But as soon as i start applying steering or speed up and the camera shake intesifies,
    the camera shakes and pans with a very obvious slow down.

This also only happens at any fps limit value other than 60fps or if it is unlocked.
    At fps limit at 60 the camera pans smoothly for the most part if i swerve violently left-right,
    but at 60 i have terrible screen tear and the reduced smoothness is replaced by stuttery motion,
    especially when cornering or sliding heavily or over bumps sometimes.

The fps is ca. 100 when unlocked.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  13. Big_Mama

Big_Mama Ben Suttor AMS2 Club Member

Jan, do you have an Nvidia card? If so, did you try the various settings in the Nvidia control panel or NVinspector? Maybe you could play around with the prerendered frames setting, or different AA settings

14. Jan Mikuž

No, I'm on AMD - r7 250x. Tried everything that's been proposed in this thread. I've now reinstalled the game as the last resort. Still have to check if it makes any difference. Will report back.
    Alex presumes it's down to lacking cpu power - g620 Pentium.

15. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have this same issue with beta version but release version is ok.

16. Jan Mikuž

No improvement after reinstall on my part.

17. Naish

Naish New Member AMS2 Club Member

Since a week I switched from an Amd to a Nvidia 1080 card.
    I have enough fps but once or twice in a round it looks like a miss a frame. Everything is smooth but suddenly the screen is for a split second not smooth. Anyone suggestion?
    I use a:
    i5 6500
    GTX 1080
    Triples
    V-sync
    Use the Nvidia profile (medium 1.0 x) in de Automobilista configurator
    And did a clean install Windows 10 64 bit install

18. Jan Mikuž

High fps doesn't seem to be an indicator of everything being in order in this game.
    I would have 150 on high preset, yet the image feels very unsmooth with regular frame skipping and stutter.

19. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes I have 150+ frames continuously and in beta version video shaking happens on every turn of the wheel. Almost like an effect trying to simulate a particular type of view rather than video reprduction or display issue

20. leon_90

leon_90 Member AMS2 Club Member

Slap my ass and call me stupid but this stuttering issue we all have I believe will only be sorted by going 64 bit in the exe. It's a CPU and Ram problem, bottlenecking at times. AMS has become too heavy

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017