1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuttering issues - discussion & suggestions

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Spin, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Spin

Spin Member

1. Yes, the shadows may be PC resources hungry (I bet you're right) compared to new games but the specific issue happens regardless of frames per second. The time scale - shadows stutter happens regardless of 30, 120, or 300 fps.

2. Yes, it is 2017 but 95% of this core game-engine (physics, sound, UI, graphics, etc.) isn't 2017 but basically from the late 90s to early-to-mid 2000s. There's only so much you can do, realistically speaking, with a 15-ish year engine so...basicallly...ya, bring on the new Reiza game which hopefully has more-engine upgrades on all fronts (physics, sound, UI, graphics, etc.).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  2. Ctrlvr

Ctrlvr New Member

Though it's an older core it still beats the life out of lot of the more modern stuff for driving joy. Making more use of the power of my PC would be great though - just hope they do a better job than rfactor2 as I can't really tell the difference between the dx9 and the dx11 (beta) version - maybe I'm blind as a bat but they look the same and play the same to me.

3. DaVeX

DaVeX Active Member

To be honest I hope they will evolve the current game engine to DX 11/12 or Vulkan, as far as I know they found a way to get rid of current shadow system but it needs to change the current engine on its core which isn't a good move right now because it will require much time and resources which will be better to spend on their next title...

4. tpw

tpw Active Member

I agree. It all comes down to which simulation/emulation gives you the most enjoyment. For me that is absolutely AMS. Reiza are proof that committed and communicative devs who value content consistency and attention to detail (physics, ffb, sound, UI, shaders/textures, AI) can elevate a title to greatness. The evolution from GSC to AMS has been astounding. The only real thing holding AMS back is its tired gmotor gfx engine. We know it and the devs know it too, hence Reiza2018.